Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vote rigging general election

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,405 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If there is any rigging going on, it is happening in cyber-space, not in polling stations or count centres.

https://twitter.com/VickerySec/status/1220131160421888000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Look lads, canddaites have been having hostile voters bumped off the register since time immemorial. Its the Irish way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Its obvious that Epstein faked his death, so that he and the Clintons working in conjunction with the Marxists can get on the boards of Irish Universities to data mine the student email accounts, stealing their identities and then using the info to alter voting registers and elect whomever they wish, if you can't see that your a paid stooge.
    Don't forget the saucer people and reverse vampires! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Bambi wrote: »
    Look lads, canddaites have been having hostile voters bumped off the register since time immemorial. Its the Irish way.
    How do you know this? Genuinely interested.

(The way of corrupt folk universally, rather than the Irish way).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Bambi wrote: »

I have heard similar stories from different constituencies. Obviously that’s only anecdotal but it points to the fact that the electoral register is broken IMO. The fact that there is no central oversight allows this to happen. Even John Gormley of the Greens recognized this 10 years ago when he called for an independent electoral commission, but this has still to come about. You could speculate why there has been feet dragging but then again just remember the current situation suits some parties, otherwise it would have been changed.

Personally, what I would like to see is someone doing a PhD in one of the universities looking at election results in certain bellwether constituencies for certain elections* and correlating them with census results and recorded deaths in those constituencies to see if they tallied and what kind of picture emerges.

If I was in charge I would make it mandatory to present photo ID and link voting to your PPS number before you could vote. Not to see what way people,voted but to make sure that only those eligible to vote can do so.

*Maybe seminal elections like 1977, 1997 and more recent ones like 2008 and 2016 to get a more complete picture.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK OP you've had your fun

If you or anyone else has any evidence to support such allegations please report them to the authorities rather than trolling on here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement