Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

It will be major fines from Europe if we don't meet targets......who pays the fines???

Who sets these targets in first place, and why are the agreed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Calhoun wrote: »
    Simply put its a little bit like what happened with the RIC commemorations, its seens as talking down to the electorate in ways.

I don't know if you saw the North West debate, where an independent Marian Harken schooled the **** out of FG, FF and the greens.

The Greens are nearly as bad as government as they have RTE backing which can be just as bad as most pieces they deliver are condescending ****e.

Junior B hurling from the Greens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Eoin O Brien hasn't a baldy clue. €160m on an retro fitting is equivalent to 2k per house in Kildare alone. Wouldn't change the downstairs windows. Must be no maths dept in West Ham polytechnic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

is_that_so wrote: »
    Is there one of these things on every night?

Not on Sundays as mark of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Richard Bruton the only serious person on thr RTE panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I also thought Jack Chambers is very good tonight
    Eoin O'Broin is one of Sinn Féins best T.D's
    A lot of sense talked tonight lost in adversarial politics
    It's better than the exaggerated unnatural climate anxiety from the 2 Thunberg fans at the start tonight

As for the ecologist, he should try reading in bed at night in the country with a window open,you'd be knocked down by the insects bugs and midges
    Everyone here was roaring laughing at him
    No jackdaws or crows or magpies
    Get out of it with that rubbish
    When I'm cutting silage,its like the set of alfred Hitchcock's the birds with all the crows
    Jack Chambers was a bloody disaster I thought....he was ridiculously aggressive. Some serious foot in mouth moments.
    Eoin o broin excellent as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Well Richards performance tonight won't help them improve their position in the polls. He's lost at sea.
    He's generally not good at this quick on the feet stuff and not aggressive enough. He's a great detail man to brief on a new plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Do you have a link to that because I seem to recall the Troika suggesting it rather than imposing it?
    Were we not to get fined by the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,404 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

All the talk about climate change - yet to hear anything about public transport. Or congestion charges in Irish city centers.

How can a discussion about a greener Ireland not involve public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

CB gone very calm, the praise she got last week went to her head, she got her wings clipped tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    A blue Peter badge

A Blue Shirt badge?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

lawred2 wrote: »
    All the talk about climate change - yet to hear anything about public transport. Or congestion charges in Irish city centers.

How can a discussion about a greener Ireland not involve public transport?

This! What idiocy. Transport spending offers multiple improvements, improved productivity. Higher density housing. Huge carbon savings etc. I’d have thought every euro thrown at thatvwiuld be far more effective than retrofitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    FG are the only sensible party

This is the same FG who thought it would go down well with the Irish public to hold a state commemoration for the black and tans, right before they called an election?

That went down well, didn't it?

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

talking about carbon tax after this? what was the last 15 minutes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

We need to build a nuclear reactor.

Slash the price of electricity, use cheap electricity to heat homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

He's generally not good at this quick on the feet stuff and not aggressive enough. He's a great detail man to brief on a new plan.

I think he is the best performer in the debate...knocking it out of the park!!!

easypazz wrote: »

Is that you or someone on TV?

Idbatterim wrote: »
    This! What idiocy. Transport spending offers multiple improvements, improved productivity. Higher density housing. Huge carbon savings etc. I’d have thought every euro thrown at thatvwiuld be far more effective than retrofitting.

Now we're onto carbon tax.. Wtf have we been talking about up to now? All I heard was tax tax tax...

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    I think he is the best performer in the debate...knocking it out of the park!!!
    I'm not watching but it is a weakness he has in general and can come across as timid or flat-footed but excellent on details.

Can you imagine?

Lord knows what the hell price we'd end up paying for that, going by the feckin NCH.

• Advertisement

Polluter pays says Richard but not if you're a data center owned by a large MN.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Best to wait until after the US presidential election.

Trump is running out of countries to threaten with bombing the sh**e out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

McMurphy wrote: »
    Can you imagine?

Lord knows what the hell price we'd end up paying for that, going by the feckin NCH.
    I also wouldn't trust us to take care of a nuclear reactor would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Eoin O Brien hasn't a baldy clue. €160m on an retro fitting is equivalent to 2k per house in Kildare alone. Wouldn't change the downstairs windows. Must be no maths dept in West Ham polytechnic

Richard Bruton called him on it and he never even argured with him about it and these lads are leading the polls. Just because you're well spoken doesn't mean you're not talking tru your hoop , Eoin.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Can you imagine?

Take a look at what the UK is on the hook for with the nuclear plant they are currently planning/building?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

charlie14 wrote: »
    Best to wait until after the US presidential election.

Trump is running out of countries to threaten with bombing the sh**e out of.

US Foreign is always unpredictable no matter who's in office.

Chambers has hurt his chances of a cabinet position after this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

lawred2 wrote: »
    Polluter pays says Richard but not if you're a data center owned by a large MN.

What does that mean for dairy farmers Richard.... Polluters must pay he says..?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I THInk the problem for the stablishment now is over the decades, we have had many of the same morons, talking and delivery nothing. I think the electorate are very angry and burned out from it. Varadkar should have went to the polls months ago. Total lack of action in different areas, the longer things went on , things were only ever going to get worse for them

gmisk wrote: »
    I also wouldn't trust us to take care of a nuclear reactor would you?

I wouldn't trust the lads they put in charge of costing the NCH /NBP to go to get my weekly shop in Aldi tbh.

• Advertisement

That Chambers lad is annoying... Too aggressive

Advertisement