Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken and White wine recipe without cream?

Options
  • 22-01-2020 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Does anyone have a recipe to use up chicken and white wine without cream? Want to use the wine but family do not like creamy sauces
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

How about a simple risotto ?

Melt some butter, fry some finely chopped onion, add diced chicken and cook. After a few minutes add risotto rice and fry together with the onion and chicken for a few mins, add half a glass or more of white wine and let it reduce.

Warm up 500 ml stock in a saucepan and add a ladle into the risotto pan, stir well and let it absorb into rice before adding more stock. Add grated parmesan cheese and stir well. Keep gradually adding stock until rice is cooked and texture is creamy. Add more parmesan, season and serve

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Canterelle

Thanks, great idea, and I love risotto but the other 2 don't. May just drink the wine and make a curry ! Was half thinking of reducing wince shallots garlic, then adding cornstarch/flour and stock to make a casserole type dish. Would it taste weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Canterelle wrote: »
    Thanks, great idea, and I love risotto but the other 2 don't. May just drink the wine and make a curry ! Was half thinking of reducing wince shallots garlic, then adding cornstarch/flour and stock to make a casserole type dish. Would it taste weird?

I always have chicken casserole with wine and stock, (thighs, leek, carrot and potatoes) no cream, as Im like your family! always tastes lovely

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i make my bolognaise with white wine, so you could consider the tomato route

• Advertisement
Advertisement