Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking new oil condensing boiler

• 24-01-2020 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

As above really, has anyone fitted a new one lately?

I've looked at the Grant boilers vortex blue but I'm clueless really, think I really need a boiler asap as I'm having issues with the current one

Any help or advise would be great

Tks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Give details of your existing boiler and problem with it.

Most would go for the Grant vortex. I wouldn't rule out the Firebird enviromax if you're willing to have it serviced annually.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

Wearb wrote: »
    Give details of your existing boiler and problem with it.

Most would go for the Grant vortex. I wouldn't rule out the Firebird enviromax if you're willing to have it serviced annually.

Its seems to be burning alot of oil and is leaving alot of black staining on the wall out the top of the flu...bout 6 months ago it stopped working, had to get 3 diff people who knew how to fix it was a nightmare

Yeah the vortex blue has been recommended a few times never heard or seen anythingbbout the firebird

I'm clueless about it tbh but would like to know a bot before committing to buying any new one...saying that if I could sort the black suit staining with this one it might do another while

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

"Give details of your existing boiler"

Unless it's something really unusual, a sooty boiler isn't a big problem to fix. You really need to consider the competence of the guys that have looked at it.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Wearb wrote: »
    "Give details of your existing boiler"

Unless it's something really unusual, a sooty boiler isn't a big problem to fix. You really need to consider the competence of the guys that have looked at it.

Hi it's a Jetmatic unidare oil boiler

Since I posted its has been worse, the whole wall behind the flu is black and dripping soot stains

Its was serviced before so I dont know what else could be done to fix this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭jimf

canhefixit wrote: »
    Hi it's a Jetmatic unidare oil boiler

Since I posted its has been worse, the whole wall behind the flu is black and dripping soot stains

Its was serviced before so I dont know what else could be done to fix this?

where is boiler situated in house

what your describing doesn't sound very safe

do you have a co alarm in close proximity

• Advertisement

jimf wrote: »
    where is boiler situated in house

what your describing doesn't sound very safe

do you have a co alarm in close proximity

Its located out the back of house

I have co/smoke alarms throughout house

It just seems hard on oil now and the staining issue I may just replace with a new vortex boiler as the last work on this one cost 200 may just be wasting money on this one

Advertisement