Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I remove an internal Wall Box for Phone Watch Alarm

Options
  • 22-01-2020 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, I'm about to renovate a bedroom in a house we bought a few years back. The previous owners used a phone watch alarm system with clunky sensor/cameras in most rooms.
    There's a large white wall mounted box full of electronics plugged into a socket in the room i'm about to renovate. I always just assumed it was something related to the old cameras/alarm system. I just left it plugged in and ignored it until now. Can I just unplug and remove this, or is that going to cause issues with the old alarm system?
    The cameras/sensors have already been removed, and there's no active phone watch contract or anything so I'm hoping nothing will happen if I remove this...I'm clueless about phone watch alarms so any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ddonn

Logicost31 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm about to renovate a bedroom in a house we bought a few years back. The previous owners used a phone watch alarm system with clunky sensor/cameras in most rooms.
    There's a large white wall mounted box full of electronics plugged into a socket in the room i'm about to renovate. I always just assumed it was something related to the old cameras/alarm system. I just left it plugged in and ignored it until now. Can I just unplug and remove this, or is that going to cause issues with the old alarm system?
    The cameras/sensors have already been removed, and there's no active phone watch contract or anything so I'm hoping nothing will happen if I remove this...I'm clueless about phone watch alarms so any advice welcome.

The white box is the main panel. There is a tamper switch on this box that triggers when the lid is opened or removed from the wall.

Since this system is no longer monitored, it won't do anything. If u want to remove the box, open the cover. Insert screwdriver into catch and pop open and remove 4 screws.

Please note that the contract with phone watch was probably rental of equipment and they probably still own all the equipment and may come looking for it

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Logicost31

Thanks, I actually got through to phonewatch after posting this. They said it was OK to remove as it's not monitored any more. Never mentioned collecting the equipment, I doubt they'd be bothered, but I'd gladly hand it over to them, it would save me finding a way to dispose of it all.

Is the keypad/panel in the hallway wired in place? I didn't think of asking them about that bit. Would that be easily removed too?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ddonn

Logicost31 wrote: »
    Thanks, I actually got through to phonewatch after posting this. They said it was OK to remove as it's not monitored any more. Never mentioned collecting the equipment, I doubt they'd be bothered, but I'd gladly hand it over to them, it would save me finding a way to dispose of it all.

Is the keypad/panel in the hallway wired in place? I didn't think of asking them about that bit. Would that be easily removed too?

No it's wireless, very easy to remove. epending on the model, you either take the little screw out of the top and push up from the bottom to remove keypad and access the screws or on the older version there is a little catch on the bottom right side. Insert a screwdriver and push up to remove keypad

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Logicost31

ddonn wrote: »
    No it's wireless, very easy to remove. epending on the model, you either take the little screw out of the top and push up from the bottom to remove keypad and access the screws or on the older version there is a little catch on the bottom right side. Insert a screwdriver and push up to remove keypad

Excellent, glad to hear it thanks. Will tidy up the look of two rooms so!

Advertisement