Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aftercare?

• 22-01-2020 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Hi hi Think I may need a well qualified bereavement person to get stuff out there. I am not one to share and I hate talk therapy - but feel there’s stuff in my head I am suppressing from losing 2 loved ones within a small set of time and at same time protecting other loved ones from negative emotions at the moment. Experiencing vivid dreams where both parties are still alive and are being neglected by me and I need to fix things and wake up not remembering whether they be here or not
    Am based in north Dublin
    Thanks

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Redpunto wrote: »
    Hi hi Think I may need a well qualified bereavement person to get stuff out there. I am not one to share and I hate talk therapy - but feel there’s stuff in my head I am suppressing from losing 2 loved ones within a small set of time and at same time protecting other loved ones from negative emotions at the moment. Experiencing vivid dreams where both parties are still alive and are being neglected by me and I need to fix things and wake up not remembering whether they be here or not
    Am based in north Dublin
    Thanks

Cheers

Do you have any kind of employee assistance service in your job?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Your GP's surgery may have details of bereavement counsellors in your local area.
    The link below may be useful also;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057956018

All the best, and take care.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Often your local hospital has the contact information of a bereavement counsellor. The contact I have is no good to you as it's nowhere near Dublin but it was a midwife in the pre-natal unit that gave me it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Advice offered to date is all good.
    If you have an Employee Assistance Programme they will have a counselling service you can avail of.
    Your GP is always a good source of info on where to get bereavement support, as are your local hospital and hospice(even if hospice care wasn't involved).

Writing out your thoughts, even just in a journal rather than posting online can also in my experience be quite helpful.
    It helps to order your thoughts and externalise the feelings that are racing through you.

I am sorry you have encountered loss and I hope you find strength and solace in the memory of your loved ones.

Advertisement