Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulsing light in outdoor siren (Vanderbilt) when fullset enabled

Options
  • 23-01-2020 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Have an SPC 4320. I noticed the other night the light in the outdoor siren turns on and off when the alarm is fully set but just stays on constantly when part set.

I would much prefer for it to be the same all the time instead of broadcasting the level of protection. Any idea if this can be changed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

ethernet wrote: »
    Have an SPC 4320. I noticed the other night the light in the outdoor siren turns on and off when the alarm is fully set but just stays on constantly when part set.

I would much prefer for it to be the same all the time instead of broadcasting the level of protection. Any idea if this can be changed?

Sounds like the output which the strobe is wired into is programmed as arm/disarm.
    I would start there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

kub wrote: »
    Sounds like the output which the strobe is wired into is programmed as arm/disarm.
    I would start there.

Ah, didn't think it might be something like that. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
    Must give the installers a call. It's only been a few months.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yeah . They have wired into the relay out put which is programmed as Full Set by default.
    1 minutes programming to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yeah . They have wired into the relay out put which is programmed as Full Set by default.
    1 minutes programming to fix.

Installer tried both suggestions. In this case, the above did the trick. Thanks again!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A common enough one .It catches a good few out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement