Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Am I the only one who thinks there’s a major flaw in choosing the same 6 people to rotate for security/scavenging? It may be the paranoia setting in but surely that’s a mechanic that can be manipulated by baddies in that if one of or more of those already chosen is either a wolf/convert they could be lying low for the time being and then hit us when we’re vulnerable.

One of them was munched this morning so a new person will have to be added in so say a kill or conversion happens tomorrow then that new person added can be blamed?

I get the whole hiding rick thing but it would be silly for him to not put himself up for one of the jobs to protect himself

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Checkin in. Havent caught up and wont for some time.

#IdoWhatIWant

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Were we not supposed to visit somewhere by now?

Our choice had to be in by 3. We're visiting there at 5.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Ah ok sorry. And next choice in by 530, visit at 7. Got it.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks there’s a major flaw in choosing the same 6 people to rotate for security/scavenging? It may be the paranoia setting in but surely that’s a mechanic that can be manipulated by baddies in that if one of or more of those already chosen is either a wolf/convert they could be lying low for the time being and then hit us when we’re vulnerable.

One of them was munched this morning so a new person will have to be added in so say a kill or conversion happens tomorrow then that new person added can be blamed?

I get the whole hiding rick thing but it would be silly for him to not put himself up for one of the jobs to protect himself

I think its more likely to help us in the long run in terms of core forming, if its spread around.

Thats not to say there wouldnt be data in picking the same people over again. I think there are benefits to both approaches. But given i havent been picked yet, im in favour of me being picked for something by Rick.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Conor WW wrote: »

There is a risk to every play. I was just suggesting it based on keeping Rick hidden. Since he’s effectively choosing blind (I presume) then he’s as likely to pick a baddy any day (moreso as the numbers dwindle). His first 6 players chosen were statistically unlikely to be bad (maybe 1).

Maybe he should pick another 6 tomorrow and rotate those?! That leaves 12 gone and maybe 10 or so for Rick to hide (presuming a few more dead by tomorrow night - 2 lynches and maybe prize kills?).

But if Rick doesn’t choose himself at all, at any stage, can he actually be killed? Like should we keep killing only people who are on the security/scavange list? I gather I’m missing something but I guess maybe a baddy has to get some prize to kill Rick if yeh only way they can convert or kill is from a list he chooses? Ah wait, if he chooses a baddy they can target him. Answered my own question.

Derry WW wrote: »
    There is a risk to every play. I was just suggesting it based on keeping Rick hidden. Since he’s effectively choosing blind (I presume) then he’s as likely to pick a baddy any day (moreso as the numbers dwindle). His first 6 players chosen were statistically unlikely to be bad (maybe 1).

Maybe he should pick another 6 tomorrow and rotate those?! That leaves 12 gone and maybe 10 or so for Rick to hide (presuming a few more dead by tomorrow night - 2 lynches and maybe prize kills?).

But if Rick doesn’t choose himself at all, at any stage, can he actually be killed? Like should we keep killing only people who are on the security/scavange list? I gather I’m missing something but I guess maybe a baddy has to get some prize to kill Rick if yeh only way they can convert or kill is from a list he chooses? Ah wait, if he chooses a baddy they can target him. Answered my own question.

But to contradict myself , the less different people Rick chooses (early game) increases the chances he won’t pick a baddy? 7 (one dead so another pick tomorrow) out of 24 (?) players is less likely to have a baddy then 13?!

Sorry I’m thinking out loud. Might be only able to drop in and out till later.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Im probably not going to be around much this evening but will pop in when I can. Im off out now to defend the village. I believe Emily needs shift relief over in quadrant 2

I assume FFAs wont be happening tonight given that the lynch is in 5 hours.

If people have reasons to suspect 3 people, post them. I dont (for 3 people). Nothing has really happened yet beyond Pat not being confused.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Anyone else get an image of someone being turned into a walker and walking back to camp pretending to not be a walker, so as to get in. Like

'oh hey bill how was the outside'

'hurr ragghhhasas asacsjdsa'

'yeah tell me about it bud!'

Creative license for flavour, but thats what we are talking about flavour wise if converts arent announced.

Ah no, I assumed it was more Bill gets a small bite on the arm and in best zombie movie form decides he’ll be grand and heads back to camp

'oh hey bill! That arm looks painful'

'hurr ragghhhasas asacsjdsa'

'A racing accident you say? Well gee get well soon anyway!'

• Advertisement

This stuff really rights itself.

*writes.

**** sake; my spelling is gone to ****.

*writes.

**** sake; my spelling is gone to ****.

Or maybe you are bill slowly starting to lose his faculties! I hear the first thing a person loses is their capacity to spel.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Went back to check why Gabriel was targetted as it always annoys me when nobody looks into why someone died but I guess his is kind of obvious. I mean you could argue it was cos he was after Wini somewhat or to shade Wini but more likely his was targetted cos he said he was Rick!

Surprised annyone would believe Rick would out himself straight off the bat but fair play if thats why, you drew a kill and did your job as a NRV.

I don't think 3 people have stood out enough to make an FFA tonight and although I do agree with some of the points made about Pat I do kind of worry that he is being made the easy target / bandwagon despite not doing much more sus than anyone else

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

If he hasn't picked a walker by tomorrow morning then one of the people he has picked will be a walker by conversion unless we a really lucky and the wolves and walkers pick the same player. So basicall you are gaurenteed to have a walker if you pick the same people.

Or maybe you are bill slowly starting to lose his faculties! I hear the first thing a person loses is their capacity to spel.

i-see-what-you-did-there-gif-14.gif

But to contradict myself , the less different people Rick chooses (early game) increases the chances he won’t pick a baddy? 7 (one dead so another pick tomorrow) out of 24 (?) players is less likely to have a baddy then 13?!

Sorry I’m thinking out loud. Might be only able to drop in and out till later.

Here’s my take on it

Rick picks six each day. If he picks a wolf or walker they can attack the main village. For the wolves that’s not so clever unless they have some other powers since they end up revealing themselves. Might be ok if there’s a value target but early game it’s risky.

For the walkers, being picked is ideal however, since that embeds them in the village rather than just a block of 6. Basically, if we quarantine the walkers into those blocks of 6 we (almost) always know a block with a walker, one every two days. Rick just has to keep distinct groups every conversion day. The only exception is if an original Walker is in a group. That means we need to catch the original walkers fairly quickly- I’m assuming there’s one to start with, though 2 is possible. If we catch them then it opens up the scenarios on any quarantine groups- if an original Walker was in a group then we may have village infection etc. It does possibly require that we find out if someone was an original walker however

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Went back to check why Gabriel was targetted as it always annoys me when nobody looks into why someone died but I guess his is kind of obvious. I mean you could argue it was cos he was after Wini somewhat or to shade Wini but more likely his was targetted cos he said he was Rick!

Surprised annyone would believe Rick would out himself straight off the bat but fair play if thats why, you drew a kill and did your job as a NRV.

I don't think 3 people have stood out enough to make an FFA tonight and although I do agree with some of the points made about Pat I do kind of worry that he is being made the easy target / bandwagon despite not doing much more sus than anyone else

I would agree with this, I am not sure who I am voting tonight but it wont be Patrick. There are new players and they will get some parts of the game quicker then others. Its way too soon to throw out the "possem" card and a lazy night one lynch target . . Although to be fair I think night 1 lynches are a crap shoot.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Sorry guys, just catching up now.
    What are our options for the bonus visit @7:30?

By all means suggest a valid, reasoned alternative, Derry.

• Advertisement

If Pat is new, what i would recommend is he step forward and make his case.

Because unfortunately it looks like he isnt new and that he is just laying low; and if thats not the case he should say so.

Mary WW wrote: »
    Comments like this make it hard for me to belive the "i'm a n00b shtick", along with answering all your own confused questions

This point was made earlier regarding Pat's newness.

Once a wolf or walker is in the group picked they could target rick

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Abigail WW wrote: »

Either return to the barracks or go to the garden center. Gotta see what is at the boozer before deciding if it's worth returning to where we have already been or going to the final location though.

Only 30m to decide so hopefully there is a scavenger online then

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

What I can see without reading back is that nothing has really happened yet besides opting to lynch the first villager who sneezed.

Bravo Village.

Abigail WW wrote: »

Actually, what i meant to say is it still the original 3 options? So if we find something at the Tavern that could help us get the guns from location 1 we go back there or if not we go to garden centre?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

If people have reasons to suspect 3 people, post them. I dont (for 3 people). Nothing has really happened yet beyond Pat not being confused.
    Oh I'm still well confused, but I would have 2 of 3 for an FEE based on trying to form a train so early on

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Either return to the barracks or go to the garden center. Gotta see what is at the boozer before deciding if it's worth returning to where we have already been or going to the final location though.

Only 30m to decide so hopefully there is a scavenger online then

Cheers Nigel. I'll be online.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    What I can see without reading back is that nothing has really happened yet besides opting to lynch the first villager who sneezed.

Bravo Village.

And what I can see from your two posts is that you don’t seem to give a toss.

I’d like it if I’m wrong and you tried to give a hand

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Checkin in. Havent caught up and wont for some time.

#IdoWhatIWant

This is where my vote is going unless something happens in the meantime. I don't like the post, especially the hashtag - no room for laziness when we have a village to protect.

Advertisement