Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Mary Lou not good at all and possibly an error finishing off as gaelige. Reminds people of their murderous past connections

• Registered Users Posts: 82,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

8-10 wrote: »
    Big fan of his. Think the Greens will gain some seats this time around and may get a seat in my constituency

Honest, clear and consistent with his policies. Definitely the one I'd trust the most

Big hater of his and his party, how in the jaysus did they ever think diesel could be used as a clean fuel in private cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Tip for Leo for his next slogan...

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Or...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Richard Boyd Barrett first time hearing him speak, have to said very impressed and in my view best closing statement of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

mzungu wrote: »
    Fair play to RTE, a great debate tonight. One thing they they can never be faulted on is their current affairs output.

Yeah I enjoyed it. I know they are easy targets but fair play to them. Cant be easy, after a long day and couple of weeks, to go on national TV and have to answer questions like that when 5-6 people are getting ready to stick the boot in. I take my hat off to the 7 of them and Claire Byrne.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Darc19 wrote: »
    Mary Lou not good at all and possibly an error finishing off as gaelige. Reminds people of their murderous past connections

Well spotted , saw the grandfather getting the gun alright !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

You spent years calling out FG and calling Leo a rat and now you suddenly think they are the best.

WTF like!???

Absolutely. Banned from politics for one too many varadkar attacks. Started a still going strong thread on this forum about fg poor performance. It’s become Krystle clear over the last week in particular , that as **** as fg are , the others are even worse in my opinion. Government is easy when you never have to make decisions. We have had decades of **** governance here and many of those spoofers that make up the dail have never even been in power. What dues that tell you about their caliber or desire for change. Of this isn’t just me , a lot of my family and friends will be giving fg a one and greens a two. Here’s looking forward to a new party forming that rewards workers , happy to say bye bye to fg then

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

FF would clean up if they had removed MM from the leadership. Woeful on the final hurdle there. And says ‘in terms of’ way too much for my liking.

Thanks to all the boardies tonight very enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Darc19 wrote: »
    Huh? I am not sure what speaking Irish has to do with murderous past connections...I think more of an issue that lot of people would have no clue what she is saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

It's was a much better debate than the MM/LV debate on virginmedia.

M

FF would clean up if they had removed MM from the leadership. Woeful on the final hurdle there. And says ‘in terms of’ way too much for my liking.

Their front bench is not exactly senior hurling material.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Klonker wrote: »
    Exactly. If we build 50k social housing you can bet there will be another 50k getting in line for ir there free house too. If they have to pop out a few kids to speed this up they will.

Oh, and it will be governments fault and us the taxpayers will have to pay for it while paying 400k for house next door to them putting up with their anti-social bullsh@t.
    Yeah and that’s why the notion of this housing crisis being solved is a joke. You are all giving Claire Byrne plaudits , why isn’t she raising obvious points like this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Absolutely. Banned from politics for one too many varadkar attacks. Started a still going strong thread on this forum about fg poor performance. It’s become Krystle clear over the last week in particular , that as **** as fg are , the others are even worse in my opinion. Government is easy when you never have to make decisions. We have had decades of **** governance here and many of those spoofers that make up the dail have never even been in power. What dues that tell you about their caliber or desire for change. Of this isn’t just me , a lot of my family and friends will be giving fg a one and greens a two. Here’s looking forward to a new party forming that rewards workers , happy to say bye bye to fg then

I was trying to tell you that.

Anyone staying on for the post match analysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michael seems to be sucking up to Eamon and Brendan

RBB came across well when he was left speak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Barret seems the only Zane one, same old crap from the big 2,SF+L just making up the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gu1nness

3 words to sum it up.....God Help Us

M

Lol chaos outside, warzone.

Omg why didn’t they leave her in America !
    We want Claire we want Claire !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

gmisk wrote: »
    Huh? I am not sure what speaking Irish has to do with murderous past connections...I think more of an issue that lot of people would have no clue what she is saying.

It is redolent of GerryA with his opening and closing words in Irish, as if blessing himself, even though we hadnt a clue what he was saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Klonker wrote: »
    Exactly. If we build 50k social housing you can bet there will be another 50k getting in line for ir there free house too. If they have to pop out a few kids to speed this up they will.

Oh, and it will be governments fault and us the taxpayers will have to pay for it while paying 400k for house next door to them putting up with their anti-social bullsh@t.
    Spot on. Also, 1 million medical cards in a country of 4.5 million people with 4% unemployment is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Mary Regan.
    Yes!

One of my unusual crushes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

CPTM wrote: »
    Claire was the only winner tonight.

That’s the BIG Problem, Claire thought she was part of the debate team, not the moderator she was supposed to be. What’s really sad, is instead of being a moderator, she was a cheerleader for Fine Gael. Very biased and pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Michael seems to be sucking up to Eamon and Brendan

RBB came across well when he was left speak
    He always speaks from the left...and really really far over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Big loser from the night was Ryan and the Greens

Leo has a "fan club" telling him to get out!

I don't think they mean of the building :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

A spirited debate.

personal highlights :

Leo promising the increase in higher rate tax threshold again and Martin chopping him down that the likely delivery is nil.

MM promising a rural crime bureau which will be rather effective against the scourge, if he could deliver it.

SF, PbP and SD have impossible to deliver housing platforms, RBB can only cherry pick what works in austria as if it would here.

SF is still an IRA press wing controlled by them and opposed to the SCC.

Lol chaos outside, warzone.

Sinn Fein threw out few freebies for it I guess !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Their front bench is not exactly senior hurling material.

Varadkar`s front bench would be lucky to make intermediate.

Advertisement