Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options
1132133134135136138»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

As an outsider to the election, Coveney always seemed a bit more statesmanlike than Leo and comes across very well. I do think that the above was always the path for Leo and maybe he should relinquish now if he is not going to have another crack at the top job.

I'm no fan of Varadker (and I can give examples of why if required) but can you give an example of when he wasn't statesmanlike? Or why exactly Coveney is more statesmanlike? Honest questions.
    It's just that I hear this quite a lot about Coveney and I don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

The big 3 promised a s**t load of house building to be fair. Do you really think that everyone who voted for FF, FG and SF thought that they were seriously going to live up to their election promises in full?

As the two major issue of this election were Health and Housing as shown by that exit poll I think it is reasonable to say from the result that voters judged FG, FF and SF on them and went with what SF were promising.

Minor issue promises voters will allow for slippage on, but if you do not come through on the majors then they have a record of waiting for you in the long grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Did Timmy dooley get the booth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

C__MC wrote: »
    Did Timmy dooley get the booth?

Yep

Advertisement