Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We are 100 seconds from doomsday

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

2020Vision wrote: »

(Although I'm a tiny bit sorry for poor Greta Bunburger who may never see her grandchildren.)

How. DARE. you.

5 to 1 baby, 1 in 5
    No one here gets out alive

When the music's over turn out the lights

gozunda wrote: »
    Whatever does finally get the human race - will be the last thing we suspect...

There's a few lads after catching a cold in China....

We're All Gonna Die.....!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I gladly wait to see how the try to make this b*llox relevant and scary but still keep it before midnight. Are they going to go to 50 seconds next year, then 25, 10, 9, 8..... In about 10 years they'll be half, quarter, eighth....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭FGR

retalivity wrote: »
    Mary Robinson is some dose

And 'The Elders'...wtf kind of pontificating nonsense is that? I bet one is 'the oracle', another is 'the architect'

Aren't they the guys that give John Wick safe harbour in various hotels?

Either way, Keanu Reeves is safe!

• Advertisement

Snotty wrote: »
    I gladly wait to see how the try to make this b*llox relevant and scary but still keep it before midnight. Are they going to go to 50 seconds next year, then 25, 10, 9, 8..... In about 10 years they'll be half, quarter, eighth....

5.... 4..... 3 and a half.......

CageWager wrote: »
    A bunch of people scaremongering to secure their fat cat future creaming massive salaries and research grants from governments, international organisations, and nonprofits.

Depressing that this gets so much agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,435 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Depressing that this gets so much agreement

Don't you know everyone is an expert on Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,442 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Okay, so it's two minutes to four in my time zone. Lots of leeway here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Some quality reporting there from RTE
    RTE wrote:
    The countdown was established in 1947 by experts from The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists who were working on the Manhattan Project to design and build the first atomic bomb.

That must have been before they built the time machine to go back and use the bomb. And then wind up the project in 1946.

Have to say I laughed out loud at their current ad about how they give you unbiased fact-based news reporting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,507 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There's a few lads after catching a cold in China....

We're All Gonna Die.....!!!

Jaysus lads, this post didn't age very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is there a tax I can pay to prevent doomsday, like the tax I pay to prevent the climate change sun to not explode and burn us all?

• Site Banned Posts: 12 Fog Hat

Any update on that woohan China flu thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

biko wrote: »
    Is there a tax I can pay to prevent doomsday, like the tax I prevent for the climate change sun to not explode and burn us all?

No it's not a tax it's a climate reducing fund.... It's going to fund our way out of climate change.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Bearcat1

The Bearcat patiently awaits with much desire for the end of civilization.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

shut up mary.

get the pubs open. sort yer life out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Archeron

And there's a, meeeeeellion voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Notable bullshít in descending order -

Doomdays clock

Astrology

Social Media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It was 2 minutes to midnight in 1983 when Reagan and Gorby's predecessor were rattling (light) sabers and things like the other Star Wars (Strategic Defense (sic) Initiative) were getting us spooked. FGTH caught the zeitgeist with Two Tribes so it wasn't all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Does this have anything to do with the game I use to play on pc called Doom???
    IDDQD

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

robman60 wrote: »
    It loses credibility when for as long as I remember it's been at least five to 12.

It's when it's set back that you have to worry.
    Like terrorism threat levels.

Or the Met Eireann weather warnings.

Advertisement