Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picard 1x01 - "Remembrance" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

The odd thing about the cube is internally it doesn't look very Borg-like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Rawr

Evade wrote: »
    The odd thing about the cube is internally it doesn't look very Borg-like.

Could be that it's been there so long that the Romulans have be refitting the interiors to be more suitable for them.

The outside grooves on the cube also suggest that this might actually be a Tactical Borg Cube, with the armor plates removed.

I thought it was obvious, it never occurred to me at all to speculate that they might have created it. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

The notion of an abandoned Borg cube is a bit of an enigma in itself. From what we've seen of the Borg so far, they don't feel fear or tend to retreat. Any encounters they haven't won have ended in the complete destruction of their vessels, asides from the obvious exception of First Contact where they launched a sphere to go back in time.

I'm curious as to what circumstances would have led to thousands of Borg either leaving or being forcibly removed from one of their cubes, but leaving much of the vessel behind.

Voyager had more than one example of this

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Indeed, many examples where something was "hidden" from the Borg by disrupting or intercepting a signal, and where a group of Borg were disconnected from the collective or otherwise disabled.

The Romulans could have come across a disabled cube with the drones inside disoriented or otherwise weakened, so they deployed <insert magic technology here> to hide it from the Borg and took control of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Only followed Voyager loosely so wasn't aware, must check out a few Borg eps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I assume they rebuilt/retrofitted a damaged cube. I'm sure all will be revealed. Roll on next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

IIRC, Voyager even exposed a subplot were the Borg were having issues with some ships getting severed from the collective; In some cases, it started from a single drone regaining some form of individuality - a thing that quickly spread to the rest of the crew due to their connection. The Collective's reaction to that was usually to trigger the self-destruct mechanism for such ships...

As for the Romulans getting their hands on a cube...well it's the Romulans, not Starfleet - I suspect their methods could be much more...effective, if needed.

Don't, please don't ruin them for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

just how many planets have been blown up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

just how many planets have been blown up?

None properly yet. Mars has only been on fire fourteen years, kinda like the Federation equivalent of the Springfield tire fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well Romulus and presumably other inner empire worlds would have been blown up. Vulcan is safe in this timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watched TNG episode ''A Measure of a Man'' and its still brilliant. Some parts I remembered other parts that so. Guinen was very pivotel in that too. If she was not there it could have gone very different.
    I am glad she is going to be in Season two.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Just watched TNG episode ''A Measure of a Man'' and its still brilliant. Some parts I remembered other parts that so. Guinen was very pivotel in that too. If she was not there it could have gone very different.
    I am glad she is going to be in Season two.

Stewart really
    blindsided Whoopi, she was grinning like the Cheshire cat

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Just saw episode 1. Very promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Watched this. Really enjoyed it even though I hadn’t a clue what was going on! Watched Nemesis last night and I’m up to speed! I forgot everything about that movie. It’s really really good. Will watch ep 2 tonight knowing what’s up.

Thoughts on Ep2?

Quite enjoyed it. A few F-bombs dropped, nice to see that even in a semi-utopian future people still need to curse sometimes :D

Also, that reception guy not recognising Picard..... if looks could kill, he'd be in intensive care

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wrong episode thread Mr. Mystery :)

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wrong episode thread Mr. Mystery :)

Whoops!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is he deliberately being a bit stumbling speech wise? If so he's a great actor.

It's a good series.

Is he deliberately being a bit stumbling speech wise? If so he's a great actor.

It's a good series.

Think it's just his age, he was on this Colbert interview a couple of weeks ago and doesn't sound much different from the show.

• Advertisement

Just rewatched part of it there, didn't notice that the Romulan bit into a false tooth to release the acid spray. That's why his face burned too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Just rewatched part of it there, didn't notice that the Romulan bit into a false tooth to release the acid spray. That's why his face burned too.

Yeah, took me a couple of watches to see what happened there. Romulans spitting acid? That's a new one. Could they always spit acid? Lol

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yeah, took me a couple of watches to see what happened there. Romulans spitting acid? That's a new one. Could they always spit acid? Lol

I dount it. I would say its a bit like someone with a cyanide pill in there mouth except his was not to kill him but to spit acid and kill someone else. Maybe he knew a good doctor that can fix his face up again in no time or just did not care either way if he lived or dies.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement