Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

I don't think it would matter a damn to be honest.

How many jurors did the IRA kill/intimidate?

And what about the other bit...'How can other countries manage just the same as us without a special court?'

No idea, doesn't matter, why give organised crime groups the option.

If your willimg to blow up a shopping centre or a forensic scientist your more than capable of getting at a jury.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

How will rte/Miriam/Jim o Callahan turn tonight’s debate into a sf bash?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jh79 wrote: »
    No idea, doesn't matter, why give organised crime groups the option.

'Ah shure it's grand' is basically your position so.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

Only 9 minutes of digs at sf tonight on the main news. Presume more to come yet. It’s amazing that rte are all over anything north of the border this week but when our fellow Catholics in the north were been burnt out of their homes rte fg and ff were disgusting cowards .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    If she went to Sinn Fein, those young kids messing around would end up like Paul Quinn

You accusing SF of killing Paul Quinn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,045 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shortall for the SDs - better than Murphy
    Coppinger for the S/PBP/RISE - could be a disaster. Should have sent RBB again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

L1011 wrote: »

Was she i am surprised, shorthall was shocking the last time she was on TV.

Coppinger looks like she is constantly chewing a wasp, one of the ones im hoping doesn't retain her seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve just turned this debate on and I’ve heard peadar Tobin and eamonn Ryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

L1011 wrote: »

Big fan of Shortall.

Miriam went very Dublin there when taking about a bus.

Oh god did I see Ruth Coppinger on the end ?

• Advertisement

Big fan of Shortall.

I can’t understand how the SD haven’t caught on more. They’d surely be a happy landing site for voters who aren’t drawn to the other parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Broadband seems to be forgotten as an election issue

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yea OK Eamon. Definitely gonna trust you on the impact to motorists of your tax plans this time :rolleyes:

And from that we have a rant about the global multinationals..

This is the B squad tonight is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The greens will take us back to the horse and cart

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

This is the B squad tonight is it?

Pretty much, second in commands and the likes. Has good potential for some unintended fun though given the lineup.

The agriculture sector is a problem according to Ruth. That’ll get the votes out in areas where her party are in rural areas. Honestly how is one politician this downbeat all the time ? She never seems to see any good.

Dr. Bre wrote: »

The greens only plan is to tax everyone for having no choice but to drive or no money to buy a new/newer car.

Why these muppets are in contention to be a partner is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Hopefully Coppingers last TV appearance, sick looking at her for the past 5 years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I can’t understand how the SD haven’t caught on more. They’d surely be a happy landing site for voters who aren’t drawn to the other parties.

They haven't caught on because they aren't running enough candidates. They would be in with a good shout if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

Dr. Bre wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnvRmj7G3XE

• Advertisement

Calhoun wrote: »
    Was she i am surprised, shorthall was shocking the last time she was on TV.

Coppinger looks like she is constantly chewing a wasp, one of the ones im hoping doesn't retain her seat.

Shortall was not great on the first 7 way debate

Murphy was absolutely terrible on the second. So in comparison...

Toibin is very capable of holding himself on these debates but he will be incredibly hard pushed to get 2% once people see some of the loolaas that have attached themselves to the party in the hope of making it a right wing Christian one (as opposed to a centre left Christian one!)

This format might help Brendan howlin and roisin shorthall as they aren’t trying to compete with the “big three.” I like howlin but he’s in a party that is in a spin cycle.

Shortall is from the northside. Where, precisely, did she get that accent?

The agriculture sector is a problem according to Ruth. That’ll get the votes out in areas where her party are in rural areas. Honestly how is one politician this downbeat all the time ? She never seems to see any good.

They don't even canvass areas that aren't her hard-core support base.

mzungu wrote: »
    They haven't caught on because they aren't running enough candidates. They would be in with a good shout if they did.

Well they need to get more than two TDs and then they’d build on that.

They don't generally even run candidates in rural areas.
    Well they need to get more than two TDs and then they’d build on that.

3 is plausible, 4 is possible, 5 on a stunning day for them. All much younger than the current two.

Hurrache wrote: »
    They don't even canvass areas that aren't her hard-core support base.

Well her hard core support base has worked before.

mgn wrote: »
    Hopefully Coppingers last TV appearance, sick looking at her for the past 5 years.

God love the school kids if she loses her seat.

Climate change seems to be the only issue is it?

Come back to me when China and the USA start making reforms. Prostrating ourselves through taxation and personal sacrifice won't change a single thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Far too meek in leadership I reckon is what is holding them back.

They don't run a candidate here but I would certainly give them a vote if they did.

Howlin having a mare.

Advertisement