Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Every time I look at Howlin next to Martin, I can't help but get a vision of the Denis Waterman sketches from little Britain out of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

If you want to not be able to afford to heat your house or drive a car and be taxed to the max on everything vote for the Green party.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Five years Micheal? I'd give it five months if the polling figures play out at the ballot box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Bad finish for MM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The revolution.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Lundstram wrote: »
    MM the dirty dog flirting with Claire.

Oh u spotted it ! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

So many promises Leo but while you were at the wheel the last few years you couldn't run a pissup in a brewery.

Useless. But I don’t need to even give the opportunity to the other morons to know there works have been some of the same and some different crisis...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

McMurphy wrote: »
    Please dear god and baby Jesus in the manger, don't let the greens get within a asses roar of govt again.

They are in. Of all the parties, the surest one to be part of whatever flavour of government eventuates, the Greens will be part of it. The numbers dictate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Commies always trying to tell people their lives are crap to usher in the glorious revolution....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Claire has done a great job here tonight I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

RBB popular with the Galway crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Phoebas wrote: »
    RBB popular with the Galway crowd.

Crusties always look after their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wolfie Smyth did well there. Even if it’s rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Arghus wrote: »
    I think Éamonn Ryan doesn't deserve the hate.

Big fan of his. Think the Greens will gain some seats this time around and may get a seat in my constituency

Honest, clear and consistent with his policies. Definitely the one I'd trust the most

65 in the south - 66 in the north Mary Lou ?

Big thank to all rbb supporters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

344109.jpg?b64lines=IEknZCBhbHNvIGxpa2UgdG8gZXhwcmVzcwogbXkgZ3JhdGl0dWRlIHRvIENsYWlyZS4gCiggY3Jvd2QgbXVybXVyaW5nKQ==

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Shocking the Mary Lou is going with reducing the pension age.
    Nuts idea.

I want a unicorn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Howlin comfortably last in the debate, Shortall OK when she did speak, but quietness overall leaves her second-bottom. Varadkar probably ahead overall, followed by Boyd-Barrett, Martin, Mary Lou and Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

65 in the south - 66 in the north Mary Lou ?

Also water meter rollout under an SF Minister there, amongst other do-as-we-say-not-as-we-do stuff when crossing the border.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

A nice set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

That was enjoyable.

Jesus I'm old and sad. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Fair play to RTE, a great debate tonight. One thing they they can never be faulted on is their current affairs output.

8-10 wrote: »
    Big fan of his. Think the Greens will gain some seats this time around and may get a seat in my constituency

Honest, clear and consistent with his policies. Definitely the one I'd trust the most

Best of luck with Sunday roast !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

8-10 wrote: »

Nope total spoofer imo.
    Greens made a hash of things the last time in coalition I don't think people have forgotten, I have no doubt they will gain seats in Dublin but can't see too many outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Homelessness.

The biggest myth in Ireland over the last 5 years.

Exactly. If we build 50k social housing you can bet there will be another 50k getting in line for
    there free house too. If they have to pop out a few kids to speed this up they will.

Oh, and it will be governments fault and us the taxpayers will have to pay for it while paying 400k for house next door to them putting up with their anti-social bullsh@t.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

That was enjoyable.

Jesus I'm old and sad. :(

We will have to watch the spin room now next, it’s passed my bedtime !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭CPTM

Claire was the only winner tonight.

MM best debater.

Leo played the quiet card but perhaps that was the shrewdest move.

Mary Lou had some good moments, but the rest might as well have stayed at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Shortall & Howlin were weakest alright. RBB & Eamon the winners for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Mary Lou wasnt pushed anywhere near enough on the cross border double standards, and I say that as someone who would usually have SF high enough in my preferences.

Advertisement