Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half of Americans don’t know 6m Jews were killed in Holocaust (survey)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

archer22 wrote: »
    You said there was German statistics and records....where are they?

I am delighted that you are having a good old troll here. I hope you're enjoying it, I enjoy one from time to time myself.

I think you could find a more subtle topic to rip the piss out of though, don't you think?

In Germany you are entitled to a custodial prison sentence for denying the holocaust. Any publication or soliciting of the idea is hammered down fairly hard by the authorities. In particular they are focused on the Neo Nazi movement which is still quite prevalent in parts of the former German Democratic Republic ( east Germany ).

I would suggest you start your research at somewhere like reading Nikolaus Wachsmann who is a German modern History professor in London. I dare you to read KL: A History of the Nazi Concentration Camps. Take the time to bother your arse to educate yourself for a change. It might help you to develop a little.

Watching shight on the internet will not get you there. Don't waste your time listening to idiots who are trying to make a name for themselves being controversial.

Chunts like Josef Mengele were very very real. They existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭bmc58

It's European history, although obviously they were heavily involved in ww2.

Would we be able to answer basic American history questions?

Some of us would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am delighted that you are having a good old troll here. I hope you're enjoying it, I enjoy one from time to time myself.

I think you could find a more subtle topic to rip the piss out of though, don't you think?

In Germany you are entitled to a custodial prison sentence for denying the holocaust. Any publication or soliciting of the idea is hammered down fairly hard by the authorities. In particular they are focused on the Neo Nazi movement which is still quite prevalent in parts of the former German Democratic Republic ( east Germany ).

I would suggest you start your research at somewhere like reading Nikolaus Wachsmann who is a German modern History professor in London. I dare you to read KL: A History of the Nazi Concentration Camps. Take the time to bother your arse to educate yourself for a change. It might help you to develop a little.

Watching shight on the internet will not get you there. Don't waste your time listening to idiots who are trying to make a name for themselves being controversial.

Chunts like Josef Mengele were very very real. They existed.
    Ok the old last resort of attack the poster when you can't answer the post ehh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

Is Ashling still hot, a fine member of society, and one of our own?

Ok the old last resort of attack the poster when you can't answer the post ehh.

Look I respect that your trying to have a good old troll, I really really get it. As I said in my response your perfectly entitled to have a troll.

I just think your choice of topic is disconcerting. Also from your posts I am beginning to think you are a complete clown.

Do yourself a favour and read up about it. You don't have to be an Israel supporter or anything. Just have a look out there and see what you find. You actually might benefit from it.

• Advertisement

skallywag wrote: »
    Is Ashling still hot, a fine member of society, and one of our own?

Post a pic and we will find out, Monsieur Wag.

As I said in my response your perfectly entitled to have a troll.

This intrigues me.

Why would you think folk should be entitled to troll?

Post a pic and we will find out, Monsieur Wag.

Was pretty embarrassing the way you were all over her in that thread man.

Had you taken nurofen plus that day, was it?

Look I respect that your trying to have a good old troll, I really really get it. As I said in my response your perfectly entitled to have a troll.

I just think your choice of topic is disconcerting. Also from your posts I am beginning to think you are a complete clown.

Do yourself a favour and read up about it. You don't have to be an Israel supporter or anything. Just have a look out there and see what you find. You actually might benefit from it.

So you are now doubling down on it and resorting to open personal abuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Are you saying the holocaust didn't occur?

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    Are you saying the holocaust didn't occur?

No, the discussion is about the figures and how they were arrived at.

Do try to keep up!.

Of course I am. I love it. Ha ha. Your gas. Your making my day here, thank you.

Did you not report me yet?

...Your gas...

Oh dear ......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

These are all Jewish names...where are all the GERMAN statistics and records?

The contents of the books are the Nazi records of the mass killings.....they're quoting from SS documents which were recovered at the end of the war.

A Study of the Reports of the Einsatzgruppen of the Security Police and the Security Service

Was pretty embarrassing the way you were all over her in that thread man.

Had you taken nurofen plus that day, was it?

Was I being extra lecherous? I hope so, I cannot stand doing things in halves.

Tell her I miss her, she will know what I mean. Thanks.

Was I being extra lecherous?

Not really.

It came across more as a little boy fawning over a puppy.

Of course I am. I love it. Ha ha. Your gas. Your making my day here, thank you.

Did you not report me yet?

Glad you are using such a serious subject to have a good laugh.... "Ha Ha"

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

But I am sure they know how many native americans they killed in concentration camps. Being seriously now the few people from USA that I met wouldn't know the difference between Spain and Mexico one time I had to show on google maps where they are located.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

This is good news. It shows that Holocaust lies are fading from consciousness.

The 6 million figure is preposterous. The true number is difficult to estimate, but it's probably closer to half a million or less, and the vast majority of those were a result of disease and starvation when the supplies were cut off.

Jewish pressure groups aren't happy with this development, but that shouldn't worry us. They have used the lie of the six million to guilt trip Europeans and Germans in particular for too long as it is.
    You have to love the internet. Best craic you'll ever see.

Das Reich wrote: »
    But I am sure they know how many native americans they killed in concentration camps. Being seriously now the few people from USA that I met wouldn't know the difference between Spain and Mexico one time I had to show on google maps where they are located.

It is a strange place the US. But they are very smart people. Yes there are lots of people who fall through the education loop. If you are from disadvantaged area it can be very easy to do.

There lies the biggest misconception off the US. Everyone thinks they are living these charmed lives, the reality is dramatically different, they have huge poverty and social issues over there. You either have or you don't have. Some parts of the states are awful.

I like to think that I am the smartest guy in the room. But a friend asked me to pinpoint French Polynesia on a Globe the other day and I hadn't a clue. I have no idea what the 5th largest city in China is , or where it is on a Chinese map. Not everyone has time to work out what the Iberian peninsula is or how long it takes to drive from Guadalajara to Belize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

You have to love the internet. Best craic you'll ever see.

Holocaust denial is illegal in 16 European countries. These posters are lucky Ireland hasn't passed a specific law (yet).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I wish it was a written exam. The question "What was the Holocaust" would illicit some hilarious answers I am sure.

Mocking American education when you don't the difference between 'elicit' and 'illicit' is a bold move.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Surveys are like polls you can get them to say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

I have no issue with the official count. But the fact that questioning it is illegal is terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Ironicname wrote: »
    I have no issue with the official count. But the fact that questioning it is illegal is terrifying.

Questioning it isn't illegal. You think there's no research going on into the Holocaust today, right now, in Germany? https://www.dw.com/en/germany-establishes-its-first-holocaust-studies-professorship/a-38885174

*Denying* as in, "It didn't happen/It's lies" yinno, the kind of thing posted on this thread by the MontgomeryClifts of the world, *that's* denial. And illegal in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Making "holocaust denial" illegal is preposterous.

People should be free to deny or believe anything they wish. Proscribed belief systems, no matter how absurd, should be shunned by everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Holocaust denial includes believing the numbers are lower than 6 million.
    In some places it can lead to prison.

Example
    In the Czech Republic, Holocaust denial and denial of communist-perpetrated atrocities is illegal.
    § 261 The person who publicly declares sympathies with such a movement mentioned in § 260, will be punished by prison from 6 months to 3 years.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

biko wrote: »
    Holocaust denial includes believing the numbers are lower than 6 million.

There are multiple historians who believe the figures are between 5 mm and 6 mm. And some even lower. That is an issue of historical debate.

Holocaust denial laws are generally separate from that and revolve more around repeated denial of the event, "grossly" playing down figures and attempts to justify the Holocaust. Not something I agree with, but it's law in quite a few countries.

Interesting language.

You still live with mummy, don't you?

You know, I think you have moved on to post some interesting content. But that stuff about Aisling provoked lots of what the fook, which cast you in a bad light.

Did you know her personally or something?

Skallywag I appreciate you have an almost elephantlike memory of my thoughts on Ms Thompson. To reiterate what I said, I recall backing her up on a bashing thread, a lot of posters seemed happy to chastise her after her punishment. The fact remains that she is a beautiful looking women. But apart from that I am entitled to back or defend anyone who I please. I would back you up if I felt you were a victim of unfairness or mistreatment and I am sincere about that.

But lets keep things on topic?

Are Americans thick, or is the Holocaust a fallacy?

• Advertisement

Skallywag I appreciate you have an almost elephantlike memory of my thoughts on Ms Thompson...?

Well, to be honest with you, as soon as you made said comments I took one look at your username, and to be honest it just kind of clicked, IAMAMORON.

No elephant in this room.

The Holocaust most certainly happened, there was a massive hatred towards Jews in central europe at this time.

Advertisement