Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dormant account

Options
  • 23-01-2020 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hello, I have a dormant account that I would like to reactivate. I believe that I will have to go to my local branch but what documentation will I need to provide? If I require proof of address from utility bills do you accept printed copies as few if any companies post physical paper bills to me anymore?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi  There,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.

Yes exactly, it would be necessary to pop in to your local branch with photo ID and a proof of address.

The proof of address document must have your full name and current address on it, they should accept printed copies so long as they are full online utility bills.

The branch staff will be more than happy to help you with this.

Thanks,
    Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stephenglancy

Sounds easy but in reality if you have a joint account this is very complicated. 
    I have been trying for months to get my money (I can still transfer money into the account on my banking 365 but cant withdraw my money). During the first lock down I had to go into the branch in person as this cant be done over the phone. 
    I went to the bank but as this account was setup in 2002 so they needed to add Photo id to the account. The other person that shares the account with me is Australia so they had to send copies of their passport, driving license and a recent correspondence from the bank, after all that i was Then informed after some time that the other person needed to send a letter to the Bank asking for money to be transferred to another account (this needed to be a letter with their original signature, a scanned copy would not be good enough. 
    I asked them why I could still transfer money into this account and they told me that this should not be possible. I asked them to make a "one time" transfer of MY money back into an active joint account and was told that that was not how it worked.
    Frustrating

Advertisement