Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Smashing colour Dastardly, how are you enjoying it ?

Social isolation parking, takes a pandemic to finally get the parking spot I've lusted over :D

parking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

tossy wrote: »
    Smashing colour Dastardly, how are you enjoying it ?

Thanks tossy. I have it just over a year now and 23k km on the clock. I could never have dreamed how much I would enjoy driving it, it is an absolute pleasure and so much fun. Worth every cent so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

From a recent trip to Achill, before the COvid madness

82819433_10158497722484528_8985472265026011136_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_oc=AQn9_7UGWMQ0cTv6yilZF3aFsM0rU81A4HW9BFjndq2O2gVODoEA-y_GbkLfg-ZhsF4&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=8df2e8c912b8d9392d4cff10a5e92a8d&oe=5E9DDD09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

seDmV3m.jpg

All ready for the summer, but with no events or road trips to go on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I was only supposed to have this for a couple of days - just over 4 weeks with it now

506711.jpg

Was washed last week so got a picture while it was clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I confused the white 3 series beemer with 5 series.
    Lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Wailin wrote: »
    What's your verdict on the G20 R.O.R. after spending some time with it?

It's a lovely car. Very comfortable, has all the tech you need and great to drive.

This is a 20i Sport model and the one thing I don't like is the fuel consumption. Was at 8.6l/100km when I got it. Now down to 8.1l/100km but still way higher than the 20d version would be (even the X1 xDrive 20d I had before this) on my commute. PITA not knowing how much longer I'll be in it, so I'm stopping every other day to put €20 of go go juice in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If it helps at all, I'm doing 11.5l/100km in my 1.6 swift with quite a lot less power. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

CianRyan wrote: »
    If it helps at all, I'm doing 11.5l/100km in my 1.6 swift with quite a lot less power. :pac:

Do you drive it like you stole it?

Do you drive it like you stole it?

I drive it like my RX8, more than a few visits to the red zone. :cool:

• Advertisement

While I'm at it, here's a picture from before the world went to hell.

49692016071-36fa81431e-c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have her a little TLC yesterday evening, de-tar, clay wash and wax. Some amount of crap on the clay afterwards.

41-FB21-AA-DF9-E-4-D98-98-ED-FED4-BB741388.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Project-19 is coming along well. Picking it up at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

507056.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Pops_20

New toy for the weekends. R32 GTS-t.

RdQkAHM.jpg?3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

All cleaned up and nowhere to go

92ddef2b63a967205878c25fd6e3d1a3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

With 4 weeks of being stuck indoors, I can barely touch my car with the amount of dust all of over it.
    It's the most economical it has ever been though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Pops_20 wrote: »
    New toy for the weekends. R32 GTS-t.

Looks savage. Fresh in from Japan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Bloody lovely Dar! Any more pictures?

Interslice wrote: »
    Looks savage. Fresh in from Japan?

Nope! It was imported in 2016. I'm the third owner. First owner here did a lot of work to get it looking and running how it is. Link ECU, bigger turbo, injectors etc :)

• Advertisement

Still running an RB20?
    For some reason it's my favourite RB engine, they work so hard to keep up.

Still running an RB20?
    For some reason it's my favourite RB engine, they work so hard to keep up.

Yeah original RB20 still in the car. It made 330hp with the current setup. They tend to be fairly strong engines.

Yeah original RB20 still in the car. It made 330hp with the current setup. They tend to be fairly strong engines.

I mean who actually needs more than that? They hardly stay in a straight line with that much as is!

Class, man. I'm well jealous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I mean who actually needs more than that? They hardly stay in a straight line with that much as is!
    Aye C, having driven one I found if you drop the hammer you hang on more than you steer. :D
    Class, man. I'm well jealous.
    Ditto, nice car.

I'm also loving L's Beat. They're enormous craic to drive. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Lovely weather for it.

https://i.imgur.com/h5dihV0.jpg

Nice car.

Is that a standard sizes parking space? The car looks to be half the width of it!

I'm yet to drive a beat, seeing as I have a fondness for tiny Japanese sith boxes I'm sure I'd love it.
    It looks fantastic!

Wibbs wrote: »
    Aye C, having driven one I found if you drop the hammer you hang on more than you steer. :D

It depends on the weather conditions, and how the car is set up. :P

In the wet, you will spin the wheels in 1st, 2nd and 3rd if you put the boot down.

In the dry, not a bother. But proper tyres are essential.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm yet to drive a beat, seeing as I have a fondness for tiny Japanese sith boxes I'm sure I'd love it.
    It looks fantastic!
    They really are great craic C, with the advantage that you can cane them all day and they won't break, cos 90's Japanese car, and much less chance of having your collar felt by the Gardai while doing so. Plus you can't help but smile at them. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

It's a Beat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Nope! It was imported in 2016. I'm the third owner. First owner here did a lot of work to get it looking and running how it is. Link ECU, bigger turbo, injectors etc :)

Tastefully done! I think its by far and away the best looking skyline. Well wear

Advertisement