Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE2020: Dublin Bay South

Options
  • 22-01-2020 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Confirmed candidates are:

Eoghan Murphy TD (FG)
    Kate O’Connell TD (FG)
    Jim O’Callaghan TD (FF)
    Eamon Ryan TD (Green)
    Cllr Chris Andrews (SF)
    Senator Kevin Humphreys (Labour)
    Sarah Durcan (Social Democrats)
    Jacqui Gilbourne (Renua)
    Annette Mooney (People Before Profit)
    Ben Scallan (Irish Freedom Party)
    Cllr. Mannix Flynn (Independent)
    Peter Dooley (Independent)
    Sean O’Leary (Independent)
    John Dominic Keigher (Independent)

4 seats up for grabs. What are your predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Greens might have taken two seats if they ran a second candidate. I expect Lucinda Creighton’s voters to mostly head back to FG and underpin their second seat but... Eoghan Murphy gets no good press and one of them may be vulnerable to Kevin Humphreys.

I wonder is this the lowest number of candidates in a 4 seater nationwide. Is there no class war candidate to vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Marcusm wrote: »
    Greens might have taken two seats if they ran a second candidate. I expect Lucinda Creighton’s voters to mostly head back to FG and underpin their second seat but... Eoghan Murphy gets no good press and one of them may be vulnerable to Kevin Humphreys.

I wonder is this the lowest number of candidates in a 4 seater nationwide. Is there no class war candidate to vote for.

I agree, I think FG will be nervous about Labour taking a seat here at their expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

Marcusm wrote: »

Is there not a Peter Dooley from PBProfit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

[QUOTE=Marcusm;112326732
    I wonder is this the lowest number of candidates in a 4 seater nationwide. Is there no class war candidate to vote for.[/QUOTE]

All the candidates are not listed, the rest are below.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Jizique wrote: »
    skimpydoo wrote: »

Those additions make sense. It looks like Peter Dooley is independent and not PBP although he ws previously aligned with PBP. Is he truly independent or is he Real/Continuity PBP?

One of the candidates is a media contributor and another a media professional. IS a contributor free and a professional paid? Likewise, the SocDems candidate might have been better described as an office worker than a "Global Operations Manager" which is more a tile than an occupation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Jizique wrote: »

Is he the lunatic that was invading the RTB offices and intimidating people?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Augme

Eamon Ryan, Kate O'Connell and Jim O'Callaghan are all safe. I think eoghsn Murphy is in big trouble. I expect Kevin humphries to get the last seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

skimpydoo wrote: »

The Dream Team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Ben Scallan's election bumph came in the door this morning. Here's how he's described on the Freedom Party's Website:

Ben Scallan
    Born in 1997 to an Irish father and Jamaican mother, Ben Scallan is a patriotic young voice who started out as a Pro-Life activist. A gifted public speaker, Ben is now Dubin cumann leader for the Irish Freedom Party. He is a rising star in the party and will make a superb TD for the people of Dublin Bay South.

Ben-Scallan-300x330.jpg

I'm not going to say he looks like a jihadi. I'm just saying if he sees anyone wielding a narwhal tusk, he should leg it. That's all :)

Advertisement