Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

My thinking is that the key for the barracks is in one of the other two places. My thinking ispub cos it couldve been misplaced by someone having one too many shandys.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Wonder if there might be a way of opening them later in the game? Can we revisit locations?

I've no idea if we can but in case we can and in case we find stuff that would be usefull later I wanted to keep this stuff in mind so noted it. Who knows maybe we can find proper feul for the tank and blow Negan and Co away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Ewan WW wrote: »
    So does one of the other locations hold the key?

Mods, can you return to a location you’ve previously been to in the same day?

Scavengers can do whatever they want. :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Hey everybody, Wendy in the house

Bring any triple baconators?

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Scavengers can do whatever they want. :)

Quick scavengers Seer check everyone :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Theres a 6/22 chance that Negan is among the first people chosen

If he was chosen then he can pick outside those six but if he wasn't then he has to pick in that group. We can't lynch the three who are out scavaging. So should we lynch one of the two remaining security people? I know its unfair on them but the odds are that one of those remaining 5 will be converted.

The counter argument to the picking the same people is that we will then almost be guaranteeing that we will have a walker in that group but if we get lucky then Rick doesn't select a wolf and the wolves are much more likely to hit a newly converted walker

Take this post for example.... I'm not getting the logic in lynching one of the security. I'm sure it's there, I'm just not getting it.

• Advertisement

Henry WW wrote: »
    Bring any triple baconators?
    giphy.gif[img][/img]

So where to next folks? The club and hope we can find some form of key that someone dropped or maybe we can make feul at the gardening place.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif[img][/img]

So where to next folks? The club and hope we can find some form of key that someone dropped or maybe we can make feul at the gardening place.

Boo, a gif is like a joke, never as good once repeated but still

tripple baconator
    giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    So that's a lucky break scavengers can visit the other locations of today,

I don’t actually like this throwaway post very much. Basically we could have gone to two other locations but didn’t but won a map, and only a map to go to the other locations. Not really lucky or unlucky in that sense. The post feels like a fluffy space filler to me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Take this post for example.... I'm not getting the logic in lynching one of the security. I'm sure it's there, I'm just not getting it.

Initially I was thinking we should lynch one of those that was on security last night (Winifred or Emily) but as discussion went on, the probability is that the walkers didn’t get to convert last night as there would have only been 3 to choose from.

It appears there might be some of the bigger guns locked behind massive steel shuttered doors but with no way to gain access they could not get in.

Let's say there are guns, who gets one? Or is there something other than guns in there?

I'm leaning towards this being filler, for now.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

There's also the counter theory that those who try to start an early train are wolves!

Comments like this make it hard for me to belive the "i'm a n00b shtick", along with answering all your own confused questions

I don’t actually like this throwaway post very much. Basically we could have gone to two other locations but didn’t but won a map, and only a map to go to the other locations. Not really lucky or unlucky in that sense. The post feels like a fluffy space filler to me

This is the strongest thing against Pat so far imo, not sure I buy the confused thing to condemn a wolf but fluffy add nothing but comment on events posting is noteworthy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Initially I was thinking we should lynch one of those that was on security last night (Winifred or Emily) but as discussion went on, the probability is that the walkers didn’t get to convert last night as there would have only been 3 to choose from.

So on the nights there's a convert one of the security is munched and one is converted? For some reason I thought it was the scavengers who get converted.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

It appears there might be some of the bigger guns locked behind massive steel shuttered doors but with no way to gain access they could not get in.

Let's say there are guns, who gets one? Or is there something other than guns in there?

I'm leaning towards this being filler, for now.

If it is filler why would you get another trip then?

It means you could visit all 3 locations today if you wanted. I don't see the point of that. That's why I think that extra trip has been given to provide the opportunity to double back on yourselves if you like.

I think its a choice that needs to be made instead of the mods saying "You get two out of three. Actually wait you can have all three"

It means you could visit all 3 locations today if you wanted. I don't see the point of that. That's why I think that extra trip has been given to provide the opportunity to double back on yourselves if you like.

I think its a choice that needs to be made instead of the mods saying "You get two out of three. Actually wait you can have all three"

That's a fair point.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Out of curiousity, have you played any of the recent games? I have and wouldn't be saying I am confused cos of what they are saying above. Kind of think it is nonsense and that a word should not be made unusable or else you are tarred with the wolf brush but still I wouldn't be doing it.

I didn't play in the previoous Walking Dead game, which is as I say confused about the game mechanics, I suppose it will become clear later.

HOWEVER

That doesn't detract from a known game play of wolves trying to form an early train for the most nebulous of reasons

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Anyone here play the first Walking Dead game? was the set up anything similar to this one?

Yes, it was nothing like this set up, well I dont think so from this OP anyway

You don't think that visiting all 3 of day ones locations isn't lucky, well I do.

I didn't play in the previoous Walking Dead game, which is as I say confused about the game mechanics, I suppose it will become clear later.

HOWEVER

That doesn't detract from a known game play of wolves trying to form an early train for the most nebulous of reasons

I asked if you had played in any of the recent games not the past Walking Dead game. It was in those games people made to point of the confused thing being a wolfy action, wether one believes this or not.

However I did ask in general earlier if anyone played the first TWD game, and if there is anything similar to this one of note we should be aware of?

Seems s reasonable possibility. I think it was also mentioned that sites not visited can be used on later days. Probably best if the scavengers keep picking one location at a time and assess afterwards

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    So on the nights there's a convert one of the security is munched and one is converted? For some reason I thought it was the scavengers who get converted.

If I have read things correctly, Rick has chosen 3 scavengers earlier and will choose 3 security at lynch time. These 6 will be the munch targets tomorrow at 10 (based on Rick not choosing a wolf and they munch elsewhere). One of these will also be a conversion target if Rick hasn’t selected a walker.

Only scavengers are immune from lynch so Henry, Riona and Abigail are not up tonight. But, all will be up for tomorrow nights lynch. If auto priest in the morning doesn’t state that the wolves got a walker, then there has to be a walker in one of the other 5. Doesn’t there?

Mary WW wrote: »
    Comments like this make it hard for me to belive the "i'm a n00b shtick", along with answering all your own confused questions

I never said I was Noob, I said I was confused.

HOWEVER

I have eyes on you and Clodagh for actual reasons. You're a fluff machine, and Clodagh is purely mechanics and nothing else at the moment. Cant look at Clod until later but I'm sure it will be illuminating.

Should the scavengers ask the mods what on the map?

Also, swapping the same 6 between guards and scavengers as much as possible will help Rick but not thinning out the pool of players where he can hide. Just a thought that popped in to my head.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Seems s reasonable possibility. I think it was also mentioned that sites not visited can be used on later days. Probably best if the scavengers keep picking one location at a time and assess afterwards

Yeah now that we know it isnt as simple as "Go there and win a prize" that's definitely the way to go

So any preference where we go to next?

Games Tavern or Garden Centre?

Ask the mods what’s on the map.

Mary WW wrote: »
    I have eyes on you and Clodagh for actual reasons. You're a fluff machine, and Clodagh is purely mechanics and nothing else at the moment. Cant look at Clod until later but I'm sure it will be illuminating.

Look as much as you want once it gets you posting little miss nine posts

• Advertisement

Tavern was mentioned as a possibility for keys. Either/ or tbh

Advertisement