Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    What I can see without reading back is that nothing has really happened yet besides opting to lynch the first villager who sneezed.

Bravo Village.

Ok ok, tell us what you’ve found to change the village course so Brendo Two Posts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

What I can see without reading back is that nothing has really happened yet besides opting to lynch the first villager who sneezed.

Bravo Village.

By all means.....suggest an alternative.

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Oh I'm still well confused, but I would have 2 of 3 for an FEE based on trying to form a train so early on

And they are....

Oh I'm still well confused, but I would have 2 of 3 for an FEE based on trying to form a train so early on

Post it up so

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Here’s my take on it

Rick picks six each day. If he picks a wolf or walker they can attack the main village. For the wolves that’s not so clever unless they have some other powers since they end up revealing themselves. Might be ok if there’s a value target but early game it’s risky.

For the walkers, being picked is ideal however, since that embeds them in the village rather than just a block of 6. Basically, if we quarantine the walkers into those blocks of 6 we (almost) always know a block with a walker, one every two days. Rick just has to keep distinct groups every conversion day. The only exception is if an original Walker is in a group. That means we need to catch the original walkers fairly quickly- I’m assuming there’s one to start with, though 2 is possible. If we catch them then it opens up the scenarios on any quarantine groups- if an original Walker was in a group then we may have village infection etc. It does possibly require that we find out if someone was an original walker however

Let me see if I can put down what I think may be the case:

- Walkers may only be chosen from Scavengers list, Unless a walker is one of those scavengers.
    - Lets presume there will be no conversion until the next 3 scavengers are chosen.
    - If all three scavengers survive today (presume theres no booby traps or extra deaths) then thats 6 potential scavengers Walkers can choose tomorrow to convert
    - If we choose the three scavengers from today it means the wolves will reduce that potential scavengers list down to 5.

Today and tomorrow are statistically the least likely that a wolf/walker will be in our list of 6. If a wolf uses a kill outside of that list we will know there was a wolf in the list. This means there is a relatively low (but possible) chance there is a walker.

The extra issue of course is if a walker is converted and we are not informed of it.

So asides from it protecting Rick, it seems like it may even force our walker to choose one from the 3 of the 2nd night "scavenger" list. This would be if the wolf kill happens before the convert.

So we have :

Security: Gabriel, Winni, Emily (Gabriel presumably killed by Neghead)
    Scavaging: Henry , Abigail, Riona (potential Zombie)

Tomorrow

Security: Henry , Abigail, Riona (potential Zombie but one will be killed by wolves)
    Scavenging: Gabriel, Winni, A.N other - (one to be converted to zombie)

So if wolves Kill one of Henry/Abigail/Riona, then the zombies only can choose between 5 remaining Scavengers.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

This is where my vote is going unless something happens in the meantime. I don't like the post, especially the hashtag - no room for laziness when we have a village to protect.

Yep me too.

It’s they are not bothered to read the thread that’ll do for me. The other rubbish confirms it

Derry WW wrote: »

- Walkers may only be chosen from Scavengers list, Unless a walker is one of those scavengers.
    - Lets presume there will be no conversion until the next 3 scavengers are chosen.
    - If all three scavengers survive today (presume theres no booby traps or extra deaths) then thats 6 potential scavengers Walkers can choose tomorrow to convert
    - If we choose the three scavengers from today it means the wolves will reduce that potential scavengers list down to 5.

Today and tomorrow are statistically the least likely that a wolf/walker will be in our list of 6. If a wolf uses a kill outside of that list we will know there was a wolf in the list. This means there is a relatively low (but possible) chance there is a walker.

The extra issue of course is if a walker is converted and we are not informed of it.

So asides from it protecting Rick, it seems like it may even force our walker to choose one from the 3 of the 2nd night "scavenger" list. This would be if the wolf kill happens before the convert.

So we have :

Tomorrow

Security: Henry , Abigail, Riona (potential Zombie but one will be killed by wolves)

So if wolves Kill one of Henry/Abigail/Riona, then the zombies only can choose between 5 remaining Scavengers.

Wait wait based on this, we would be letting the zombie guard the place? And thus convert anyone.

So should we not try to keep the potential zombies off guard duty.

Clodagh bringing back #clodemode. Im liking it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

So we have :

Tomorrow

Where did Riona being a potential zombie come from, did I miss something happening?

Angus WW wrote: »
    Wait wait based on this, we would be letting the zombie guard the place? And thus convert anyone.

So should we not try to keep the potential zombies off guard duty.

I am presuming that a zombie has not been chosen in our first 6 Security/Scavange. I am also assuming Zombie can only choose from list of scavengers unless they have been chosen themselves which is possible but unlikely I think at this stage. I am also assuming the first convert is not until tomorrow (after 6 scavangers have been chosen).

If the wolves kill one scavenger, they reduce the numbers for the converted walker to hide. We can actually lynch another tomorrow with a 1/5 chance of getting one. Not sure thats a super plan as its unfair on those chosen but its one strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

No way....really?

But seriously.

Why is it a "likely scenario" that there only 1 walker? Why not 2 or 3?

I see this as just picking an idea and running with it regardless (maybe it suits you to)

Well you have to start somewhere, I'm trying to increase the odds of us hitting a baddie, or forcing the wolves to have high odds of hitting a baddie.

That and in the absence of any other information I think that there is one walker to start with

I'm not sure why you're going with a destructive criticism approach

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

And what I can see from your two posts is that you don’t seem to give a toss.

I’d like it if I’m wrong and you tried to give a hand

Give a toss? Get off your hogh horse, I have a life outside of Werewolf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

@ Derry - where are you getting that the walkers can only convert from the scavengers?

From this in the op I would have thought they could convert any of the six?
    Only the six players selected are available for the kills or converts

Where did Riona being a potential zombie come from, did I miss something happening?

Its not just Riona who is a potential zombie convert, its any of the scavengers chosen for the first 2 days. (Apologies that wasnt meant to look like I was suggesting Riona was a zombie, just that any three on that line can be converted).

@ Derry - where are you getting that the walkers can only convert from the scavengers?

I think you need to adjust your assumptions based on this Derry. At least as an exercise in keeping an open mind.

So we have :

Tomorrow

Op is less clear I think I read it as
    Only the six players selected are available for the kills or converts… unless….

So the six are all possible kills and converts. Granted flavour wise it would be more sensible if only scavengers were possible. A quarantine of 3 every two nights is easier than 6 every two nights so I think it would be unfair on the walker team but I guess it could be two sets of scavengers. Which it is will make a big difference to the best strategy for us to use. We could have an effective rolling quarantine of 4 under your scenario which is at least manageable

@mods are security eligible for conversion or just scavengers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Mod Announcement:

Since the question has been asked, all six chosen are eligible for kills OR conversions, as per the OP.

This is a theory BTW. I am guessing/presuming it based off Wolves killing from the Security list and Walkers getting to choose off the Scavengers list.

Wolves get conversions every second day. It makes sense to me that the list is prohibited to 6 rather then 12 from a village trying to find POV. By day 3 we may potentially have 18 different security/scavangers if thats the case which doesnt really give us much hope of narrowing down converts. .

Again, this is not fullproof, its just a way to try and come up with some sort of strategy for Rick. If everybody or most engage on what Rick should do, Rick might be able to leave some clues around that we can look back on if he dies ?!

Two people a wagon does not make...

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Well you have to start somewhere, I'm trying to increase the odds of us hitting a baddie, or forcing the wolves to have high odds of hitting a baddie.

That and in the absence of any other information I think that there is one walker to start with

I'm not sure why you're going with a destructive criticism approach

I just asked why 1 walker? You seem to have just decided that for your hypothetical scenario 1 walker works best so that’s that. Why not more? I don’t see what is destructively critical about that

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Mod Announcement:

Since the question has been asked, all six chosen are eligible for kills OR conversions, as per the OP.

Well theres an afternoon wasted . . .

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

But to contradict myself , the less different people Rick chooses (early game) increases the chances he won’t pick a baddy? 7 (one dead so another pick tomorrow) out of 24 (?) players is less likely to have a baddy then 13?!

Sorry I’m thinking out loud. Might be only able to drop in and out till later.

Its quiet a complex problem so I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.

I would agree with the above though, that by limiting the people sent out you are more likely to force the walker (or walkers) to pick from that group (As its more likely the walker is not in that group 72%). By doing that we are also likely to be forcing the wolves to hunt in that group because they want the walkers dead even more than we do.

In a normal game wolves like to keep the SK alive to keep the kill rate high but in this wolves will need to be catching those b@stards immediately

So statistically I think we are better to keep the group together, lynch outside it and just add people to it as they are munched.

IMO this theory stands whether there are 1 or 2 or 3 walkers to begin with, the odds are still that they are not in that original group. Obviously the odds change as new people are added

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Mod Announcement:

Until we know conversions are announced, i suggest that we rotate the 6. I think we will find out between lynch and munch, so it would only be for this evening anyway.

Give a toss? Get off your hogh horse, I have a life outside of Werewolf

As we all do. But we also all signed up to play the game. Just don’t see the point of your posts so far

I would agree with the above though, that by limiting the people sent out you are more likely to force the walker (or walkers) to pick from that group (As its more likely the walker is not in that group 72%). By doing that we are also likely to be forcing the wolves to hunt in that group because they want the walkers dead even more than we do.

In a normal game wolves like to keep the SK alive to keep the kill rate high but in this wolves will need to be catching those b@stards immediately

So statistically I think we are better to keep the group together, lynch outside it and just add people to it as they are munched.

IMO this theory stands whether there are 1 or 2 or 3 walkers to begin with, the odds are still that they are not in that original group. Obviously the odds change as new people are added

This is a good explanation of the plan. Thank you.

Two people a wagon does not make...
    Two people trying to START a wagon I said.

Ah ok. So, would you care to speak as to your earlier confusion that was the basis of the wagon? Or just gonna ignore what was said about you?

Until we know conversions are announced, i suggest that we rotate the 6. I think we will find out between lynch and munch, so it would only be for this evening anyway.

Yep, I think that announcement pretty much makes that strategy more relevant now.

• Advertisement

Please correct me if im wrong but if there ARE walkers in the original 6 and they keep getting rotated, wont that mean that munches / conversions wont happen within those 6? As in, the walkers will be in the village and can convert whomever.

Like conversions are (imo) likely to start tonight/tomorrow, so that there was none yesterday wouldnt mean we should keep the same 6 on the basis of no walker being there.

Advertisement