Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

And just to stay on topic, here's my FN2 :-)

Love this car. However, I feel like I always have to apologise to any passengers about the suspension. It's harsh. But the engine and transmission more than make up for it. It's no S2k in the Revs department, but 8300rpm ain't too shabby either.

j2ZcZom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

FN1 not the 3 door and 5 door is Fk1?

FK is the latest shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

For that generation:
    FK1 = 5dr 1.4 petrol
    FK2 = 5dr 1.8 petrol
    FK3 = 5dr 2.2 diesel
    FN1 = 3dr 1.8 petrol
    FN2 = 3dr 2.0 Type R
    FN3 = 3dr 2.2 diesel
    FD1 = 4dr 1.8 petrol
    FD2 = 4dr 2.0 Type R
    FD3 = 4dr 1.3 IMA

Newer generations also used the FK code

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Great cars, I used to also have a 1.8 in silver.

Think yours is a fk1, not an fn2 btw, pedantic I know...
    .sorry.

Yeah sorry, I've confused myself with all the parts adverts... it's an FK2 ( Checked the VIN)

Nice car! I much prefer thatGP front bumper

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just after a clean at the weekend:

20210323-132522.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Had to give it a clean, parked up most of the time and it still manages to get filthy :D

B6486114-A7-B9-4-F68-9-B6-E-279-CDD652-C6-E.jpg

Getting some pilot sport 4S put on next week and a cat back exhaust, should make a nice difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The seat is an absolute beaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Getting some pilot sport 4S put on next week and a cat back exhaust, should make a nice difference.

Should make for a nice note!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Had to give it a clean, parked up most of the time and it still manages to get filthy :D

I've just started to look at Cupra wagons and yours may have made my mind up for me. Lovely car and vastly underrated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Should make for a nice note!

Yep plus he was telling me that they will gut the DPF so more power which is good..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Got a new car cover, turned my car into a hovercraft

548013.jpg

548014.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

That Cupra is amazing. Definitely Cupra wagon goals for the future should I ever give up my little one.

Where are you getting the exhaust done out of curiousity? Strongly considering getting mine done, though insurance is due for renewal so don't want that to be more awkward than it needs to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭passatman86

Nearly 6 years been my daily driver. Longest car ive held onto. Might keep it when time comes to buy something newer. Only 184 kilometres on it so plenty of driving left in it hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Something to be said for the comfy, reliable mile muncher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

...and a cat back exhaust

What's the difference between a cat back and a res delete?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

A resonator delete involves removing the centre silencer of the exhaust and replacing it with a straight through pipe.

A cat back exhaust is a manufactured exhaust system that as the name suggests goes from the catalyst to the rear of the car and is normally in two sections, the centre pipe and rear silencer. Manufacturers would be Miltek, Scorpion, or if you are feeling really flush Akrapovic.

Austmcc wrote: »
    Where are you getting the exhaust done out of curiousity?

Des Goldens in Cork are doing it.
    hooch-85 wrote: »
    A resonator delete involves removing the centre silencer of the exhaust and replacing it with a straight through pipe.

A cat back exhaust is a manufactured exhaust system that as the name suggests goes from the catalyst to the rear of the car and is normally in two sections, the centre pipe and rear silencer. Manufacturers would be Miltek, Scorpion, or if you are feeling really flush Akrapovic.

Going with Scorpion, Miltek strangely came in about €650 more than the Scorpion system and it’s not really justifiable. Didn’t even ask about the Akrapovic...if you need to ask and all that :D

Des Goldens in Cork are doing it.

Going with Scorpion, Miltek strangely came in about €650 more than the Scorpion system and it’s not really justifiable. Didn’t even ask about the Akrapovic...if you need to ask and all that :D

More curiosity, and then I'll stop bugging you! Can I ask why you were going with branded rather than a custom stainless from a good fabricator? Prices I've seen have been comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

More curiosity, and then I'll stop bugging you! Can I ask why you were going with branded rather than a custom stainless from a good fabricator? Prices I've seen have been comparable.

I was quoted nearly €1000 for a similar set up from a well known crowd in Trim for my old RX8.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I was quoted nearly €1000 for a similar set up from a well known crowd in Trim for my old RX8.

I've been quoted between 700 and 800 euro for a cat back from a well known place in Dublin (depending on number of silencers) and a miltek cat back is about 700 before fitting last I checked for my ibiza cupra. All a little steeper than I was expecting tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yep plus he was telling me that they will gut the DPF so more power which is good..

thought they are only in diesels = diesel particulate filter (DPF)

Honestly it’s a known quantity in what I’ll be getting and from a place with a very good name. There are places that can do it for a good chunk less but this is convenient, no messing about and there’s plenty of reviews/videos of the system and I’m happy with that. I went with a resonated system so it won’t be anything mad.

I've been quoted between 700 and 800 euro for a cat back from a well known place in Dublin (depending on number of silencers) and a miltek cat back is about 700 before fitting last I checked for my ibiza cupra. All a little steeper than I was expecting tbh.

That sounds a decent price for the Miltek tbh, it was coming in at a multiple of that for the ST! You could go a res delete route to try it maybe? Personally not a huge fan of the sound from a res delete but it’s a cheap option and can be undone easily.

OSI wrote: »
    Hand someone 4 figures for a bespoke system only to find out it sounds like a post pints bathroom visit and you're stuck with it. At least you know what the car will sound like with the branded systems.

I know I'm a child but that's exactly what I look for in my cars. :pac:

Carpentry wrote: »
    thought they are only in diesels = diesel particulate filter (DPF)

Most modern petrol cars now come with GPF's, the g is for gasoline, which are just as troublesome as you'd imagine.

Here's my car which is not yet loud but at some stage will probably end up with a glorified straight pipe. I miss the ear ache.
    IMG-20210314-182742-01-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Said goodbye to the Mazda after 6 years yesterday and picked up this beauty instead.

I am very intimidated by it. Not gonna lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Nice, love that colour. What model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

520d according to the reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

traded in mazda 6 last week lovely car for 191 honda civic. love it. our other car is a civic 2.2 2009. lol its all epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Nice, love that colour. What model is it?

BMW 5 series

:pac:

Advertisement