Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo has blood on his hands

Options
  • 23-01-2020 9:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

After all the talk about how people consumimg drugs at the weekends have blood on their hands and are providing gangs with money thats bringing violence to our streets.

Surely Leo does the right thing and resign after admitting he has blood on his hands too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

After all the talk about how people consumimg drugs at the weekends have blood on their hands and are providing gangs with money thats bringing violence to our streets.

Surely Leo does the right thing and resign after admitting he has blood on his hands too?
    He can't resign, not until there's a new Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

I think he originally admitted it 12 or 13 years ago so not exactly news and everyone should have had eyes open on this when they voted.

Personally I’d prefer he used his position to put the little bastards in jail for a very long time rather than resign and let the cycle continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Just fcuking legalise the stuff ffs

every person ever has blood on their hands so

certainly every national politician ever

most definitely every person who has ever served in govt

kinda meaningless statement when you think of it, really

• Registered Users Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

That’s a weird way to spin what he said, but then I also don’t agree with the whole “blood on their hands” nonsense in the first place. He admitted to taking drugs years ago, it’s not news, and it signals virtues which many people are in favour of, as opposed to doing any harm to his reputation.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Just fcuking legalise the stuff ffs

Just decriminalisation on it’s own won’t resolve any of the issues related to the sale, supply and use of illegal drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Would you get out of town. Here's your take on it yesterday ;

Any difference to people wearing clothes they know come from slave and often child labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Does that mean Sinn Fein has to completely disband then ?
    They've more blood on them than a menstruating slaughterhouse worker with a nosebleed.

Just decriminalisation on it’s own won’t resolve any of the issues related to the sale, supply and use of illegal drugs.

Legalisation won't 'solve' drug related issues, as there's no solutions to its issues, it's just a different way of managing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

If that's the case, then Mary-Lou and every single SF politician and hanger-on has buckets of blood seeping from every crevice of their bodies from the thousands of completely innocent men women and children murdered in cold blood by their IRA compatriots.

Does the OP really want to travel this route?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

tritium wrote:
    Personally I’d prefer he used his position to put the little bastards in jail for a very long time rather than resign and let the cycle continue.

They tried that in 1995 or so with minimum 10 years sentences for drug offences. Judges refuse to follow up on this law unless the defendant is a drug boss. The average sentence for someone holding large amounts of drugs is 7 or 8 years with several suspended. This brings the average sentence to 4 years. They get 25 percent off this bringing time served to 3 years.

Judges across the board refuse to hand down longer sentences to non drug bosses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

tritium wrote:

They tried that in 1995 or so with minimum 10 years sentences for drug offences. Judges refuse to follow up on this law unless the defendant is a drug boss. The average sentence for someone holding large amounts of drugs is 7 or 8 years with several suspended. This brings the average sentence to 4 years. They get 25 percent off this bringing time served to 3 years.

Judges across the board refuse to hand down longer sentences to non drug bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

They've more blood on them than a menstruating slaughterhouse worker with a nosebleed.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I cant think of anyone i know who hasn't tried illegal drugs. We are all murdering scum.

I cant think of anyone i know who hasn't tried illegal drugs. We are all murdering scum.
    Yeah and tobacco companies were built off the backs of slaves.

Ah we do exist alright, but many certainly have tried

• Registered Users Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Legalisation won't 'solve' drug related issues, as there's no solutions to its issues, it's just a different way of managing it

Sure, at least that’s a bit more nuanced than just legalisation alone. Legalisation would only be effective if it were part of a more comprehensive policy to address the many related issues with sale, supply and misuse of drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Legalise for personal consumption levels and remove the criminal element.

As for Leo having blood on his hands, you'll need to try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Anyway maybe someone grew the weed he smoked at home for personal use and no criminality involved

• Registered Users Posts: 56,353 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A nonsense...

Plenty people have never used illegal drugs...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I’d be more worried about the politicians who claim that they never tried drugs.

• Advertisement

Sure, at least that’s a bit more nuanced than just legalisation alone. Legalisation would only be effective if it were part of a more comprehensive policy to address the many related issues with sale, supply and misuse of drugs.

Legalisation wouldn't be problem free, it would be extremely problematic, it would introduce it's own complex problems, but it would depower criminal gangs. We would need to heavily invest in services around it though, particularly the health service, I can't see any of this happening though, so.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

What am i missing here - what's Leo been up to?

Chemsex orgies i pressume:D:D

A momentary lapse, probably of a medical student doing "research". I doubt we are talking about a strung out opium fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

He's been making a right mess. Remember when it was ok and even "cool" for politicians and public figures to come out and say "oh I had a puff of some reefer once but I didn't even inhale...lol" in order to gain votes/street cred? Well now hes mentioned blood on hands and people have run with it like the sheep they are and he's f*cked himself essentially. Delirah.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There is already a thread on the TV debate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement