Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I can’t understand how the SD haven’t caught on more. They’d surely be a happy landing site for voters who aren’t drawn to the other parties.

I think they lost a lot of momentum early due to Donnelly's selling out.
    I always thought they'd do better. I think the tide is turning and anyone not wanting to go too left as you say could/should go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

L1011 wrote: »
    They don't generally even run candidates in rural areas.

They have candidates in cork north and south central which are both urban and rural areas.

I think they lost a lot of steam early due to Donnelly's selling out.
    I always thought they'd do better. I think the tide is turning and anyone not wanting to go too left as you say could/should go there.

That Donnelly moving around may hurt him with the FF vote in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Well her hard core support base has worked before.

Nah, they're all on the scratcher with their free gaffs.

[joke in case the perpetually offended are stalking for offence.]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Climate change seems to be the only issue is it?

Come back to me when China and the USA start making reforms. Prostrating ourselves through taxation and personal sacrifice won't change a single thing.

You got to start somewhere, though.

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »

So is the tide going out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Ryan still claims his full travel allowance as a TD, so much for cycling to work, like the rest of them, great at telling everyone else what to do, but don't include themselves.

Multi nationals by Ruth.

These multi nationals will be on the next plane home to their country of origin Ruth if you were in power.

So is the tide going out ?

How do you mean, is she losing support?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So far most of this is reminding me of this.. (16-23 seconds)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Ruth all at sea. And hopefully sinking

Was that a laugh from Ruth ? I’ll note it in the spreadsheet.

I'm pissing myself laughing at Ruth :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

RC a bit unsure of that nationalisation idea when asked for more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Shortall was not great on the first 7 way debate

Murphy was absolutely terrible on the second. So in comparison...

Toibin is very capable of holding himself on these debates but he will be incredibly hard pushed to get 2% once people see some of the loolaas that have attached themselves to the party in the hope of making it a right wing Christian one (as opposed to a centre left Christian one!)

Honestly i am surprised, Murphy from what i have seen in the past has always come across as very articulate and strong politician. I didn't see her second debate i just assumed she would be better.

I know one of the local candidates Toibin has gone with and very new to the political world and they have very little life experience. Its kinda like a shot in the dark. Funny thing is they are less repulsive than the likes of the Irish national party.

Look at this crap lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjkUziJJpKk&feature=youtu.be

Its so cringey and hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Multi nationals by Ruth.

These multi nationals will be on the next plane home to their country of origin Ruth if you were in power.

The 13 multinationals paid 9.7 billion in tax last year, 25% of the total tax intake.

Why is she allowed peddle this nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,045 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"we don't want to nationalise every chip shop"

I think the party policies do intend to in the long run, Ruth!

mgn wrote: »
    Ryan still claims his full travel allowance as a TD, so much for cycling to work, like the rest of them, great at telling everyone else what to do, but don't include themselves.

He doesn't just travel to and from government buildings as part of his job though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

mgn wrote: »
    Hopefully Coppingers last TV appearance, sick looking at her for the past 5 years.

Perhaps Ruth should move to China or Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

mzungu wrote: »
    You got to start somewhere, though.

Why don't the start first then.

• Advertisement

The 13 multinationals paid 9.7 billion in tax last year, 25% of the total tax intake.

Why is she allowed peddle this nonsense?

Sure if enough people like the music why change the record ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Toibin is very capable of holding himself on these debates but he will be incredibly hard pushed to get 2% once people see some of the loolaas that have attached themselves to the party in the hope of making it a right wing Christian one (as opposed to a centre left Christian one!)

Aontú remind me a lot of where Renua were 4 years ago. They tried their best to shake the image that they were simply a party for pro-lifers. Nobody was buying it though, least of all the nutters who were attracted to them and are now running it. No doubt that if Toibín were to lose his seat (unlikely) then something similar would happen to Aontú.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

mzungu wrote: »
    They haven't caught on because they aren't running enough candidates. They would be in with a good shout if they did.
    I don't think they would at all, it would be pointless running a tonne of candidates...realistically they will maybe get one new TD.
    Going nowhere fast I am afraid which is a pity.

Coppinger losing it, she hasn't said ordinary decent wurker yet.

Slainte Care isn’t going to happen about to deputy coppinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,045 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No doubt that if Toibín were to lose his seat (unlikely) then something similar would happen to Aontú.

Thats pretty much guaranteed if he's gone. It'd just be an all-island Renua with a few more councillors.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Honestly i am surprised, Murphy from what i have seen in the past has always come across as very articulate and strong politician. I didn't see her second debate i just assumed she would be better.

I know one of the local candidates Toibin has gone with and very new to the political world and they have very little life experience. Its kinda like a shot in the dark. Funny thing is they are less repulsive than the likes of the Irish national party.

Look at this crap lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjkUziJJpKk&feature=youtu.be

Its so cringey and hilarious.

Too many immigrants and then cut to Leo. Says all I need to know about that shower.

Coppinger losing it, she hasn't said ordinary decent wurker yet.

Drinking games are starting slow then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

More bored. The billionaires worried Leo will lose wha? I say billionaires... is this thing on...

• Advertisement

I’m sure eamonn Ryan is a nice and decent guy but I’m sorry he can’t keep saying the same thing as it’s losing it’s appeal.

Advertisement