Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers Cork City

Options
  • 23-01-2020 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations for decent barbers and what to avoid!
    Is the barbershop in Wilton Shopping centre any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

It probably depends if youre looking for a simple buzzer cut or have something involved in mind, a lot of barber shops these days seem to be lads giving it a try, and mostly that pans out if they are just shaving a number. I have longer hair so have to be a bit more careful.

100% avoid 'Express' at the bottom of Oliver Plunkett street, have had ok haircuts there before but last time the guy just literally ignored me and kept cutting into my hair at the back making me look bald or sick, absolute joke, I think he might have been stoned. If youre going down that way there is a much more consistently good one at the end of Maylor street, used to be called Reds but now Classic or something. I also like the Grafton Barbers on Careys Lane and Princes street, a bit pricier at close to EUR 20, but they are proper barbers and take good time getting it right.

Cant speak to the Wilton one Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

I've gone to the one in Wilton and found it decent. I suppose it depends what you expect from your barber. I usually go to a Grafton Barbers in town and get blade on the back and sides with scissors on top if that gives you some kind of base line to work from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

If you're looking for something a bit more involved than a simple number all round or just want a great experience, Adam O'Callaghan, based out of Kopper Hair Salon, is fantastic. I've been going to him for the last couple of months. It's a touch more expensive than somewhere like Grafton Barbers but Adam is fantastic. He uses the Booksy app.

Tom Winters is another great place, very much charging a premium for the experience. I went there once before going to Adam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I asked the same question a while back and was recommended Zane, been there ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Sounds good! Thanks for the recommendations!

• Advertisement

Just for men on grand parade are also really good. They use booksy for appointments, but take walk in's as well if there's a gap in the schedule. Bodrums in the English Market are also worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

bingo9999 wrote: »
    It probably depends if youre looking for a simple buzzer cut or have something involved in mind, a lot of barber shops these days seem to be lads giving it a try, and mostly that pans out if they are just shaving a number. I have longer hair so have to be a bit more careful.

100% avoid 'Express' at the bottom of Oliver Plunkett street, have had ok haircuts there before but last time the guy just literally ignored me and kept cutting into my hair at the back making me look bald or sick, absolute joke, I think he might have been stoned. If youre going down that way there is a much more consistently good one at the end of Maylor street, used to be called Reds but now Classic or something. I also like the Grafton Barbers on Careys Lane and Princes street, a bit pricier at close to EUR 20, but they are proper barbers and take good time getting it right.

Cant speak to the Wilton one Im afraid.

Wilton is good,my teen goes regularly,and Uber picky ref his hair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Pen Rua wrote: »
    If you're looking for something a bit more involved than a simple number all round or just want a great experience, Adam O'Callaghan, based out of Kopper Hair Salon, is fantastic. I've been going to him for the last couple of months. It's a touch more expensive than somewhere like Grafton Barbers but Adam is fantastic. He uses the Booksy app.

Another vote for Adam here. Great guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Tom winters on north main street are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

D'Cork Barbering Company in Douglas Court Shopping Centre.
    Walk in's or by appointment

• Advertisement

Looking for recommendations for decent barbers and what to avoid!
    Is the barbershop in Wilton Shopping centre any good?

Hit and miss in Wilton. Staff changes a lot and it's hard to get the same person. Last haircut I had there was excellent, the one before awful. But I've been going there for about three years and overall I find them decent.

Karizma Authentic Turkish Barber Shop - 58 Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork, a great barbers. I don't even live in Cork anymore but still go there once every few weeks when I'm visiting home.
    €15 a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Franco Barbeari which used to be on MacCurtain st but have now moved to Oliver Plunkett st are the best in my opinion. I've been to them all but the crew in Franco are the only ones who know how to handle my curly locks!

Hit and miss in Wilton. Staff changes a lot and it's hard to get the same person. Last haircut I had there was excellent, the one before awful. But I've been going there for about three years and overall I find them decent.
    Regular barber from South Africa there,son swears by him

Regular barber from South Africa there,son swears by him

He wasn't there today. I went for a haircut and the person who butchered me a few months ago was there on her own so I gave it a miss.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone been to mark vincent barber shop?

He wasn't there today. I went for a haircut and the person who butchered me a few months ago was there on her own so I gave it a miss.

Mea culpa, really excuse me , double checked with my kid,Sam he goes too not Wilton ( Kenyan guy uam var Ave, next to the Asian food shop/ chemist)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

I used to love Tom Winters, the only thing is I find it hard to find dates on the booksy app.

Could anyone recommend a barber for my beard.
    Ideally someone who can use scissors, not just clippers and uses oils and balms.

Italix wrote: »
    I used to love Tom Winters, the only thing is I find it hard to find dates on the booksy app.

Could anyone recommend a barber for my beard.
    Ideally someone who can use scissors, not just clippers and uses oils and balms.
    Tom Winters are great for a scissors trim on the beard, but as you say it's almost impossible to get an appointment without two months advance booking. Just for men on the grand parade are almost as good, I'm quite happy with how they trim my beard but they mostly use clippers. They use the same steam machine and balms as Tom Winters.

Advertisement