Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Howlin comfortably last in the debate, Shortall OK when she did speak, but quietness overall leaves her second-bottom. Varadkar probably ahead overall, followed by Boyd-Barrett, Martin, Mary Lou and Ryan.

When the incumbent can give that impression, it means he has been exceptionally good. Stormer. FG stock will have risen there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It is redolent of GerryA with his opening and closing words in Irish, as if blessing himself, even though we hadnt a clue what he was saying.
    Leos first line tonight was in Irish...
    I don't think many people think what you are saying

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

That was like been in the pub and listening to verbal scutter all night so you sneak of early for a tastey chip with extra bacon.
    Ease the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Leo has a "fan club" telling him to get out!

I don't think they mean of the building :p

That’s just Joe Loughnane and Ogra SF members in high spirits after too much buckfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

PBP will win the rural vote with their plan to depopulate the cities and make all us bourgeoisie work the land for Mother Eire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

charlie14 wrote: »
    Varadkar`s front bench would be lucky to make intermediate.

A team so poor they had full support from FF over the last number of years, lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It is redolent of GerryA with his opening and closing words in Irish, as if blessing himself, even though we hadnt a clue what he was saying.

Fooks sake...Leo introduced himself in Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

gmisk wrote: »
    Huh? I am not sure what speaking Irish has to do with murderous past connections...I think more of an issue that lot of people would have no clue what she is saying.

When someone from SF starts speaking in Irish your just waiting for them to sign of with a 'Tiocfaidh ar la'

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Big loser from the night was Ryan and the Greens

I thought his lack of sound bites and whinging about ‘what we must do’ was refreshing. Honest and stuck to his principles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

I thought his lack of sound bites and whinging about ‘what we must do’ was refreshing. Honest and stuck to his principles

U should highlight WHINGING- lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

agree. he was very good. no bull****. no fake promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

God, i can't stand MLM with her shrill loud bully-boy school teachery voice. I'd rather listen to Leo's pompous winbaggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yep. We're going to tax everyone to emulate policies in nice places elsewhere, destroy rural communities and ultimately deliver nothing as climate change isn't just hanging on what virtue-signalling Ireland does!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Leo looked lost.he should retire so he can spend more time writing to celebrities.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He was a disaster, waffled tbh. Had to be chased to answer on the national herd.

Looked like he'd given up at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

A team so poor they had full support from FF over the last number of years, lol :D

What would your alternative have been to the confidence and supply agreement, another General Election in 2016 ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The noise in the background is grating.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

podge3 wrote: »
    God, i can't stand MLM with her shrill loud bully-boy school teachery voice. I'd rather listen to Leo's pompous winbaggery.

It’s tough going all right. Another ill-judged party leader. Doherty would perform better on many fronts

• Registered Users Posts: 82,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

charlie14 wrote: »
    What would your alternative have been to the confidence and supply agreement, another General Election in 2016 ? :confused:

I wouldn't have seen a problem with a change, Brexit is in autopilot from the EU, we have no say in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

YFlyer wrote: »
    The noise in the background is grating.

You can tell one of the left parties engineered a crowd, im betting its RBB’s doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Leo already came out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Housing is the big thing for me and FG in 9 years have built nothing. The first affordable housing project in as long in the entire country was announced for Cork a few months back. It's pathetic.

Thought Mary Lou did well but should drop the childish remarks there is enough to hammer them on.

Jesus Ryan is mad please don't let them near power.

I just can't stand that elitist snob Leo. Martin then just reminds me too much of Ahern.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 emerfan

PBP will win the rural vote with their plan to depopulate the cities and make all us bourgeoisie work the land for Mother Eire.

In extremely wrinkled clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thought Roisin Shortall and Brendan Howlin came across the best to be honest. Wasn’t overly impressed with Mary Lou and was considering giving my number one to Sinn Fein....don’t know now.

I wouldn't have seen a problem with a change, Brexit is in autopilot from the EU, we have no say in it.

This.

The Irish position was always the same regardless of who was in power. Them claiming credit for avoiding a no deal is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

You can tell one of the left parties engineered a crowd, im betting its RBB’s doing

Just in time for the closing of the student bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Yep. We're going to tax everyone to emulate policies in nice places elsewhere, destroy rural communities and ultimately deliver nothing as climate change isn't just hanging on what virtue-signalling Ireland does!

On a global level we barely make a drop in the ocean of difference. But we have awful air quality In many of our towns and city. That is caused primarily by disgusting diesel. That needs to be addressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

leahyl wrote: »
    Thought Roisin Shortall and Brendan Howlin came across the best to be honest. Wasn’t overly impressed with Mary Lou and was considering giving my number one to Sinn Fein....don’t know now.

She didn't do too bad. I thought all the leaders did quite all right tbh. RBB with the usual populist guff however.

Good debate overall in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

emerfan wrote: »
    In extremely wrinkled clothing.

RBB has always gone for the ‘I dressed in the dark behind a skip’ look. Shows solidarity with the common man or something.

• Advertisement

Increasing the carbon tax what will it actually do other than take money out of taxpayers pockets? On an individual level we can only do so much to clean up our act, industry needs to be tackled at a global level to create real change.

Advertisement