Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Leo loves himself.

Funny reaction when he wasn't as fit as he thought!

https://youtu.be/Pk7sOe8_GJY

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

people travelling to WHERE to get cataracts removed??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Completely different systems, different politics, even a different culture if you will. SF are a different party on each side of the border in reality.

They're an all Ireland party, MLMcD is the president of the party island wide. They're the one party. Don't take it from me, take it from themselves, like I already said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

gyppo wrote: »
    Leo needs to be ripped to shreds here....

Leo bears no responsibility for the state of the health service whatsoever. The people of Ireland are to blame for that. They want jobs, they want inefficiency, they want crummy hospitals in every corner of the country. Until they face up to this fact, there is no point critiising the politicians for not being able to improve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,865 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Belfast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Was it reported ? I hadn’t heard that reported so was surprised to hear that number quoted.

Sorry, misread date, it's from a year ago.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/20000-northern-ireland-households-are-now-homeless-37719853.html

Most articles other when I search for the numbers seem to reference homeless death stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

C__MC wrote: »
    Spent most of it clearing up the mess of fianna fail and still are

They said they could do that, and everything else..

Like it or not, they knew about those problems when they took over, and they still had (counting on fingers.. 1, 2, 3...) 9 years..
    That hasn't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Didn't Micheal set up the HSE?

How can we have any confidence in him?

He did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

MM health answer much stronger than Leo's . Treatment purchase fund is hugely effective to be fair and will immediately help waiting lists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can I say that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

ML must have come up with this on her fag break

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Belfast.

who runs the show up there? maybe we should get them in down here....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Embarassing to think Micheal Martin will be Taoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 82,865 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Vin B should have been given a debate to chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

You know that little statelet up da road, where SF are in govt and which Leo states is in a worse position than the HSE.
    That place!

Mary Lou just said it.

Why the flip are 500 beds closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

McMurphy wrote: »
    Leo is clearly, clearly stumbling/faltering here trying to get a dig in about the North.

McDonald in fairness to her stayed calm, let him go off on his incomprehensible rant, and calmly reminded him that the purse strings to the north are held by the UK govt, and challenged him to make sure take it up with the UK govt. :D

And the North is by far the most highly subsidised region of the UK

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2017-40248345

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Hurrache wrote: »
    They're an all Ireland party, MLMcD is the president of the party island wide. They're the one party. Don't take it from me, take it from themselves, like I already said.

They have pushed austerity up here, whilst being populist in Ireland and promising everything to everyone.

I'm no fan of theirs but that's the craic. They're like Tesco with their separate divisions in ROI and UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Hurrache wrote: »
    Oh yeah, and she was probably better off never having getting an invite, easily could play it to their advantage. But appearing in the debate, based on the latest polls, can only i believe have them drop in popularity.

Wouldn't be so sure of that
    people are rightly pissed off
    They want change ….it happens to be SF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Vin B should have been given a debate to chair.

There’d be skin and hair flying If that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Leo bears no responsibility for the state of the health service whatsoever. The people of Ireland are to blame for that. They want jobs, they want inefficiency, they want crummy hospitals in every corner of the country. Until they face up to this fact, there is no point critiising the politicians for not being able to improve it.

This is one of the worst posts I've seen in awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Embarassing to think Micheal Martin will be Taoiseach
    He;s deffo in 3rd place tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

th?id=OIP.xSx31ePL8Ti89NNFDhJdxQHaKY&pid=Api

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Oh yeah, we all want these Centre’s of excellence that are great if you can actually get into them, which you can’t because they’re jammed to capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

MM coming through very strong there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Leo is full of it, talking of homelessness in UK, WTF

It's relevant as they have a similar society to us but per head of capita they are far worse than we are when it comes to homelessness. There are 90 rough sleepers in Dublin vs 9000 in london

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Hands Leo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    And the North is by far the most highly subsidised region of the UK

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2017-40248345
    Yep...and people still want a United Ireland...if you want the financial drain...and the unionists work away!

Advertisement