Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

piplip87 wrote: »
    Leo won that one. Had good answers, was not afraid to admit he was wrong. Came across quite well.

Mary Lou a distant second. Was caught out again by the banks even though it was fact checked and it came back as a false claim. Wasn't pulled by Yates or Cooper on the houses costing 130,000 ?

MM I don't know what he is trying but it isn't working. Now a reminder ever now and then about SF/IRA role in the North is welcome, he didn't have much else. Should have went into more depth about National Treatment Purchase Plan and the results it delivered pre crash.

Howlin still haven't forgiven him for the first debate and his rambling rant stopped a good debate between the three above.

Barry ? NO SQUARE ENVELOPES FOR ME, UNLESS THERE MADE BY A STATE RUN COMPANY, APPROVED BY A WORKERS COUNCIL AMD FREE FOR EVERYONE.

RYAN Yes did well but everybody else is on the environment hype train at this stage.

SHORTHALL- Did well but needs more policy that's not already taken by the big three
    Shorthall did well considering she wasn't at the debate :)
    But agree broadly with the rest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lol yer one saying that people were reaching for the solpadeine cos of all the shouting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Looking at Nora Casey I can see why allergan are planning a third botox facility in Westport

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

leahyl wrote: »
    Lol yer one saying that people were reaching for the solpadeine cos of all the shouting

Yeats didn't like the criticism. Joined the panel to discuss the leaders but it was him and Matt under the microscope....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You’d almost feel sorry for Barry and the lads. They are always so serious and earnest and outraged, and I’d say they genuinely find it tough to understand why people don’t vote for the far left. They are true believers in their faith.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Heh
    If the consensus of the after show panel is eamonn did good tonight
    Then the panel are cuckoo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Leo won that one. Had good answers, was not afraid to admit he was wrong. Came across quite well.

Mary Lou a distant second. Was caught out again by the banks even though it was fact checked and it came back as a false claim. Wasn't pulled by Yates or Cooper on the houses costing 130,000 ?

MM I don't know what he is trying but it isn't working. Now a reminder ever now and then about SF/IRA role in the North is welcome, he didn't have much else. Should have went into more depth about National Treatment Purchase Plan and the results it delivered pre crash.

Howlin still haven't forgiven him for the first debate and his rambling rant stopped a good debate between the three above.

Barry ? NO SQUARE ENVELOPES FOR ME, UNLESS THERE MADE BY A STATE RUN COMPANY, APPROVED BY A WORKERS COUNCIL AMD FREE FOR EVERYONE.

RYAN Yes did well but everybody else is on the environment hype train at this stage.

SHORTHALL- Did well but needs more policy that's not already taken by the big three
    By being absent is the view of some of the panel referring to Leo.

I could actually see ML McD and Leo coalescing
    It would be a very unusual government

Mortelaro wrote: »

It’s been muttered about in some of the darker recesses of FG for quite some time now. MLM and Leo get on very well, and I think the Government handling of Brexit changed the old opinion of FG that shinners has about them.

Stranger things have happened. I wouldn’t like it at all, but politics is a dark art.

Howlin
    Leo
    ML
    MM

In the above order according to tomorrow's Indo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I can see it too.

If FG need SF to keep FF out I can see FG concerns evaporating...

...and SF's ludicrous spending policies being dumped in favor of the greater lure of acceptance in a government here.

I can genuinely see that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Howlin
    Leo
    ML
    MM

By monday night MM will be in tatters.

Tide starting to go out.

Howlin
    Leo
    ML
    MM

Ya, Howlin did well. Telling people they can’t have both large tax cuts and better services is the truth, but lots of the electorate seem to think you can do both. His honesty mightn’t translate to votes.

I can see it too.

If FG need SF to keep FF out I can see FG concerns evaporating...

...and SF's ludicrous spending policies being dumped in favor of the greater lure of acceptance in a government here.

I can genuinely see that happening.

There’ll be blueshirts and RA heads spinning in their graves.

Ya, Howlin did well. Telling people they can’t have both large tax cuts and better services is the truth, but lots of the electorate seem to think you can do both. His honesty mightn’t translate to votes.[/quote

I'd actually go along with that myself but as you say, couldn't see myself giving them anything either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ya, Howlin did well. Telling people they can’t have both large tax cuts and better services is the truth, but lots of the electorate seem to think you can do both. His honesty mightn’t translate to votes.

I'd agree.

Said that already Howlin upped his game big time compared to the Claire Byrne's debate.

Ya, Howlin did well. Telling people they can’t have both large tax cuts and better services is the truth, but lots of the electorate seem to think you can do both. His honesty mightn’t translate to votes.[/quote

I'd actually go along with that myself but as you say, couldn't see myself giving them anything either.

Labour lack decent candidates to vote for unfortunately

Labour lack decent candidates to vote for unfortunately

Decent leadership.

My theory on the Leo Mary Lou relationship is probably that he is actually amenable to expressing Republicanism almost unusual or forgotten or more accurately unusual to let it surface as much even if it was always there,just not a priority for FG

Decent leadership.

He was much better tonight. But they don't have enough good candidates to get many seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

You can have both with a growing economy ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That presenter is very good

leahyl wrote: »
    That presenter is very good

gavin o reilly

Idbatterim wrote: »
    You can have both with a growing economy ...

I'm prepared to wait for the tax breaks if they could get proper infrastructure and services up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

No no and no, in other words that'd be a NO.
    Fine Gael & Sinn Fein are diametrically opposed in every facet of their very existence, and anyway, us FG voters wouldn't permit any hook up with the Shinners. So don't worry, It ain't going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Yes but SF/IRA the biggest barrier to a United Ireland for the past 40 years will stick.....

Instead.of Marylou distancing SF from the past, apologising to Innocent people hurt.... She goes on the attack......

Ever been to Ballymena?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

I'd love to see Gavin O'Reilly permanently replace Matt & Ivan. Tonight really showed up how bad they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'd love to see Gavin O'Reilly permanently replace Matt & Ivan. Tonight really showed up how bad they are.

Agree, I rarely watch the Tonight show because of that awkward and clumsy two presenter set up.

Lundstram wrote: »
    Pump slurry onto the garden at Dail Eireann then. Stop making lives hard for working people.

Blocking up the M50 in their 191 John Deeres worth about €70k. My heart bleeds. :rolleyes:

I get what your saying and i do emphatise with you, but its one day in all fairness. Im not sure how exactly they would get past the gates of dail eireann to start with :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Three problem with this is that paying more tax does not get any better services.
    It only gets higher paid pubic servants.

Advertisement