Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Spent the last week calling and texting every donedeal and facebook marketplace ad i could find for Corollas/ Avensis/ Celicas for breaking within a sensible distance to try and get a set of any kind of 5 stud Toyota wheels or even Toyota hub caps. Cant believe i couldn't get a set.

Splashed the cash on some hubcaps to tide me over :pac:

You might have seen my wheels on adverts too in your search? I was reminded of an old ad I've up there when I saw this earlier. I've 2 sets of wheels and the interior off my old Celica in a shed here in Cork for the last couple of years that I can't get to at the moment, but if you're still looking in a few weeks time I can make sure they're still there and pull them out then if it's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Perfect day for the gti.

41.jpg

42.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

PXL-20210316-112043606-MP-2.jpg
    PXL-20210316-111613865-MP-2.jpg

Bought a 430i early February. Has some questionable specs like cognac interior and m-sport suspension delete, but otherwise it's a very nice spec, and its the only 430i I've seen on sale all year, so I'll get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Nice, I know the guys with the 435d Xdrives fit eibach springs and it supposedly makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Sunny days are for taking pictures of the cars :D

547289.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Maybe I'm showing my age but an M-sport with SE suspension sounds like heaven to me (as someone with an M-sport E60). Change the tyres to non RF next time round and it'll be nice and comfy. Lovely car btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Nice, I know the guys with the 435d Xdrives fit eibach springs and it supposedly makes a big difference.

Yeah made a big difference to mine alright.
    That car looks great, I love the cognac leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Cognac leather is a lovely option with the Mineral Grey imo. I've a 430d in Mineral Grey too but with the Oyster interior and these colours make a huge difference to the interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

hooch-85 wrote: »

Interesting 🤔 I've only ever done visual mods before, but I do think I'll keep this for a long time, I'll look into that.
    Maybe I'm showing my age but an M-sport with SE suspension sounds like heaven to me (as someone with an M-sport E60). Change the tyres to non RF next time round and it'll be nice and comfy. Lovely car btw

In fairness it's very comfortable - much more comfortable than my previous 418d m sport which I've had with both 19 and 20 inch wheels, but you really miss the stiffer suspension going into corners when you're driving with oomph!
    maddness wrote: »
    Yeah made a big difference to mine alright.
    That car looks great, I love the cognac leather.

Thank you 🙂 In fairness it's totally grown on me, I don't know why I keep bashing it.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    The Cognac leather is a lovely option with the Mineral Grey imo. I've a 430d in Mineral Grey too but with the Oyster interior and these colours make a huge difference to the interior.

Yeah as above, I dunno why I keep bashing it, I have come to love the color!

I test drove the 430d and I have to say the diesel was infinitely the better engine. Unfortunately I just don't do the mileage to justify it, and the specs available were nowhere near the petrol I ended up getting (prob a result of most diesels being fleet vehicles).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭passatman86

@toyotafanboi how you find dailying the celica. Whats the 140bhp like is there much go in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

@toyotafanboi how you find dailying the celica. Whats the 140bhp like is there much go in them.

Wouldn't be a missle or anything but it's a grand yoke to go. Enough to entertain you but not enough to get you killed a speeding ticket :pac:. Biggest criticism is the 5 speed box isn't very nice, i think a 6 speed 140 like the UK cars would be ideal.

Have had a few days off, have been getting stuck in. Pretty much finished with the outside for now, happy with how it came around for basically no money. Have put up around 250kms on it now, drives pretty sweet, overall very happy!

20210319-113502.jpg

20210319-113539.jpg

Good stuff. Learn something new every day - are the 140 uk celica 6 speed. Your one would look very well with a lip kit. Loads online for breaking

Yeah, i wont be going to town on it, this is definitely a pocket money project, trying to stay very very cheap and cheerful. Would buy a silver bootlid if i can find one as someone bodged a water leak fix on mine and kinda wrecked it if you look close.

Have made a good few DIY videos for the bits i've done, will put them up on youtube over the weekend.

Yeah, i wont be going to town on it, this is definitely a pocket money project, trying to stay very very cheap and cheerful. Would buy a silver bootlid if i can find one as someone bodged a water leak fix on mine and kinda wrecked it if you look close.

Have made a good few DIY videos for the bits i've done, will put them up on youtube over the weekend.

They can be the best projects when your searching for quality bargains. Do you have a youtube channel with past projects or similar videos ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

My Celica is gone, sadly it needed more tlc than I was able to give it.

Out with the Celica and in with the Megane.

It's off this evening to get cambelt, waterpump and service done.

4 new tyres booked for next Thursday and a new windscreen being fitted too. Then NCT on Friday.

Fingers crossed it all goes well.

20210319-155748.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Can't remember last time when I have seen one of those on the road.

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

ba_barabus wrote: »
    My Celica is gone, sadly it needed more tlc than I was able to give it.

You didn't have it very long. Where did you sell it? And how did it go so quickly? Must have been pretty cheap.

You didn't have it very long. Where did you sell it? And how did it go so quickly? Must have been pretty cheap.

Put it outside my gate after detailing it at 5pm and said someone coming home from work would buy it as it looked great in the sunshine. It was sold by 6.

Don't want to go into details but it's making it way to a young apprentice mechanic from his sponsor as he needs a bit of a lift right now. I gave it away in return for the mechanic doing a service and cambelt change on the Megane. I had all the parts in the boot. Everyone's a winner :)

wonski wrote: »
    Can't remember last time when I have seen one of those on the road.

Nice one.
    They're getting to be a rare sight now especially in good condition. I'd love a Coupe to go with it but they seem to be hard to find now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Put it outside my gate after detailing it at 5pm and said someone coming home from work would buy it as it looked great in the sunshine. It was sold by 6.

Don't want to go into details but it's making it way to a young apprentice mechanic from his sponsor as he needs a bit of a lift right now. I gave it away in return for the mechanic doing a service and cambelt change on the Megane. I had all the parts in the boot. Everyone's a winner :)

Fair play, man. I think you've done more than you realize right there. You and the mechanic.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Fair play, man. I think you've done more than you realize right there. You and the mechanic.

Thanks man. Bit of a pay it forward moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

First major clean of the year

5-E20-A45-D-6-B4-F-4-B28-80-E5-725-D5-D0103-C5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

547922.jpg

547921.jpg

6 months with my FK2 FN2 1.8 ivtec, couldn't be happier. I've done some work on it to keep busy during lockdown, apart from servicing it I've changed the front grille, added a spoiler, added front fog lights, tinted the rear windows, new sequential mirror indicators, black dye on the trim, headlight restore, wind deflectors and blacked out door handles and fuel cover.

Such good cars. Controvertially, I dont really miss mine at all but it was a great all rounder of a car.

Such good cars. Controvertially, I dont really miss mine at all but it was a great all rounder of a car.

I’m the exact same about my civic now.
    my son still misses it though.
    They were the motors forum car of choice for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Great cars, I used to also have a 1.8 in silver.

Screenshot-20210323-225936-com-google-android-apps-photos.jpg

Think yours is a fk1, not an fn2 btw, pedantic I know...
    .sorry.

FN2 is the Type R but I think the ep3 is the quicker one as it's lighter but the FN2 has stuff like cruise control.

11-D7-E259-1-E41-4-C75-B04-D-9-A12977018-E1.jpg

Seeing as we’re doing Civics!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

FN1 :o

Pic to stop the chat :pac:

547926.jpeg

• Advertisement

FN1 :o

FN1 not the 3 door and 5 door is Fk1?

Advertisement