Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,836 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dublin City must be the lowest policed capital city in the EU, very little visible policing whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That's not a bad idea actually.

Something to be said for the US chain gang idea. Make them do something useful.

Warden Norton's racket in The Shawshank Redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Leo has a point there alright. The Gardai need to be out on the streets (and doing more than easy tax and speed checks)

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They don’t give a Shyte about law and order.
    It’s votes and pensions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Vivienne23 wrote: »
    I can’t understand why people think they are entitled to a government funded house ! If you can’t afford where you live , move , buy a doer upper and make it work if you won’t get a job or contribute to society stay at home with the mother

And if you can’t feed them don’t breed them

Entitlement has the country ruined

Any chance u could go for a td or even a minister, like the way ur thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dublin City must be the lowest policed capital city in the EU, very little visible policing whatsoever.
    There were tonnes at the farming protest believe me so there are plenty when needed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

"Have you developed that idea any further?"

RBB burned badly by Claire there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Did any of them meet a man with 2 pints yet?

Its 2 lines of Coke these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭JC01

Not at home so can’t watch this on tv, I’ve now tried my laptop, phone browser and the app to watch this on rte player. Surprise surprise none of them work.

Shame there’s not a hope in hell any licence fee questions will be put to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

What is this bull**** about more Gardai and crime. They need more prison spaces , that’s what’s needed. What fear is there , when you can’t be locked up for anything but the most serious offence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

"I just want to be able to get high and not have shades around"
    -RBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

mzungu wrote: »
    "Have you developed that idea any further?"

RBB burned badly by Claire there.

Turns out he hasn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭CPTM

Leo has a point there alright. The Gardai need to be out on the streets (and doing more than easy tax and speed checks)

Brave point to make without being challenged on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Claire just buried rbb! He has plen support in the audience

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

That's not a bad idea actually.

Something to be said for the US chain gang idea. Make them do something useful.

Cool Hand Anto.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What's the Irish obsession with post offices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Berserker_5

We have higher per capita police numbers than the UK

But less concentrated in capital city compared to London

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Was anyone in this debate in Drogheda this week? :pac: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Fitzgibbon St being closed is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Bikes and bicycles for the Garda!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

They don’t give a Shyte about law and order.
    It’s votes and pensions.
    Yeah these debates are comedy. Non of them prepared to do anything different. They’ll be talking the same ****e if i make it to my old age and I’m timid thirties now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I can’t understand why people think they are entitled to a government funded house ! If you can’t afford where you live , move , buy a doer upper and make it work if you won’t get a job or contribute to society stay at home with the mother

This!
    I worked since I was 15 I think, saved for years to buy my house (33) it was a kip with single glazing windows and a hole in roof, get off your hole and work there is feck all excuses plenty of jobs in Ireland atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

easypazz wrote: »
    Its 2 lines of Coke these days.

Well if the plain people of Kerry, cant go and see their dealer, do a few lines of coke, and drive the tractor home, then its the total end of a whole way of life that has been there for generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

More Garda skateboards I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Berserker_5

Howlin is the spit off Louis walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Well said

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 82,836 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

We have higher per capita police numbers than the UK

But less concentrated in capital city compared to London

Which was what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

We can't keep the criminals we do convict in our overcrowded prisons so more guards isn't going to help too much..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Mary Lou and her high walls and electric gates is safe enough, even in Cabra.

• Advertisement

Lol, Eamomn Ryan really lives up to the Green name. His policy is "the grass is greener over there", eg look at Vienna, look at Portugal. It's still better than People Before Profit I suppose.

Nothing wrong with taking ideas from successful policies implemented in other countries.

Advertisement