Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 22-01-2020 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

recommendations for a 204
    having bought a 6.5 creedmoor i rarely use the 243 win now
    so i hope to trade it in against a good 204

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

badshot wrote: »
    recommendations for a 204
    having bought a 6.5 creedmoor i rarely use the 243 win now
    so i hope to trade it in against a good 204

Have you considered using the .243 with a 55gr bullet for foxing, about 3800FPS, like a laser. No more expensive than .204 bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

garv123 wrote: »
    Have you considered using the .243 with a 55gr bullet for foxing, about 3800FPS, like a laser. No more expensive than .204 bullets.

rifle does not like the 55 grain
    and i fancy getting a 204

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

All the usual brands, Remington, CZ, Howa, Sako etc but it's hard to go wrong with a Tikka varmint/supervarmint. Plenty of aftermarket parts available nowadays too to style up.
    Only issue is you might have to get a faster twist barrel if you must shoot 40gr bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mark.223

You will not go wrong with Tikka T3X in 204 Ive one and love it. A foxes worst nightmare, absolute laser, Ive shot foxes out to 250yards off viperflex with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Know of a well sorted 204 howa in a grs stock that he may part with. Less than 100 rounds down through it as he felt more home with the 243.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Mark.223

Cracking 204 for sale on here with PSE stock serious deal at 1600

Mark.223 wrote: »
    Cracking 204 for sale on here with PSE stock serious deal at 1600
    yeah i saw that
    have to trade in the 243 win first

hedzball wrote: »
    Know of a well sorted 204 howa in a grs stock that he may part with. Less than 100 rounds down through it as he felt more home with the 243.
    any harm to ask where

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

badshot wrote: »
    any harm to ask where

Private seller in Cork. Can get you a price if you are interested

Advertisement