Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

Byrne saying ''its all in the FG manifesto'' :rolleyes: Paper never refused ink Claire.

These bozos have absolutely destroyed this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

NIMAN wrote: »
    What's the Irish obsession with post offices.

If they mean so much , post offices and rural Garda Stations , surely they would have foregone one year of a fiver pension increase, which is probably more of a cost than whatever pittance these closures saved !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What I always love about this time of the electoral cycle is how they all suddenly hit upon the real problems and answers needed to solve them

Then they get elected and it's instantly (conveniently) forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

its not cool anymore to ask the government to keep your pub open.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Omg god be with Garrett Fitzgearld or Haughey bit of life and poor Garrett was very boring !
    But looking at this lot for future of our country is very dismal !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Which was what I said.

Exactly. What **** talk I’m hearing on this debate !

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Doesn’t matter what they say it’s about who talks the most.
    Hog the limelight and you are remembered by the viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

gmisk wrote: »
    This!
    I worked since I was 15 I think, saved for years to buy my house (33) it was a kip with single glazing windows and a hole in roof, get off your hole and work there is feck all excuses plenty of jobs in Ireland atm.
    They don't want to work. Benefits way too generous in this country. Have a kid, declare you're homeless, then wait it out in a comfy hotel until your forever home is ready.

Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Old people love going in them for an oul chat.
    There are far too many of them in Dublin imo

Lundstram wrote: »
    They don't want to work. Benefits way too generous in this country. Have a kid, declare you're homeless, then wait it out in a comfy hoel until your forever home is ready.

Sickening.

have two more future net detractors while youre in the hotel room to up your chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Failing over each other to spend money on de communidees

It's a black hole

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Lundstram wrote: »
    They don't want to work. Benefits way too generous in this country. Have a kid, declare you're homeless, then wait it out in a comfy hoel until your forever home is ready.

Sickening.

All backed by left wing media and parties.

Its a golden goose

We have higher per capita police numbers than the UK

But less concentrated in capital city compared to London

There's a balance to be struck.

Having cctv everywhere and unlimited surveillance of citizens by the police and intelligence agencies isn't where I'd like to go either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I'm voting for the party that promises a commercial break.
    I need some coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭CPTM

MM prolly the most skillful debater on stage.. He has too much of a mountain to climb though. Causing the recession and supporting this government since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Is there no one doing a fact check that can clarify points such as the cuts tongue drug task force? Someones wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Jesus should we just move everyone to Drogheda?! All the politicians seem to spend a tonne of time there!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Old people love going in them for an oul chat.
    There are far too many of them in Dublin imo
    I would often see the local post office, which is at the back of a shop, and I never see this magical social scene which everyone talks about.

People come in, chat to person behind counter for a while, leave.

Don't know how NOT having this ruins a community.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭This is it

CPTM wrote: »
    MM prolly the most skillful debater on stage.. He has too much of a mountain to climb though. Causing the recession and supporting this government since then.

Yep, spending the evening slating FG when he was the leader of the party supporting them. The power was in his hands if he had such issues with policies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Fitzgibbon St being closed is shocking.

It’s being renovated and Mary Lou knows that. There’s a van outside for the time being. Mountjoy and Store St 10 mins walk nearby

• Advertisement

Jesus should we just move everyone to Drogheda?! All the politicians seem to spend a tonne of time there!

and in an unrelated incident its become a massive cocaine supply hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So now we'll have falling over each other to cut taxes..

Public transport never gets a look in

So, half time...

- Leo is weak and very quiet
    - Haven't heard much from MM in the last few minutes either
    - Mary Lou is getting way too much airtime
    - Ryan wants to look at things in nice places and tax us for it
    - the rest.. Easy obvious statements. Not much deliverables

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

This!
    I worked since I was 15 I think, saved for years to buy my house (33) it was a kip with single glazing windows and a hole in roof, get off your hole and work there is feck all excuses plenty of jobs in Ireland atm.

Same bought a little 2 bed cottage 5 years ago worked my ass off to get a small mortgage and pay the builders to renovate with savings , I’ll have it paid for in another 5 before I’m 40 and job done , no help from anyone it can be done and it will do me just fine !

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Brendan Howlin might as well go home

Hes gona stand on Michael Ds shoulders after the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Claire Byrne is so hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

have two more future net detractors while youre in the hotel room to up your chances.

Let's cram a dole bashing thread in the middle of an election debate thread.

Maybe I should move back to Ireland and live on the dole, it's a great life according to the geniuses on here, must be true.

if our local post office was closed, elderly people in our parish would face having to arrange a lift 6 miles to post a letter. Now, whatever about keeping physical offices open, i think they need to come up with some form of solution where people can avail of basic and straightforward services without having to beg for lifts, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Who were the party around 2011 that had a white haired leader. I think they had a lot of colour on their flyers and posters. I think the leader was from Ashbourne (But don't know where I plucked that from).
    I haven't a great memory at best, but they are sticking out a lot for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    So, half time...

- Leo is weak and very quiet
    - Haven't heard much from MM in the last few minutes either
    - Mary Lou is getting way too much airtime
    - Ryan wants to look at things in nice places and tax us for it
    - the rest.. Easy obvious statements. Not much deliverables

Think Leo is doing ok. He's not trying to dominate but is making some good points and driving home his belief that they are best placed to manage the economy. He's also taken the piss out of himself a couple of times.

Advertisement