Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Give a toss? Get off your hogh horse, I have a life outside of Werewolf

Very aggressive/strange posting from someone who has just come on and their sole contribution is to say bravo village

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Please correct me if im wrong but if there ARE walkers in the original 6 and they keep getting rotated, wont that mean that munches / conversions wont happen within those 6? As in, the walkers will be in the village and can convert whomever.

Like conversions are (imo) likely to start tonight/tomorrow, so that there was none yesterday wouldnt mean we should keep the same 6 on the basis of no walker being there.

It's hard to know with the walkers, we have no way of knowing if a walker was in the original group. And if there was no walker in the original group there will defo be one after the first conversion, leaving the walkers to convert whoever they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

The scavengers took a little while to rest themselves then headed to their next location.

Again en route the roads were quiet and they arrived without any issues.

The tavern doors were shut, and one scavenger attempted to open the doors - which were unlocked.

bar.jpg

On entering the tavern they saw various posters adorning the wall. Some printouts from MSPaint, pictures of sheep, spreadsheets for various tournaments, a Codenames game on a table, some sort of sign-up list to run games of werewolf and even a small nook marked 'D&D'.

The scavengers gathered the liquor they could find but there was nothing else of note.

As they were leaving however, they heard a slight ping as Riona WW made to go through the back door into the kitchen.

The door swung open and an axe shot out and cleaved half of their head off.

The last image Riona ever saw was the writing on the axe as it swung towards them - 'Simon was ere'

Riona WW collapsed to the ground, dead.

She was

giphy.gif

Michonne - Walker Hunter

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I havent explained that well at all babs.

Basically im saying i dont think its a 72% chance there isnt a walker in that group.

And that if there is, any data we would get from the walker being in that group goes out the window if they get a job tonight.

Its been a long day. I could be crazy. Please point out if i am.

Please correct me if im wrong but if there ARE walkers in the original 6 and they keep getting rotated, wont that mean that munches / conversions wont happen within those 6? As in, the walkers will be in the village and can convert whomever.

Like conversions are (imo) likely to start tonight/tomorrow, so that there was none yesterday wouldnt mean we should keep the same 6 on the basis of no walker being there.

Yes, thats why I'm saying its statistically 72% there isn't a walker there based on there being one walker to start off with

However, IF there was a walker in that 6 and the wolves do as I predict then they have a 1 in 5 shot of hitting them tomorrow morning and in theory they should keep shooting there in the absence of any better information.

Like I said earlier, these are just theories based on limited info

• Advertisement

Well ****. RIP Riona.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Balls to that. Not a good trip. I don’t really know the series. Is Simon a character in it?

Ok what just happened? Was not expecting that.

Have the other scavengers escaped?

Balls to that. Not a good trip. I don’t really know the series. Is Simon a character in it?

Yeah Negan's right hand man.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Wasn't Riona the one to actually nominate the Tavern?

• Advertisement

Interesting though that there was also nothing of note in this location - so that is two trips with no rewards, just a lost villager (I'm assuming Michonne is good?)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Gathered the liqor
    "Simon was here" axe killed Riona/Michonne (Walker hunter)

Okay that sucks.

See no reason to return to the barracks yet myself

Simon was Negan's guy played by the dude from GTA V iirc

Riona WW wrote: »
    Right to the Forum games tavern please
    Henry WW wrote: »
    Wasn't Riona the one to actually nominate the Tavern?

You're right, must be why she died over the others?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

This is true, but right now is statistically the least likely there is a walker in the group.

Just a general question here. Can we in theory keep rotating the same players ? like it says you cant have security guards on consecutive nights but can you keep rotating them between security and Scavenge ?

The risk is of course you are letting a Zombie into the village (which will always be a risk). But if we in essence keep killing off (wolves and village) the first 7 players (between today and tomorrow) from the security/scavange, we guarantee a walker at least. The benefit is of course killing at least one walker and protecting Rick. Downside is that we dont learn much else and by not taking risks we probably leave wolves safe as houses so its a bad plan on that logic (just statistically killing off a load of villagers to maybe get one walker and protect Rick).

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Gathered the liqor
    "Simon was here" axe killed Riona/Michonne (Walker hunter)

Okay that sucks.

See no reason to return to the barracks yet myself

Simon was Negan's guy played by the dude from GTA V iirc

Agree, we have no keys or anything. The question is do we risk going to the garden centre or not? Could be another trick or would the mods be so cruel to have two location out of three as death traps?

Agree, we have no keys or anything. The question is do we risk going to the garden centre or not? Could be another trick or would the mods be so cruel to have two location out of three as death traps?

I would not think they would but that may not have been the mods, Simon is Negan's man afterall so maybe it was his power to be able to booby trap a location.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

So there is booby traps on the scavenger hunt . .

Hmm , so do we think that if one of the 3 is a wolf they can turn it against the others ? Or do we think its just flavor using Simons name ? Or is one of the scavenger games potentially a "simon" game until he dies ?

Also, does this mean we can use this like the last game whereby we try and get suspected people (on the 3 scavenger list) to choose one of these potential booby traps ? So if you refuse to make a choice, we lynch you ? (Baddies wont want to take the risk of being killed like Riona).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

I think you have to go to all the locations rather than return empty handed, maybe another will die but nothing ventured and all that

Derry WW wrote: »
    So there is booby traps on the scavenger hunt . .

Hmm , so do we think that if one of the 3 is a wolf they can turn it against the others ? Or do we think its just flavor using Simons name ? Or is one of the scavenger games potentially a "simon" game until he dies ?

Also, does this mean we can use this like the last game whereby we try and get suspected people (on the 3 scavenger list) to choose one of these potential booby traps ? So if you refuse to make a choice, we lynch you ? (Baddies wont want to take the risk of being killed like Riona).

Possibly but there's no guarantee that who suggests the location will be killed and instead get a reward, so why wouldn't a wolf if there is one not do it, half a chance rather than a lynch

13 minutes to name the 3rd location if either of the 2 remaining scavengers are here

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Its quiet a complex problem so I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.

I would agree with the above though, that by limiting the people sent out you are more likely to force the walker (or walkers) to pick from that group (As its more likely the walker is not in that group 72%). By doing that we are also likely to be forcing the wolves to hunt in that group because they want the walkers dead even more than we do.

In a normal game wolves like to keep the SK alive to keep the kill rate high but in this wolves will need to be catching those b@stards immediately

So statistically I think we are better to keep the group together, lynch outside it and just add people to it as they are munched.

IMO this theory stands whether there are 1 or 2 or 3 walkers to begin with, the odds are still that they are not in that original group. Obviously the odds change as new people are added

I'm sure that you mean well but as soon as a walker is not selected then a walker is converted and so the group will have a walker..

Have to go to the flower shop. No way we’ve been given 3 locations, 3 visits and we only get dead goodies out of it. If there is nothing there then I might have a theory brewing but I’ll hold off on putting it out for the minute

Have to go to the flower shop. No way we’ve been given 3 locations, 3 visits and we only get dead goodies out of it. If there is nothing there then I might have a theory brewing but I’ll hold off on putting it out for the minute

need a scavenger to make the call and their time is running out

Nigel WW wrote: »
    need a scavenger to make the call and their time is running out

Did someone not say to you that they’d be online?

Did someone not say to you that they’d be online?

Abigail :(

Night Zero Security Gabriel WW ( Killed NRV ) Winifred WW Emily WW
    DAY ONE Scavengers Henry WW Abigail WW Riona WW Killed Booby Trap 27/1 17.00

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Go to GARDEN CENTRE

Phil WW wrote: »
    I'm sure that you mean well but as soon as a walker is not selected then a walker is converted and so the group will have a walker..

Nice and patronizing but let me return the favour,

thats the whole point, if there isnt a walker in that group then there will be after the first conversion, we'll know for definite, so either way theres going to be a walker in that group after the first conversion, by keeping them together we're giving the wolves targets, at least up until Wednesday night.
    I know its a difficult game Philly but you're doing great, keep it up sport

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Go to GARDEN CENTRE

put your clothes back on Abi (I guess)

• Advertisement

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Go to GARDEN CENTRE

We can see all of your sixoes, please put on some socks

Advertisement