Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Can't see why we would go back unless we find something that is hinted at being useful there.

Only things of note were:

Map discovered (allows for shortcuts and another location to be visited)
    Tank with fuel that turned to sludge
    Guns potentially behind locked shutters

I'd wager anything fuel related may be more likely at the garden center but who knows. For all we know we will find something that we need to go gardening to use, or nothing at all

Well since we have a chance to visit another location and havent been given another location, at the moment our options are the garden centre or go back to the army base. Im just saying, unless we are given another location at the tavern, i dont want to go back to the army base without a key.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Why would they want to? unless I am mistaken they cannot be targetted while out. Maybe if they found something awesome at the club and the village cannot use it unless they return first but otherwise I wouldn't see the benefit.

O right never mind me I was thinking of the silent hill game and getting home safe, maybe the dangers referenced in OP are just random then

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Well since we have a chance to visit another location and havent been given another location, at the moment our options are the garden centre or go back to the army base. Im just saying, unless we are given another location at the tavern, i dont want to go back to the army base without a key.

by saying I can't see why they would go back unless they found something useful (a key) I was agreeing with you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    If I have read things correctly, Rick has chosen 3 scavengers earlier and will choose 3 security at lynch time. These 6 will be the munch targets tomorrow at 10 (based on Rick not choosing a wolf and they munch elsewhere). One of these will also be a conversion target if Rick hasn’t selected a walker.

Only scavengers are immune from lynch so Henry, Riona and Abigail are not up tonight. But, all will be up for tomorrow nights lynch. If auto priest in the morning doesn’t state that the wolves got a walker, then there has to be a walker in one of the other 5. Doesn’t there?

Yes because either one of the six was converted or they converted outside the six which one mean one of the six was already a walker.
    Unless we get a key, I am not in favour of going back to the barracks.

Totally agree, no need to go back unless we have something that would help.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Possibly to avoid conversions and munch. Sounds a bit broken if they could tbh

I don't think them coming home would stop a munch / conversion.

by saying I can't see why they would go back unless they found something useful (a key) I was agreeing with you.

I know. I was expanding upon the point we both agree with :D

• Advertisement

Yes because either one of the six was converted or they converted outside the six which one mean one of the six was already a walker.

Totally agree, no need to go back unless we have something that would help.

I don't think them coming home would stop a munch / conversion.

Said as a statement of fact and yet from rule 5 in the OP
    Conversions will happen on a pre determined night by the mods and continue every second night from that point going forward.

How do you know that pre determined night by the mods has already occured?

Said as a statement of fact and yet from rule 5 in the OP

How do you know that pre determined night by the mods has already occured?

Because last night was N0 and tonight was N1 so that's two nights, can't see mods waiting for 3 night phases for the first conversion as it would disadvantage the walkers.

Because last night was N0 and tonight was N1 so that's two nights, can't see mods waiting for 3 night phases for the first conversion as it would disadvantage the walkers.

Am I wrong or is N1 not later and this is D1?

So (if im not wrong) literally we have only had N0 and you just assume and state as fact that someone has been turned

Either there was a conversion last night and mods arent announcing them, or there will be one tonight. Either we didnt find out (and wont) or we will find out.

By all means keep goinng over it, but it seems self resolving or impossible to resolve.

I cant remember many games where conversions werent announced. Including the original TWD game.

• Advertisement

Am I wrong or is N1 not later and this is D1?

So (if im not wrong) literally we have only had N0 and you just assume and state as fact that someone has been turned

But N1 will have happened by the time munch comes around which is what the query I was responding to was discussing.

But N1 will have happened by the time munch comes around which is what the query I was responding to was discussing.

You just seemed very definitive to me. I don't know if a conversion has taken place yet. There was no announcement afterall, although I believe before my time there were games with unannounced conversions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I would imagine, because of the way conversions are explained in the OP, that we might not be told when they happen. Otherwise why not just state when they are going to happen?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I'm late to the conversation but I'd say a conversion would be announced. If there is none by tomorrow then probably not.

You just seemed very definitive to me. I don't know if a conversion has taken place yet. There was no announcement afterall, although I believe before my time there were games with unannounced conversions.

It would be very rare for a game to have a conversion and it not be announced. As Angus said this should be self resolving if the mods announce a conversion in the morning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

3 scavengers , 3 locations, coincidence? Maybe but Assuming a prize (good , bad , neutral ?) can be won and a wolf can be chosen in the scavange hunt, who decides what? How is it decided who gets a prize or do they all get one if they win?

Doris post 274, I thought maybe scavengers were the potential converts aswell. Perhaps they are converted from 1 of the 6 scavengers over 2 nights? So every 2 days we have a 1/6 convert from the scavenger list? This would suggest the first convert will be tomorrow after 2 sets of scavengers have been chosen. At what time I don’t know , if it’s not announced on thread we have to assume by weds that this is how it happens. (2 sets of scavengers , zombies pick one of 6). Would also mean the next conversion is Thursday. I’d say the potential banana skin is if a zombie wins a prize, wonder if they can win an extra convert.

So if this is correct, we should prob keep wolves going after the potential converts. So day 1 and 2 we have 6 scavengers, one of which will be chosen by the walkers. If the wolves kill a scavenger from today in the morning, that leaves the walkers with only 5 potential players they can turn. On weds if Rick picks the same 3 from tomorrow to be security the wolves can potentially get a 1/3 hit on a walker. (Assuming of course they don’t go after Rick which might be wishful thinking). Any wolves care to endorse this idea? :pac:

Ah I don’t know, prob need to think this idea through a bit more.

Anyone else get an image of someone being turned into a walker and walking back to camp pretending to not be a walker, so as to get in. Like

'oh hey bill how was the outside'

'hurr ragghhhasas asacsjdsa'

'yeah tell me about it bud!'

Creative license for flavour, but thats what we are talking about flavour wise if converts arent announced.

Anyone else get an image of someone being turned into a walker and walking back to camp pretending to not be a walker, so as to get in. Like

'oh hey bill how was the outside'

'hurr ragghhhasas asacsjdsa'

'yeah tell me about it bud!'

Creative license for flavour, but thats what we are talking about flavour wise if converts arent announced.

But wouldn't we be in that situation either way? Because we're not going to know who the convert is :D

I dunno how they will do it. If its that way it bangs of Chicken Boo from Animaniacs. Where noone realises he is a chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Gentle Reminder

Can I remind all players that we have newbies on board. Let's be as welcoming and helpful as possible to them.

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    3 scavengers , 3 locations, coincidence? Maybe but Assuming a prize (good , bad , neutral ?) can be won and a wolf can be chosen in the scavange hunt, who decides what? How is it decided who gets a prize or do they all get one if they win?

Doris post 274, I thought maybe scavengers were the potential converts aswell. Perhaps they are converted from 1 of the 6 scavengers over 2 nights? So every 2 days we have a 1/6 convert from the scavenger list? This would suggest the first convert will be tomorrow after 2 sets of scavengers have been chosen. At what time I don’t know , if it’s not announced on thread we have to assume by weds that this is how it happens. (2 sets of scavengers , zombies pick one of 6). Would also mean the next conversion is Thursday. I’d say the potential banana skin is if a zombie wins a prize, wonder if they can win an extra convert.

So if this is correct, we should prob keep wolves going after the potential converts. So day 1 and 2 we have 6 scavengers, one of which will be chosen by the walkers. If the wolves kill a scavenger from today in the morning, that leaves the walkers with only 5 potential players they can turn. On weds if Rick picks the same 3 from tomorrow to be security the wolves can potentially get a 1/3 hit on a walker. (Assuming of course they don’t go after Rick which might be wishful thinking). Any wolves care to endorse this idea? :pac:

Ah I don’t know, prob need to think this idea through a bit more.

My theory was that they were converted while they were out. If they had the option to convert out of the scavengers for 2 days then they could convert someone while they were in camp, but they can't get into camp, or can they? I'm getting a better hold of what's going on but I'm not fully there yet!

Thats not a critique mods - just funny image popped into my head. Loving the flavour!

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Gentle Reminder

Can I remind all players that we have newbies on board. Let's be as welcoming and helpful as possible to them.

What a game to start on! Poor newbies!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Theres a 6/22 chance that Negan is among the first people chosen

If he was chosen then he can pick outside those six but if he wasn't then he has to pick in that group. We can't lynch the three who are out scavaging. So should we lynch one of the two remaining security people? I know its unfair on them but the odds are that one of those remaining 5 will be converted.

The counter argument to the picking the same people is that we will then almost be guaranteeing that we will have a walker in that group but if we get lucky then Rick doesn't select a wolf and the wolves are much more likely to hit a newly converted walker
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Thats not what I'm doing

What I'm doing is coming up with likely scenarios which can help us to pick a group to lynch in or have a strategy.

I was posting to say I think the same 6 people should be reused where they are still available because this could force the wolves to go after the converted walker

All theories are based on assumptions, thats why they are theories and not laws

No way....really?

But seriously.

Why is it a "likely scenario" that there only 1 walker? Why not 2 or 3?

I see this as just picking an idea and running with it regardless (maybe it suits you to)

Op kinda reads like there are more than 1 walker to start with.

"The Walkers - Mindless, flesh eating ghouls who seek to add to their numbers and overwhelm the living. They will convert players to their team."

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Op kinda reads like there are more than 1 walker to start with.

"The Walkers - Mindless, flesh eating ghouls who seek to add to their numbers and overwhelm the living. They will convert players to their team."

I think it's intentionally ambiguous.

If the sentence was "its numbers....it will convert players to its team", we'd know there's one.

With 'they' and 'their' it's non-specific, it could be one, or it could be more.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    My theory was that they were converted while they were out. If they had the option to convert out of the scavengers for 2 days then they could convert someone while they were in camp, but they can't get into camp, or can they? I'm getting a better hold of what's going on but I'm not fully there yet!

If I’m reading it right-

- if no walker is chosen to scavenge they can convert only people chosen to scavenge (only being able to convert scavange and not security people is a theory , not necessarily a fact)
    - if a walker is chosen as a scavenger they can convert anybody in the game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    If I’m reading it right-

- if no walker is chosen to scavenge they can convert only people chosen to scavenge (only being able to convert scavange and not security people is a theory , not necessarily a fact)
    - if a walker is chosen as a scavenger they can convert anybody in the game

Just catching up, I believe this will be the case. Walkers can pick a scavenger but this will be cleared up after the lynch. I think there will be a conversion notice on thread, it might not happen but probably best to stray away from that line of conversation until tomorrow when there’s more of a likelihood that it’s happened already

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I think it's intentionally ambiguous.

If the sentence was "its numbers....it will convert players to its team", we'd know there's one.

With 'they' and 'their' it's non-specific, it could be one, or it could be more.

Plus I think the whole sentence is just describing what the Walkers actually do in the show and there's obviously loads of them in that.

• Advertisement

Were we not supposed to visit somewhere by now?

Advertisement