Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Garden, what next?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I'm interested in your progress as well. We bought a new build last year. This had been seeded prior to our arrival in Autumn last year.

When it came through, the grass crop was pretty dire. Really patchy, and a lot of it was a kind of weedy 70's combover of moss that we just raked off.

On closer inspection, the soil in our garden was of really mixed quality. Loads of rocks, parts of it were really dried out and compacted, other parts overly peaty.

Obviously, there are supply issues at the moment, but I've tried to sort out the worst areas as best i could. I've put down some new topsoil in these bits and raked in more seed, but not seeing much apart from appreciative (and increasingly fat) birds hanging around the place.

I'm hoping the voices of patience above are right and I haven't just tossed a few hundred away for no result whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Oh forgot to update this thread - our grass is looking great. Its been looking great the last 3 weeks TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Oh forgot to update this thread - our grass is looking great. Its been looking great the last 3 weeks TBH.

My fix job has been somewhat successful. The really, really bad areas where I put down fresh topsoil and seed are now stunningly verdant. The areas which I previously deemed acceptable and scattered a bit of seed look shoddy by comparison and still have weed issues. More seed and raking needed.

Advertisement