Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Those F Sport wheels get pretty scabby based on the ones I looked at a few years ago. I think they look better in gloss black than standard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

What are those IS300h like? I like the idea of one, well specced, cheap to run (surely?), comfortable and a nice alternative to a A4/3 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What are those IS300h like? I like the idea of one, well specced, cheap to run (surely?), comfortable and a nice alternative to a A4/3 series.

Mate of mine has one around 4 years now, they are actually cheap to run, servicing from main dealer is a bit pricey (on par with all premium brands really, plus you get the hybrid warranty with the service) but he’s had no nasty shocks with his like you might have on an equivalent diesel.
    They can wear tyres a bit on the edges so choice of tyre is important.
    They’re comfy enough but quite low slung, they’re not as spacious as an A4 or as comfortable, they’re more e90 3 series size, but are a little bit bigger than the older IS (220d/250 as opposed to 200)
    There’s some nice tech on them, some specs are nice, some aren’t.
    The CVT gearbox isn’t a real issue, everybody mentions it, but you get used to it.
    Performance is about the same as a 160bhp diesel.

I’m not sure id enjoy owning one as it’s not that practical and the seats aren’t supportive enough for me - but if I was a fella looking at small premium saloons and wanted something different and not diesel it would be well up there.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Mate of mine has one around 4 years now, they are actually cheap to run, servicing from main dealer is a bit pricey (on par with all premium brands really, plus you get the hybrid warranty with the service) but he’s had no nasty shocks with his like you might have on an equivalent diesel.
    They can wear tyres a bit on the edges so choice of tyre is important.
    They’re comfy enough but quite low slung, they’re not as spacious as an A4 or as comfortable, they’re more e90 3 series size, but are a little bit bigger than the older IS (220d/250 as opposed to 200)
    There’s some nice tech on them, some specs are nice, some aren’t.
    The CVT gearbox isn’t a real issue, everybody mentions it, but you get used to it.
    Performance is about the same as a 160bhp diesel.

I’m not sure id enjoy owning one as it’s not that practical and the seats aren’t supportive enough for me - but if I was a fella looking at small premium saloons and wanted something different and not diesel it would be well up there.

I have visions of hot hatches and the like when I come home to Ireland next year but her indoors doesn't share the same idea. One of these might be a sensible alternative. If I can't have something silly, something comfy and slightly different appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If you want something silly, don't let her or her indoors talk you out of it.

Make sure to bring your balls back with you :pac:

• Advertisement

My Dad has one 2 years now, he loves it. Lexus servicing is a rip off, €150 ish more than Toyota charge for a new hybrid Camry service so it's literally a rip off if you want to maintain the hybrid warranty.

There's something so very nice about them to drive IMO, sort of a Celica of the 90s feel to the low seating position etc and they are light on petrol. I'd recommend them without hesitation tbh, great cars. Bulletproof feel to them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

IMG-20210329-131048-edit-267418686603464.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I drive an LS daily, so I wanted to get the missus into a Lexus of some sorts as well. Suits her well, buggy and baby bag and the shopping fits in the boot and two car seats in the back with plenty of space left in the middle. We've had it a month so far, and it's cheap enough to run. €75 ish fills it, and from the first two tanks we've seen 750-800km from each. I take it to work when I'm on earlies because the LS is too loud to start in the garden and it's a much different experience of course. It's tight and nimble, but still comfortable and usable. The gearbox is fine for your normal spins to the shops and whatever, but it can sort of grate on a long spin, although it's not by any means bad! We had to send it back to the dealer for some warranty work, got 4 new door locks and petrol flap switch as well, but other than that it's on the button!

If you want something silly, don't let her or her indoors talk you out of it.

Make sure to bring your balls back with you :pac:

Ouch! She has ammo, as you know, MM! The silly 5.7 V8 I insisted on here has been troublesome to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I drive an LS daily, so I wanted to get the missus into a Lexus of some sorts as well. Suits her well, buggy and baby bag and the shopping fits in the boot and two car seats in the back with plenty of space left in the middle. We've had it a month so far, and it's cheap enough to run. €75 ish fills it, and from the first two tanks we've seen 750-800km from each. I take it to work when I'm on earlies because the LS is too loud to start in the garden and it's a much different experience of course. It's tight and nimble, but still comfortable and usable. The gearbox is fine for your normal spins to the shops and whatever, but it can sort of grate on a long spin, although it's not by any means bad! We had to send it back to the dealer for some warranty work, got 4 new door locks and petrol flap switch as well, but other than that it's on the button!

and don't forget the most important feature the 'ASC' button to make it sound like a formula 1 car. :pac: - an absolutely baffling feature, but I guess people really don't like the CVT and wanted a 'race car' simulator built in!!

Adding to your feedback based on my expert 4/5 days of experience..- coming from the smaller ct200h, I wanted to switch to something bigger and thought I'd go down a different route and avoid the German stuff. The boot is bigger than I expected, electric & cooled seats are a treat and can't beat the reliability.

Downsides, Lexus dealer = $$$ but unavoidable for the Hybrid Health Check...
    & the infotainment system feels like something off the back of the seats on an old 747 (but it works).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwsBV2EgJ-E

• Advertisement

Ouch! She has ammo, as you know, MM!

They're only blanks lad.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Not technically mine, my brother's Alfa Giulia veloce.
    He needed my car yesterday so let me have his for a couple of days.
    It handles like its on rails.

OSI wrote: »
    Best looking car in it's class.

I'd agree. Its actually really nice inside too, Alfa have upped their game there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Alfa have always had really nice or at least different interiors. They seem to be at least just as reliable as the rest of the class now too.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Alfa have always had really nice or at least different interiors. They seem to be at least just as reliable as the rest of the class now too.

Hes had them before so he's no excuses if this one breaks his heart :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

But probably the only manufacturer with a pathetic line up for the customer, And I say that an Alfa fan.

bear1 wrote: »
    But probably the only manufacturer with a pathetic line up for the customer, And I say that an Alfa fan.

I don't understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Less is more imo.

Look at what BMW are at....

CianRyan wrote: »
    I don't understand?

Their line up isn't what it used to be.
    Giulia, Stelvio and i think the Giulietta still?

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Less is more imo.

Look at what BMW are at....

But which of the two is more successful?
    Alfa and I'd add fiat to that also have terrible marketing, in Ireland at least, they just don't even try to get people in.

• Advertisement

bear1 wrote: »
    But which of the two is more successful?
    Alfa and I'd add fiat to that also have terrible marketing, in Ireland at least, they just don't even try to get people in.

When I'm buying a car the success of the manufacturer or the quality of their marketing isnt a factor in my decision.

MOD: Let's leave that argument there folks, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Recent purchase. A Quick wash while the sun shines - I'm really ejoying the longer evenings already.

IMG-7914.jpg

IMG-7910.jpg

IMG-6040.jpg

EDIT: Centre caps WILL be replaced. Not my cuppa.

Well wear but please replace those centre caps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just collected her this morning. I'm going to miss my A6 :(

But, she's sooo, sooo pretty!!! :D:D

IMG-20210402-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20210402-WA0002.jpg

2012 UK import A7 (3.0 TDI Quattro - 245 BHP)

Only 120k km (and verified history) and more toys than even my LeMans spec A6 had! :)

Now to spend the weekend playing with the many many options!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Well wear, that’s a cracking looking bus.

One of the best things about buying my own house is having the space and access of all of my cleaning supplies.
    Haven't played with my snow foam lance in years.

IMG-20210402-WA0002.jpg
    ismail image

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You'd know we were all coming out of lockdown with these new cars :D

Well wear lads

Cian, fully agree!

Also another thing I find great about having my own house is that I can leave things wherever I want. My kitchen is full of car and detailing stuff. No one bothering me about it or nosing at it since I live alone too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

At the risk of repeating myself....

IMG-20210403-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210403-WA0003.jpg

She's soooo pretty!! :D:D

Of course my OCD won't let that A7 badge stay where it is. It'll be (re)moved ASAP

Or should I debadge her?

Advertisement