Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Yeah, 7 years of happy driving with it. 356,000km on the clock, a few issues started to come up in the last couple of services. Not sure what is worth now. €1500-€2000?

Cheap enough project for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

maddness wrote: »
    I’d imagine there is a lot more sound insulation in a 5 series.

Big time. It sounds a bit underwhelming to be honest unless you drive it hard above 4000 rpm.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Found myself lurking here this evening and seen some lovely motors. Said I’d throw mine in for good measure ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

vectra wrote: »
    Cheap enough project for someone.

It would be, might throw it up on Donedeal or see will a webuycars website buy it.

IMG-0796.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

Kevvv wrote: »
    Found myself lurking here this evening and seen some lovely motors. Said I’d throw mine in for good measure ðŸ‘

Nice. What did you use to get the plate on? Just had some pressed plates delivered and don't want to screw on again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

TeaPot918 wrote: »
    Nice. What did you use to get the plate on? Just had some pressed plates delivered and don't want to screw on again.

Just some good quality 3M double sided tape. Have used it for years and yet to lose a plate!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

Yet another bimmer

20200713-211413.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

pinktoe wrote: »
    Took a pic the last time I got it washed. It's having a pretty easy life for the last couple of months

That’s a beautiful machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

It would be, might throw it up on Donedeal or see will a webuycars website buy it.
    Sent you a PM :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Cleans up very well.

What size wheels are on it? 19"? They look quite small.. Lovely car. Would you say it's faster than the 435d?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

hooch-85 wrote: »
    What size wheels are on it? 19"? They look quite small.. Lovely car. Would you say it's faster than the 435d?

They are the standard 18’s. On a smooth dry road it’s a lot faster than the 435 or the R but struggles to get the power down otherwise. It needs tyres so I’ll reserve judgement till then. When you are at motorway speeds it’s really very quick and more than enough for our roads. To be honest they are all very fast cars but in the real world not much can get down a good road like a Golf R.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

To be honest they are all very fast cars but in the real world not much can get down a good road like a Golf R.

Yes but dull in comparison to a rear wheel drive car like the m140i.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Wailin wrote: »

Also correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

They are the standard 18’s. On a smooth dry road it’s a lot faster than the 435 or the R but struggles to get the power down otherwise. It needs tyres so I’ll reserve judgement till then. When you are at motorway speeds it’s really very quick and more than enough for our roads. To be honest they are all very fast cars but in the real world not much can get down a good road like a Golf R.

18's have their advantages, much cheaper tyres being one, softer ride I'm sure too. I would like to get a spin in one some time, definitely the 6 cyl would be a more characterful engine.
    Wailin wrote: »

Maybe it's just me coming from a GTD but I don't find the R dull at all. On purely engine sound and character the BMW would win hands down alright, and I know they are much quicker in straight line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

A rare sunny day in Dublin city centre (last weekend!). An LCI 440i now seems like the logical progression. This will either end up back on UK plates and a VRT rebate or remain as is through a forum sale - the thoughts of advertising it and dealing with, well you know.

Sunday.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

One of my favourite cars around here, love it. I know exactly how you feel about advertising outside forums, i'm in the same predicament myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Be worth talking to some of the higher end dealers and see about sale and then payment....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Holy Toledo! No wait... it's a Karoq :) Overdue clean today.

XiWPE8m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

New Frenchie on the driveway today

20200718-121333.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

Whats-App-Image-2020-07-18-at-18-25-14.jpg

Both beasts washed and waxed over the weekend (2003 330ci, 2004 M3)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

C65-FD15-E-32-BD-4628-8-B27-8-F6-BD47926-B5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Spent some time cleaning the Golf today. De-ironed the paintwork and also removed the Tar which took an age white cars and tar are a disaster. Happy enough with how it looked in the end.

521256.jpg

521257.jpg

Cip4 how could you let such a beaut go???

Smashing place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Chalk and cheese

50161936288_6409e9c1d4_c.jpg

50162489381_44ec79c227_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why did you take a picture outside my house?

Why did you take a picture outside my house?

You live in a bush....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You live in a bush....

Sometimes....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Cip4 how could you let such a beaut go???

Smashing place to be.

Overall I enjoyed owning it was a great experience lovely car to drive and handle. But when my heart isn't in it anymore makes sense just to sell it on for someone else to enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

20200728-215238.jpg

20200728-215323.jpg

2014-10-24-18-19-13.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Beautiful

Advertisement