Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Mary Lou got a right grilling live on air this morning by Pat Kenny of all people, and predictably he quizzed her about the Conor Murphy affair + other IRA activity + Sinn Fein's poor record in the Norther Assembly (which they pulled down for three years), but leaving all the Provo stuff aside, she was really outed as a lightweight on economics, trying to defend her proposed tax rate, which sounds ludicrous.

She did try to waffle and to duck & dive, but she wasn't let off the hook, and I can honestly say, Provo murders aside, Sinn Fein are not ready to be the government of this State.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Mary Lou got a right grilling live on air this morning by Pat Kenny of all people, and predictably he quizzed her about the Paul Murphy affair + other IRA activity + Sinn Fein's poor record in the Norther Assembly (which they pulled down for three years), but leaving all the Provo stuff aside, she was really outed as a lightweight on economics, trying to defend her proposed tax rate, which sounds ludicrous.

She did try to waffle and to duck & dive, but she wasn't let off the hook, and I can honestly say, Provo murders aside, Sinn Fein are not ready to be the government of this State.

the only thing of substance you said there was the tax rate sounded ludicrous. Ask Blanch152 about stormont. he/she will tell you how its completely a different set up than here (and blanch152 is correct on that)

Maybe you and blanch need to compare notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

tobsey wrote: »
    The government did change the rules: https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/building-height-restrictions-in-towns-and-cities-lifted-37604346.html

The councils in Dublin just didn't apply them, except for a couple of cases in the docklands.

Here we are in 2020. Dcc attempting to block residential development in the high court, that abp approved !!! Welcome to Ireland. And for anyone that think eoghan Murphy is the prime target for housing failure, let me introduce you to dcc lads!

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2020/0205/1113383-sheriff-street-development/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Mary Lou got a right grilling live on air this morning by Pat Kenny of all people, and predictably he quizzed her about the Paul Murphy affair + other IRA activity + Sinn Fein's poor record in the Norther Assembly (which they pulled down for three years), but leaving all the Provo stuff aside, she was really outed as a lightweight on economics, trying to defend her proposed tax rate, which sounds ludicrous.

They are only running 42 candidates so it's fairly obvious they will not be governing the state anytime soon.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Here we are in 2020. Dcc attempting to block residential development in the high court, that abp approved !!! Welcome to Ireland. And for anyone that think eoghsn Murphy is the prime target for housing failure, let me introduce you to dcc lads!

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2020/0205/1113383-sheriff-street-development/

The DCC lads are objecting because of the SDZ, which to be changed has to be opened to public consultation. Seems the DCC lads are doing their job . I assumed you read the link you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

So much respect for a murdered victim, you don't even know his name:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The dogs on the street knew she was lightweight. She only got the leaders job because she was willing to do what she is ordered to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭optogirl

votecounts wrote: »

for a nanosecond there I thought he was implying that MLMCD & Paul Murphy had an affair :o

Connor Murphy is the finance minister, Paul Quinn was the murdered young man. At least show the victim some respect by getting his name right. Jesus.
    Pathetic point scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SF weren't at 25% three weeks ago. The media and those on here claiming to be outraged at Paul Quinn's murder won't give a flying f**k after the polls close on Saturday.

Sadly, if you look at these hypocrites track records on other victim exploitation controversies, that is blatantly obvious and correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

Sadly, if you look at these hypocrites track records on other victim exploitation controversies, that is blatantly obvious and correct.

In the eyes of SF it seems that raising the concerns of victims is much worse than creating victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

quokula wrote: »
    In the eyes of SF it seems that raising the concerns of victims is much worse than creating victims.

If FF or FG were seriously interested in victims they would have done something to address the plight of ALL victims.

Can you point to anything they have done in the years since the GFA to address this?

Remember they are the very ones vested with the power to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

By the time the next election comes around I fully expect Miriam, Sean o R, plank Kenny and tubs etc etc to be manning the polling booths and helping out with the “counting”.

The DCC lads are objecting because of the SDZ, which to be changed has to be opened to public consultation. Seems the DCC lads are doing their job . I assumed you read the link you posted.

I did, the SDZ is madness, massively capping nonsensical heights! So you think they should apply the law, that is insane? and a massive part of this crisis?

I am voting SF, FG are leading this change, I voted for them previously. You can expect the working masses to be robbed on property, given as good as no tax cuts and what? wait another nine years? LOL!

One new party to the centre right and the SF surge and this near century FFG farce, could come crashing down! I pray to god it does!

I say centre right as a lazy generalisation. I mean a party that will actually reward workers, you already have every other base here covered. It would actually give people a choice and stop some of the delusionment!

I did, the SDZ is madness, massively capping nonsensical heights! So you think they should apply the law, that is insane? and a massive part of this crisis?

Of course they should apply the law, what are you proposing a wild west of build whatever the f**k you like?

Of course they should apply the law, what are you proposing a wild west of build whatever the f**k you like?

you think DCC creating much of this crisis is acceptable? do you think 6-7 floor buildings and ridiculous height caps imposed by DCC in the docklands is acceptable?

I am voting SF, FG are leading this change, I voted for them previously. You can expect the working masses to be robbed on property, given as good as no tax cuts and what? wait another nine years? LOL!

One new party to the centre right and the SF surge and this near century FFG farce, could come crashing down! I pray to god it does!

I say centre right as a lazy generalisation. I mean a party that will actually reward workers, you already have every other base here covered. It would actually give people a choice and stop some of the delusionment!

Seriously lad, I doubt if anyone cares how you are voting . Early this week you were converted back to voting for FG now it's to SF. I know it's an anonymous forum but surely you would like to have some credibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Dude, you’ve changed your mind on who you are voting for about 7000 times in the last year. Nobody cares at this stage.

you think DCC creating much of this crisis is acceptable? do you think 6-7 floor buildings and ridiculous height caps imposed by DCC in the docklands is acceptable?

The link you supplied outlined their position, they are keeping within the agreed SDZ. It can be changed once it has undergone public consultation. Typical of the Irish attitude we make up rules and then decide f**k it we don't like them let's ignore them.

• Advertisement

The link you supplied outlined their position, they are keeping within the agreed SDZ. It can be changed once it has undergone public consultation. Typical of the Irish attitude we make up rules and then decide f**k it we don't like them let's ignore them.

public consultation LOL? here is how it will go, local residents living in there single story cottages "no 5 floor high rise" here... But yes, wonder why we have a housing crisis! LOL! lets throw in several public consulations, with the local experts, cant wait to be discussing the exact same issues the next election... When SF will likely be able to win the most seats... i mean, lets hope FFG get to grips with this, but they wont, because of paralysis, endless public consultations and waffling...

Dude, you’ve changed your mind on who you are voting for about 7000 times in the last year. Nobody cares at this stage.

that is due to the fact that I dont think there is a clear cut answer to this farce. But if you wonder why FG voters are deflecting, well I am one of them and you have my reasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

those height limits have been exceeded multiple times in the Docklands

Some **** on this thread about SF, I have been a SF supporter since the early 80s. and would never vote for any of the thugs that are FG or FF.

Since the early 80s right, ballot box in one hand, armalite in the other, which that means you would have supported Provisional IRA bombings, murders etc, right :mad:

Nothing to be proud of, that's for sure.

At least the young folk nowadays are voting for SF because they are mostly ignorant or indifferent to what went on before, but you have no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Early 80s, ballot box in one hand, armalite in the other!

that was mid 80s.

maccored wrote: »
    that was mid 80s.

82, 83, 84...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

that is due to the fact that I dont think there is a clear cut answer to this farce. But if you wonder why FG voters are deflecting, well I am one of them and you have my reasons...
    I thought it was the Greens earlier in the week?

votecounts wrote: »

I said Paul Murphy instead of Conor Murphy (who I was referring to), you sound like a Sinn Fein supporter, are you?

It's what you call a 'typo' which is hardly a crime.

is_that_so wrote: »
    I thought it was the Greens earlier in the week?

yeah I dont mention them though, as they arent the ones arousing the controversy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

yeah I dont mention them though, as they arent the ones arousing the controversy....

Are you even registered to vote? 🤔

Advertisement