Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Your point was to make a general sweeping condescending comment towards the under 30's , remember they will be the ones you'll be relying on to pay your pension. As for my son's , your belief in what I say is of no importance to me.

I didn't mean to offend, but I know from experience that the herd mentality of that age group that often doesn't translate into votes much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Zetor19 wrote: »
    Fine Gael are the tans , have you been under a rock .

You heard a sound bite and ran with it, but you need to understand your history.

It's highly ironic that if many boards users of a certain leaning were around a couple of decades ago they'd be all over FG.

You catch on fairly fast!

You telling me I'm SLOW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

Have actually never voted for Sinn Fein before but 100% will be on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It is simply not possible to compare the two systems - or sets of figures - because of the significant differences in approach, methodology and criteria.

This maybe true but Leo was up on the figures. He knew his stuff and was prepared. Mary Lou on the the other-hand... If it was job interview you would not trust her to make the tea.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

The 2 westbrit party’s and rte ranting on about 1 incident and the country been overrun by drugs and robbery’s and murders, and the tans closing down gaurd stations and not one question to them by rte about it.

I think you are easily the most ignorant person on this thread. Just because someone doesn't share your views does not make them west brits or tans.

blackcard wrote: »
    I think you are easily the most ignorant person on this thread. Just because someone doesn't share your views does not make them west brits or tans.

Don't tell him about the blue shirts, he'll be FGs biggest fan if he knew.

I bet you never had 41 posts before today either. But at least you are voting I hope you are registered. In case you do not know the rules it is a number not an x in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

You telling me I'm SLOW :pac:

No but it does begin with an S.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

The dinasours on here are in for a surprise so. Young people’s attention span these days are about 5 minutes it only takes 1 minute to vote. Last nights butcher job by rte is long forgotten already by the under 30s. Roll on Saturday.

And that 5 minute attention span means very few of them will vote.

By Saturday they’ll have forgotten there’s an election.

• Advertisement

Who's the SF candidate in your constituency?

Who's the SF candidate in your constituency?

I have a feeling he/she does not know which constituency they are in!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

P o neill.

I have a feeling he/she does not know which constituency they are in!

Currently calling out "Mom,what's a constituency?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Is leo the worst leader the tans ever had?
    Calhoun, did anyone have a go at tanagan about the Black and Tans ?
    Are the west brits of the country going to drag up **** that nobody cares about again
    Tans/fine fail be upset if a homeless person got attacked.
    The 2 westbrit party’s and rte ranting on about 1 incident and the country been overrun by drugs and robbery’s and murders, and the tans closing down gaurd stations and not one question to them by rte about it.
    Fine Gael are the tans , have you been under a rock .

Did you learn a couple of new words recently?

Solid FG voter up to now no doubt.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a match made in heaven.

Did you learn a couple of new words recently?

He just got the orders in from SF HQ on what today's phrase is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It is a lot closer than 20 years ago..... also if they watch love island it is likely the majority of that cohort would not be voting anyway?

Desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Why?

What policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

SF still playing the victim card?

We aren't allowed on the debate wahh wahh.

We were allowed on the debate wahh wahh.

My 4 year old has more self awareness around consequences than these clowns.

Always the victim, never their fault.

No but it does begin with an S.

Go on be real and say it out. I couldn't give a flying F. anyway.

But so far the thread has been relatively civilised thankfully. Don't know how long that will last though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SF still playing the victim card?

We aren't allowed on the debate wahh wahh.

We were allowed on the debate wahh wahh.

My 4 year old has more self awareness around consequences than these clowns.

Always the victim, never their fault.

The decision by RTE was shown clearly to be wrong, because they caved in. More than SF complained about it.

Who has wahh wahhed 'about being allowed on it'? I think Michael Martin whinged about it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The tonight show in wicklow....Simon Harris didn't make it...they are keeping him well hidden

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

gmisk wrote: »
    Any need for that?
    Not sure what relevance that has when it comes to an election
    If anyone pointed out for example, the gigantic ears and nose of Leo are going to keep growing as he gets older, they would probably be shouted down.

Lose the sepia-tinted specs. You want to embrace the futility of an era not one of us can change, try inventing a time machine. Some of us are rooted in the 21st century, and react accordingly to recent incompetence at the ballox box.

I figure this is aimed at those harping on about the tans and you just misquoted me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's actually a video going around of Leo at the gym this morning and people were giving out that he was there.

The decision by RTE was shown clearly to be wrong, because they caved in. More than SF complained about it.

Who has wahh wahhed 'about being allowed on it'? I think Michael Martin whinged about it alright.

MLMD has had the best publicity ever by making a tit of herself regarding the nefarious activities of SF.

Very glad she appeared on the debate. It is not that she was not a decent debater, it was more that she had to toe the party line regarding SCC, murders and so on. That's what got me. The rest of her debating was ok up to that.

But the Army Council had an earpiece in her ear anyway.

Suckit wrote: »
    If anyone pointed out the similarity between MM and Golum, or pointed out the gigantic ears and nose of Leo are going to keep growing as he gets older, they would probably be shouted down.

That's true I suppose BTW did you see the head of Gerry lately. He's like something out of Harry Potter!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

There's actually a video going around of Leo at the gym this morning and people were giving out that he was there.
    Is it not illegal to video someone in a gym?! If not it should be.
    Why would they be giving out?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

gmisk wrote: »
    Is it not illegal to video someone in a gym?! If not it should be.
    Why would they be giving out?

I think it was an Instagram video.
    I'm not fully sure about the legalities of it.

He should be running the country and not at the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I think it was an Instagram video.
    I'm not fully sure about the legalities of it.

He should be running the country and not at the gym.

Ah jaysus.

Advertisement