Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Collected the new family wagon today. I know there are those who say you can transport a small human and their associated baggage in a Fiesta, but why put that on yourself

521455.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

New Triton, new to me anyway. Dec-17 Reg. 45k km on the clock
    Business / not business purchase

521501.jpg
    521502.jpg
    521503.jpg
    521500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Haven't seen stickers on the rears of cars in a long time, has the crazy trend ended?
    It hasn't ended, just *evolved*

image.jpg

(Mustang 5.0 local to me....look closely at the 'GT' badge :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

Not the best photos but took my MG out of storage for the first time in 6 months. I've owned this car for 14 years now and although rarely get to drive it still love it!

And the eagle eye'd will notice the boards.ie sticker in the windscreen from approx 10 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ryano87 wrote: »
    Not the best photos but took my MG out of storage for the first time in 6 months. I've owned this car for 14 years now and although rarely get to drive it still love it!

And the eagle eye'd will notice the boards.ie sticker in the windscreen from approx 10 years ago!

Love it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

Took the car down to the beach for a camping trip a couple of weekends ago. Had it a year now and very impressed by it so far.

Needs a good wash though!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

The wagon. Best 1800 quid I ever spent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

firstlight wrote: »
    The wagon. Best 1800 quid I ever spent

Have one sitting outside the door also, great car.
    But nothing beats my 99 A4, best car I've ever had, have gotten 1,000 miles to a tank a few times. My oul lad uses it for tipping about just to keep it active.

Audi don't make them like the older generations anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Have one sitting outside the door also, great car.
    But nothing beats my 99 A4, best car I've ever had, have gotten 1,000 miles to a tank a few times. My oul lad uses it for tipping about just to keep it active.

Audi don't make them like the older generations anymore.

I agree with you,don't make them like that anymore,too much to go wrong on new cars. Over engineered and expensive to fix when they go wrong. I love the older styling of the Audi's, late 90s early 00,s
    Just over 420 000 Kms on it now
    1200 to 1300 Kms a tank
    70 litre tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

firstlight wrote: »
    I agree with you,don't make them like that anymore,too much to go wrong on new cars. Over engineered and expensive to fix when they go wrong. I love the older styling of the Audi's, late 90s early 00,s
    Just over 420 000 Kms on it now
    1200 to 1300 Kms a tank
    70 litre tank

I still deal in miles :D
    62 litre tank in the A4 so 1600kms? That's driving it like an absolute granny though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

Got new tyres on the cupra today. Hopefully they'll be better than the tatt I took off. After getting home and having a closer inspection, they've chipped 3 of my alloys and I'm pissed. Pic is just of the car on the ramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,520 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Austmcc wrote: »
    Got new tyres on the cupra today. Hopefully they'll be better than the tatt I took off. After getting home and having a closer inspection, they've chipped 3 of my alloys and I'm pissed. Pic is just of the car on the ramp.

It's hell getting new tyres on, stresses me out every time, very few places can do it right. Not sure if it's carelessness or if they simply don't have the tools to do it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's hell getting new tyres on, stresses me out every time, very few places can do it right. Not sure if it's carelessness or if they simply don't have the tools to do it properly.

They rush it and don't have the tools that are covered so it's metal on metal.....

Sometimes a little extra paid is better

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

I can understand mistakes happening, but 3 of 4? I wouldn't mind but I know a lot of boards members use this place from researching the forums. I'm not sure if it's a waste of time to go back to them over it. I can already hear the "it was like that before we touched it" and I have no pics to prove otherwise.

Met another MG in Wicklow tonight so took some nice photos. Sorry I will learn how to embed pics properly

Met another MG in Wicklow tonight so took some nice photos. Sorry I will learn how to embed pics properly

And another

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

My new baby :D

Ue9sAgrl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Ericaa wrote: »
    My new baby :D
    That is cracking, what's the spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

advertsfox wrote: »
    That is cracking, what's the spec?

It's a 1.5 petrol hybrid with 124 bhp.

The insides don't match the outside :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Finally got a chance to give my car a full correction and Ceramic Coating, a year and half after being repainted :pac:

Spent 4 days between the prep, correction and coating. I could've gone a bit further but I couldn't justify another day or two on it :rolleyes:

The paint was protected with Gtechniq's Crystal Serum Ultra and two coats of EXOv4, the wheels were coated with C5 Wheel Armour before being mounted.

DNTDLpUl.jpg

SdksEwTl.jpg

KZAe5wGl.jpg

ViiUSB1l.jpg

qmmnSBnl.jpg

AXmszn1l.jpg

L2zt90al.jpg

CZpFW7pl.jpg

3988M36l.jpg

Gd2q26il.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

How long do you have that E39 now Norman? Looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

How long do you have that E39 now Norman? Looks fantastic

Cheers, there is still stuff to do but for the most part I'm very happy with it. I have it 3 Years and 3 months now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

That is pure class Norman, my favourite beemer on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Drool..... I got a smack she thought I was looking at ladies.....

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

My 2 money pits. BC5 is on the high seas at the min

IMG-20200621-101543.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭traco

Thats a fabulous 540

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

20200801-220631.jpg

The old banger's not too bad if you stand back far enough 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Homer

Picked up a basic detailing kit from Reflect Autocare and washed and polished the car this morning. 2017 Octavia estate Vrs picked up about 3 weeks ago.

dEVDX4.md.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I initially hated those alloy wheels with a passion but they look really good on a black wagon.

Advertisement