Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck on Zero Hours

Options
  • 24-01-2020 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi my employer refuses to chance our zero hour contract to a banded hour contract saying they don't have to as we signed a contract that for no guaranteed hours despite working 30 to 40 hours a week for the last two years.

Do we have a leg to stand on to try and get a new banded hours contract or are we stuff on the zero hours one we sign?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

I think by law they have to update the contracts as zero hours are illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Hi my employer refuses to chance our zero hour contract to a banded hour contract saying they don't have to as we signed a contract that for no guaranteed hours despite working 30 to 40 hours a week for the last two years.

Do we have a leg to stand on to try and get a new banded hours contract or are we stuff on the zero hours one we sign?

Zero hour contracts are now gone. However the banded hours are automatic. If you are consistently doing set hours (unsure of period of time) and it falls within a band that is dictated by the legislation then they are the hours they must give you each week. It maybe that a new contract does not have to be given but the hours etc have to be recorded and the employees band noted.

Advertisement