Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭This is it

LV, MM, MLM in that order so far for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

golfball37 wrote: »
    Yes and he’s still better than Martin imo.

He is in his brown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

They should have been locked up when they protested on the M50.

Or maybe shoot them like the Black and Tans did in Croke park ! Mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

tototoe wrote: »
    Ps how small is howlin..
    Roughly somewhere between a rabbit from the Sylvanian family and a Bratz doll is my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

you cant increase carbon tax and not impoverish people. The transport industry and rural dwellers are where the poor workers are.

• Advertisement

They should have been locked up when they protested on the M50.

They done the right thing. These people are spending years rearing beef herds to receive a paltry price for their efforts. They had to do something to for the government to stand up and notice. I realise it must be frustrating to be stuck on the m50 fair enough, but sometimes it takes drastic action.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jaysus as if a farmer is ever going to vote anything other than FF/FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭This is it

Granny15 wrote: »
    He is in his brown

Ah Granny, you can't say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Massively boring overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This is it wrote: »
    LV, MM, MLM in that order so far for me

Are you into Roman numerals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

gmisk wrote: »
    Estimate of all cows in Ireland I think.

Less farm animals in Ireland now compared to 40 yrs ago.of course the greens won’t tell u that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Actually...going to vote for Howlin, purely to see him and Michael D. Meeting foreign dignitaries.

Or RBB in his wrinkled shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It's not over yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Massively boring overall.

Disagree. I have found it a really worthwhile debate to be honest - largely down to Claire keeping them (mostly) in order and calling them out where necessary

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

After the break there might be five minutes of talking. It would have been better to plough ahead until the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Less farm animals in Ireland now compared to 40 yrs ago.of course the greens won’t tell u that.

We didn't have a climate crisis 40 years ago.
    Different times need different responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

They done the right thing. These people are spending years rearing beef herds to receive a paltry price for their efforts. They had to do something to for the government to stand up and notice. I realise it must be frustrating to be stuck on the m50 fair enough, but sometimes it takes drastic action.
    Pump slurry onto the garden at Dail Eireann then. Stop making lives hard for working people.

Blocking up the M50 in their 191 John Deeres worth about €70k. My heart bleeds. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

RBB actually came across as a normal person but I'm sure it's all an act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Disagree. I have found it a really worthwhile debate to be honest - largely down to Claire keeping them (mostly) in order and calling them out where necessary

Who “won” in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Claire wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Claire Byrne doin a great job.

Decent at political debate and likable in many, many ways.:pac:

Get her presenting the Late Late and get rid of that other biased streak of p*ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's not over yet!
    You still wannnt me

What a tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    What have they done for the taxpayer in the last 3 years? Is a fiver a week (offset against more expensive charges) really something to be championing?

Why will they be different next month if they're elected? What's changed?

They’ve been a disgrace for the taxpayer. The others have all actively said they will target us though.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Voted Fg last time but realistically they were a disaster in the sense that homelessness is at an all time high, there is a total housing and rental crisis and healthcare has gone down hill all despite huge tax intakes. Really wanted to see MM step up here but he's too weak. Leo can hold a crowd but his record says no matter how well he can talk, the country isn't benefiting from it. And Mary Lou who can also talk stands for a party that are massively over promising and are unrealistic in what they want to do. More confused then ever on who to go for! Would love MM to let out a roar or something to show the passion haha

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bonaparte2

Completely counterproductive. They closed down the beef industry earlier in the year , that was drastic action too. And what was the result? They had to back down and the factories got the blockaded cattle later in the year for less money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Rich Boy got the most cheers... but will he even be re-elected??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Who “won” in your opinion?

My guy won; your guy lost; the guy who doesn't really threaten my guy came second.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ZeroCool17

Mary Lou is the wrong leader for SF. Pearce Doherty would be out there speaking so much better. She just likes her sound bites. No substance.

Leo for me tonight has been the best. Best of a bad bunch, but the best.

Claire is a great presenter. Really making it flow. Enjoyable overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Claire wins

Louise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

RBB
    MLM
    LEO
    BRENDAN HOWLIN
    ROISIN SHORTALL
    MICHAEL MARTIN
    EAMONN RYAN

in that order. Think it might have rescued a point or two for Leo off Martin in the polls.

Advertisement