Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best breakfast and lunch places in citycentre

Options
  • 22-01-2020 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

where in the city centre is great for breakfast and lunch . Heading up with the brother for a day out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Banzai600

be interested to hear myself......

we used to go in a bit for brekkie, but just stopped. General produce was sub standard for the price you pay, and some places looking almost 20e now for a poxy hipster breakfast & coffee is just nuts. Im talking a proper breakfast, sausages, egg, pudding etc.

Southside, there is a place at the very bottom of Rathmines opp portobello, right on the corner " grove road", which isnt bad, and also the place on kevin st, "goose on the loose", reasonably priced and good value. Thats where id shoot for myself.

In general, the city centre is a rip off, and its hard to get a good quality brekkie. " brunch " is all the rage now dont ya know the last few years, would they ***k off with themselves, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

The Ripley Court Hotel on Talbot Street does a large breakfast for €8, fill you up for the day. It's very popular with Bus drivers, Irish Rail staff and builders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    where in the city centre is great for breakfast and lunch . Heading up with the brother for a day out

The kingfisher, big green building on Parnell Street at the top of O Connell street, for breakfast.

We go there any time we are in Dublin for a match and it's always fantastic. €10 for full Irish, tea and toast and you'll be full for the day after it. Very friendly staff and quick service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Del Rio's breakfast bap for brekkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

raheny red wrote: »
    Del Rio's breakfast bap for brekkie.

Del Rio's has the best breakfast; it's an old style greasy spoon. Full breakfast with chips, toast and tea for 10 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,350 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Galadriel wrote: »
    Del Rio's has the best breakfast; it's an old style greasy spoon. Full breakfast with chips, toast and tea for 10 euro.
    I had to google that to see where it was - and it's listed at opening at 10am every day? Surely a bit odd for a place famed for its breakfast!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I had to google that to see where it was - and it's listed at opening at 10am every day? Surely a bit odd for a place famed for its breakfast!

A bit late alright, it's a cafe and a chipper. I only go in at lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Galadriel wrote: »
    A bit late alright, it's a cafe and a chipper. I only go in at lunch time.

It's probably not frequented by Leo's voters "who get up in the morning!"

OP, I second Kingfisher on Parnell St. Nothing fancy but good grub and service both for breakfast or lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Bewleys does some nice breakfasts

Or is this a quality as quantity thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Had a quick look at your post history and this is for you. Without a doubt.

https://brotherhubbard.ie

There's one North and there's on South. It's like hangover food, but done healthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ann's Bakery on Henry St. does a nice fry up before 11:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Oh yeah, Kingfisher another good shout. If you've any room left, try the scones!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Something different for lunch Alliance Francaise corner of Kildare Street and Nassau Street.

Unpretentious and relaxed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I like MishMash at the top of Capel Street (in a Dutch Billy building - number 66) for lunch. Also the Blas Cafe in the Chocolate Factory on Kings Inns Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Another one for Del Rio's...... when on the Northside that is...

Gerry's on Montague Lane (just off Camden St) for Southside.

You won't be disappointed with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Brendan's coffee shop on Mary's Lane, which is just beyond Capel Street (its opposite the recently closed fruit market).

Proper cafe, everything is served on batch bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

elperello wrote: »
    Something different for lunch Alliance Francaise corner of Kildare Street and Nassau Street.

Unpretentious and relaxed.

Nice spot, but useless for vegetarians.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    Brendan's coffee shop on Mary's Lane, which is just beyond Capel Street (its opposite the recently closed fruit market).

Proper cafe, everything is served on batch bread.

I thought this was gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Kablamo! wrote: »
    I thought this was gone?

No still there. The building is up for sale but tenant is not affected. Was there earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Love2love wrote: »
    Another one for Del Rio's...... when on the Northside that is...

Gerry's on Montague Lane (just off Camden St) for Southside.

You won't be disappointed with either.

Just around the corner from Gerrys on Camden street beside the motorbike shop a place called Sofia’s does a good breakfast.

• Advertisement

Blas is such a great spot, quality food. I've never had a bad meal and it's very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Upstairs in Kilkenny on Nassau Street....opens 8am and is pretty cheap, under a tenner I think.

Only for old people (joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭elperello

boombang wrote: »
    Nice spot, but useless for vegetarians.

It is a nice place but for vegetarians I'd have recommended Blazing Salads on Drury Street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Wolf & spoon angier st good cafe good breakfast and if you fancy a pizza for lunch Sano opposite Dublin castle really cheap but really good €9 for a margarita

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Upstairs in Kilkenny on Nassau Street....opens 8am and is pretty cheap, under a tenner I think.

Only for old people (joke)

Went there for lunch before xmas was a bit hesitant for that reason and I taught it might be a bit expensive but it was lovely , jazz band in the corner very chilled good food and nice staff. A posh ish carvery really and reasonably priced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Minime2.5 wrote: »

If you like a vegan lunch get to Carrot's Tail in Rathmines or V in Temple Bar for vegan burgers and melts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

elperello wrote: »
    It is a nice place but for vegetarians I'd have recommended Blazing Salads on Drury Street.

OP doesn't state they're vegetarian though

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

salmocab wrote: »
    Just around the corner from Gerrys on Camden street beside the motorbike shop a place called Sofia’s does a good breakfast.

Gerrys is the spot for me, always leave happy......if its packed & ya cant wait, Sofia's is a pretty good second choice

Sano in temple bar is a great shout for the lunch, savage pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Gerrys is the spot for me, always leave happy......if its packed & ya cant wait, Sofia's is a pretty good second choice

Sano in temple bar is a great shout for the lunch, savage pizza!

Gerrys is always packed in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Another shout for Gerry's. Have been going there for many years. The largest breakfast - a tenner - is seriously filling.

I can usually get a seat in there before 8.30am - might be a bit early for OP.

Advertisement