Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Mod seemed to confirm here

On another note is isoing peoples posts buggy for others using the mobile site? Quite a few times now it can’t find any posts for some players when I look for them

I thought that was confirming that all six of the security and scavengers could theoretically be converted. Are we taking that to mean that it’s only the 6 on the day of the conversion or is it the potential 12 (conversion every 2 days) ?

I’ve been talking about keeping the same people each day as much to limit the amount of people who can be converted and to protect Rick a bit. But it only being 6 on the day makes it easier to search.

I pondered whether to ask this on thread because I was worried that walker potentially uses the idea. It’s says in OP

Should one be converted they will lose access to their living abilities and become a mindless zombie.

Does this mean they will lose a prize aswell? Cause I was wondering why the scavenger who got something In one of the locations hadn’t come out on thread with their prize and if the walker could potentially convert them.

Do we think they should come out on thread? If so, maybe we could force them to come out tomorrow by putting both up for lynch? Again, just a strategy so no need for them to panic or come out with their prize on thread if they feel it’s best to keep it secret.

But usually prizes won by villagers are announced on thread and those who keep their prizes secret isn’t seen as a village play.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I thought that was confirming that all six of the security and scavengers could theoretically be converted. Are we taking that to mean that it’s only the 6 on the day of the conversion or is it the potential 12 (conversion every 2 days) ?

I’ve been talking about keeping the same people each day as much to limit the amount of people who can be converted and to protect Rick a bit. But it only being 6 on the day makes it easier to search.

I pondered whether to ask this on thread because I was worried that walker potentially uses the idea. It’s says in OP

Should one be converted they will lose access to their living abilities and become a mindless zombie.

Does this mean they will lose a prize aswell? Cause I was wondering why the scavenger who got something In one of the locations hadn’t come out on thread with their prize and if the walker could potentially convert them.

Do we think they should come out on thread? If so, maybe we could force them to come out tomorrow by putting both up for lynch? Again, just a strategy so no need for them to panic or come out with their prize on thread if they feel it’s best to keep it secret.

But usually prizes won by villagers are announced on thread and those who keep their prizes secret isn’t seen as a village play.

I think maybe we just have a chat with Abigail tomorrow and take it from there. They may have their reasons for holding back so no point doing anything until we’ve explored it a bit further.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

It says it quiet clearly in the OP that it’s limited to 6

Only the six players selected are available for the kills or converts

Barbara WW wrote: »
    It says it quiet clearly in the OP that it’s limited to 6

Only the six players selected are available for the kills or converts

It says

Only the six players selected are available for the kills or converts… unless….

So let’s say the convert happens on night 2. So we are taking it that only the 6 people chosen on day 2 can be converted? So the 6 chosen on night 1 can’t or won’t be converted? This is my point, is it 6 or 12?

Tho means without knowing which night the converts start we aren’t really in much better a position because we don’t know who out of today and tomorrow could be converted. Unless of course the conversion is announced on thread which basically means we know at least 1/6 where a walker is.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Lynch Day 1

Votes Lynchee No. Of Votes
    Mary WW, Angus WW, Clodagh WW, Barbara WW Patrick WW 4
    Gertrude WW, Winifred WW, Doris WW, Phil WW Brendan WW 4
    Oisin WW, Desmond WW, Conor WW Derry WW 3
    Patrick WW, Brendan WW Angus WW 2
    Wendy WW, Liam WW Clodagh WW 2
    Ewan WW Emily WW 1
    Nigel WW Gertrude WW 1
    Emily WW Mary WW 1
    Derry WW Oisin WW 1

Patrick WW was lynched on the basis of LAST VOTE CAST

Might as well explain my vote. I actually think it'd be beneficial if everyone did the same.

D1 so very little to go on but I did question if Patrick was the easy option for a wagon to be formed on early on and thought it was over very little really so I would not be voting here. Seems that was correct as he has been shown as a NRV

I voted very early and voted for Gert who stated as a matter of fact (not opinion) there had been a conversion. I get why they may have thought it probably but thats not how they stated it. They were also the first to state they were going to vote for Brendan and although he could be dodgy he just seemed like such an easy excusable vote despite drawing attention to himself in a way I wouldn't have expected from a baddie.

I worry we may not be able to use wagonomics though as I'm not sure the wolves will be sharing who they are with each other incase they are converted but...

If a wolf is converted, they will lose access to their BR and it'll then be obvious that they have been converted and would surely be the next target for the wolves if they had shared IDs with each other.

• Advertisement

It says

Only the six players selected are available for the kills or converts… unless….

So let’s say the convert happens on night 2. So we are taking it that only the 6 people chosen on day 2 can be converted? So the 6 chosen on night 1 can’t or won’t be converted? This is my point, is it 6 or 12?

Tho means without knowing which night the converts start we aren’t really in much better a position because we don’t know who out of today and tomorrow could be converted. Unless of course the conversion is announced on thread which basically means we know at least 1/6 where a walker is.

The unless clearly refers to a different sentence about a wolf or walker being in that six. That six will have to be the six that are live at the time of conversion

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Derry, to me this screams...I'm a wolf, I know Abi isn't a wolf....so... lets get her lynched so she can't use what she found against us....or.... lets force her to tell us so we can decide if it's safe to munch her....

This is the Wolfiest thing I've read so far and I'll be keeping a close eye on you today.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Why I voted for Derry:

- Started off with a couple of posts about people not talking game mechanics and the total post count, assuming an active baddie team.

- First to suggest rotating the original six between duties but keeping the same people. This is the biggest thing for me as I’ve already said it on thread with a post suggesting it’s open to manipulation. Funnily enough I was thinking of you Derry when I wrote it and you responded to that post.

- The way I see it is say Derry is a wolf and knows one of the chosen is a wolf buddy then he can push to keep them as one of the chosen and lay low until the perfect time to strike against the village. I said this much in my other post without using Derry as an example.

- He spoke a couple of times about putting a walker into the village if the same people are picked but that it’s better to protect rick than gain information. Which to me is crazy considering a walker could easily turn Rick and chaos would ensue.

- Spoke another couple of times about getting the wolves to take out the walkers.

- Questions whether wolves will know each other and whether wagonomics will work. Read a bit like trying to put doubt on vote analysis. Now I’m no expert but to me just ruling it out seems like a bad idea.

I don’t know even after reading back it’s hard for me to pinpoint exactly what it is but he still gets my back up. He reads like a helpful villager but when you pay attention to his posts he’s somewhat working against it in ways like suggesting the wolves take out the walkers which is something we can’t count on or discrediting wagonomics but everything is put out in a way like it’s a question or just thinking out loud so it’s not concrete but it’s still being put out there and confusing things rather than helping the situation for example talking about the number of scavengers/security that can be converted, he’s talking about it but he’s not helping because he’s talking about there being a bigger pool than the six which is clearly stated in the OP so it’s just confusing things.

So there you go Derbear, open to any and all questions you have or counter argument you have to the above

Also morning folks :)

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Derry, to me this screams...I'm a wolf, I know Abi isn't a wolf....so... lets get her lynched so she can't use what she found against us....or.... lets force her to tell us so we can decide if it's safe to munch her....

This is the Wolfiest thing I've read so far and I'll be keeping a close eye on you today.

giphy.gif

This is actually a good example of what I was saying. It’s like oh this is just a strategy so no need to panic but I’m just going to leave these breadcrumbs here and see what happens

Conor WW wrote: »

- Spoke another couple of times about getting the wolves to take out the walkers.

I don’t know even after reading back it’s hard for me to pinpoint exactly what it is but he still gets my back up. He reads like a helpful villager but when you pay attention to his posts he’s somewhat working against it

Good post Conor, I like a lot of it, I have literally just added a note about Derry that he seems to be working against the village.

Not to defend him but I actually would agree with the two points I've left from your quote. I do think the wolves should go after the walkers, they are the biggest risk to the walkers and killing one of them is a lot better than killing a villager.

Separately on the wagonomics I think any wolf in danger would out himself to his BR to save himself and take the chance that no one would get turned

• Advertisement

Morning folks

Probably would be an idea to have a bit more structure today. FFAs would be good for example. A lot of votes last night that I can’t see a reason for and some of those will be lazy wolves dropping a vote somewhere safe. It’s possible that wolves tried to play lower impact votes if they don’t know their teammate, but that’s not certain. Vote analysis will almost certainly be harder this game.

For reference, my own vote for Patrick was based on a few little things throughout that day which had been called out. He seemed to have posts that just didn’t feel like they were there to help the village

On those vote, Liam can you explain your vote for me?

Also, I’m going to be keeping an eye on you for other reasons- someone with five posts where three of those basically just quote the OP doesn’t seem to be helpful to the village somehow

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

On those vote, Liam can you explain your vote for me?

Also, I’m going to be keeping an eye on you for other reasons- someone with five posts where three of those basically just quote the OP doesn’t seem to be helpful to the village somehow

That is basically why I voted for brendan, I haven't got a clue who is what but four posts seems very low and they are either critical or defensive.

Its a pet hate of mine when people go after someone who has won a prize and doesn't reveal it. 99.9% of the time they are good and the prize they have can be of use to the town but we hound them until they either reveal or use the prize.

Use it whenever you see fit

giphy.gif
    This is actually a good example of what I was saying. It’s like oh this is just a strategy so no need to panic but I’m just going to leave these breadcrumbs here and see what happens

Are you guys serious?

So it’s more important to call me a wolf for making a suggestion then actually discussing that suggestion? Nothing at all dodgy about those turn of events.

Its a pet hate of mine when people go after someone who has won a prize and doesn't reveal it. 99.9% of the time they are good and the prize they have can be of use to the town but we hound them until they either reveal or use the prize.

Use it whenever you see fit

Also like Abi revealed themself as the prize getter.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Morning folks

Phil, I'll be very upset if you're a wolf, I feel like a lot of our posts are interchangeable

Why I voted for Derry:

- Started off with a couple of posts about people not talking game mechanics and the total post count, assuming an active baddie team.

- First to suggest rotating the original six between duties but keeping the same people. This is the biggest thing for me as I’ve already said it on thread with a post suggesting it’s open to manipulation. Funnily enough I was thinking of you Derry when I wrote it and you responded to that post.

- The way I see it is say Derry is a wolf and knows one of the chosen is a wolf buddy then he can push to keep them as one of the chosen and lay low until the perfect time to strike against the village. I said this much in my other post without using Derry as an example.

- He spoke a couple of times about putting a walker into the village if the same people are picked but that it’s better to protect rick than gain information. Which to me is crazy considering a walker could easily turn Rick and chaos would ensue.

- Questions whether wolves will know each other and whether wagonomics will work. Read a bit like trying to put doubt on vote analysis. Now I’m no expert but to me just ruling it out seems like a bad idea.

I don’t know even after reading back it’s hard for me to pinpoint exactly what it is but he still gets my back up. He reads like a helpful villager but when you pay attention to his posts he’s somewhat working against it in ways like suggesting the wolves take out the walkers which is something we can’t count on or discrediting wagonomics but everything is put out in a way like it’s a question or just thinking out loud so it’s not concrete but it’s still being put out there and confusing things rather than helping the situation for example talking about the number of scavengers/security that can be converted, he’s talking about it but he’s not helping because he’s talking about there being a bigger pool than the six which is clearly stated in the OP so it’s just confusing things.

So there you go Derbear, open to any and all questions you have or counter argument you have to the above

Also morning folks :)

Ah, so after the fact you go back and create a nice narrative of nothing.

- talking mechanics = wolf - ok

-suggesting strategy’s (that everybody can discuss) is wolfy - ok

- I know who is a wolf and am protecting them is wolfy - ok (even though we think wolves prob haven’t revealed identities to each other but never mind that you are on a role)

- a walker could be in ricks choices and I explained why I chose picking the same 6 again. It’s not clear which 6 (today or tomorrow) are the ones who can be converted. I originally thought any player on any day of the security/scavengers could be chosen. If you were reading my posts instead of trying to paint me as a wolf you would know that.

- tried to suggest a strategy whereby wolves may take out a walker for us- how exactly is that a wolf tactic?

I read like a helpful villager because I am a helpful villager. When I show up NRV, If some of you are tunnelled too deep to see that, then remember this post.

The village better get its sh*t together because there doesn’t seem to be too Many people actually sleuthing. What your post now suggests is any villagers trying to help should be careful not to look like they are tting to help.... :pac:

Are you guys serious?

So it’s more important to call me a wolf for making a suggestion then actually discussing that suggestion? Nothing at all dodgy about those turn of events.

I don’t think there’s anything to discuss, threatening a prize winner to come out with their prize not only wastes time discussing it but is putting pressure onto someone to use a prize that might be better used later.

As I said it reads like you were breadcrumbing the idea seeing if it got any traction but also saying it’s just a strategy, no need to panic so you can step back from it if it does lift off.

• Advertisement

Phil, I'll be very upset if you're a wolf, I feel like a lot of our posts are interchangeable

I think we are like minded allright.

I don’t think there’s anything to discuss, threatening a prize winner to come out with their prize not only wastes time discussing it but is putting pressure onto someone to use a prize that might be better used later.

As I said it reads like you were breadcrumbing the idea seeing if it got any traction but also saying it’s just a strategy, no need to panic so you can step back from it if it does lift off.

That’s a very lazy read/interpretation . You don’t see a problem if the walker has converted Abigail?

If you lazy villagers get me lynched it’s all on you. As you said I look like I’m trying to help because I am trying to help. Me getting potentially lynched is all this badly put together theory can you can’t even discuss. I’ve responded fi everything you said.

Is won’t be around as much today as yesterday , I will be interested to see how much work you do for the village or if you just look like your doing work. Maybe if I try to help out less you might think of me as a more apathetic villager ?

Ah, so after the fact you go back and create a nice narrative of nothing.

- talking mechanics = wolf - ok

-suggesting strategy’s (that everybody can discuss) is wolfy - ok

- I know who is a wolf and am protecting them is wolfy - ok (even though we think wolves prob haven’t revealed identities to each other but never mind that you are on a role)

- a walker could be in ricks choices and I explained why I chose picking the same 6 again. It’s not clear which 6 (today or tomorrow) are the ones who can be converted. I originally thought any player on any day of the security/scavengers could be chosen. If you were reading my posts instead of trying to paint me as a wolf you would know that.

- tried to suggest a strategy whereby wolves may take out a walker for us- how exactly is that a wolf tactic?

I read like a helpful villager because I am a helpful villager. When I show up NRV, If some of you are tunnelled too deep to see that, then remember this post.

The village better get its sh*t together because there doesn’t seem to be too Many people actually sleuthing. What your post now suggests is any villagers trying to help should be careful not to look like they are tting to help.... :pac:

Yes after the fact which is exactly what I said I would do last night after the fact because I couldn’t pinpoint it off the top of my head so had to go back and read over your posts and yep I’m still getting the same feeling off them which I’ve laid out.

It’s not anyone trying to help the village, there’s people discussing things and making sense and then there’s you, confusing matters in a roundabout way.

I’m not trying to paint you as anything, I said I’d read back over your posts and give my opinion and I have.

For now in my opinion you’re most wolfy and your response doesn’t inspire confidence that you’re not. There’s still a whole day today so we’ll see what happens but I’ll be keeping an eye on you for sure

Yes after the fact which is exactly what I said I would do last night after the fact because I couldn’t pinpoint it off the top of my head so had to go back and read over your posts and yep I’m still getting the same feeling off them which I’ve laid out.

It’s not anyone trying to help the village, there’s people discussing things and making sense and then there’s you, confusing matters in a roundabout way.

I’m not trying to paint you as anything, I said I’d read back over your posts and give my opinion and I have.

For now in my opinion you’re most wolfy and your response doesn’t inspire confidence that you’re not. There’s still a whole day today so we’ll see what happens but I’ll be keeping an eye on you for sure

You chose me as your lunch target for some reason you couldn’t explain at the time, went back through my posts and put together the flimsiest reasons possible to consider me a wolf. I’ve responded to everything you said.

So come on, since you won’t respond directly to my response, at least explain to me how I am protecting one of my wolf friends when we think the wolves have to protect their identities from each other.... And how is coming up with a strategy to work with the wolves to kill a walker make me a wolf?

Derry, That is a good point about Abbi being lynched or even munched, it’s a very high probability, in fact it’s almost a certainty unless they’re afraid of munching and converting the same person

That’s a very lazy read/interpretation . You don’t see a problem if the walker has converted Abigail?

If you lazy villagers get me lynched it’s all on you. As you said I look like I’m trying to help because I am trying to help. Me getting potentially lynched is all this badly put together theory can you can’t even discuss. I’ve responded fi everything you said.

Is won’t be around as much today as yesterday , I will be interested to see how much work you do for the village or if you just look like your doing work. Maybe if I try to help out less you might think of me as a more apathetic villager ?

That’s not what you said though, you didn’t say anything about Abi being converted so yeah that’s my read on it from what you posted.

This whole woe is me thing is growing tiring to be honest, it was the same thing with the lynch last night. This is Werewolf, everyone gets accused or voted for, no need to be defensive about it, just have a conversation without throwing your toys out of the pram.

It’s not about you being active or not either it’s what’s in your posts and what you’re saying. If you can’t get that from what I wrote then I don’t know what to tell you.

I won’t be around properly until five as I’m working but I’ll pop in on lunch and break and then will be here for the evening and will look into other people and do my best to help things yes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Morning folks

Probably would be an idea to have a bit more structure today. FFAs would be good for example. A lot of votes last night that I can’t see a reason for and some of those will be lazy wolves dropping a vote somewhere safe. It’s possible that wolves tried to play lower impact votes if they don’t know their teammate, but that’s not certain. Vote analysis will almost certainly be harder this game.

For reference, my own vote for Patrick was based on a few little things throughout that day which had been called out. He seemed to have posts that just didn’t feel like they were there to help the village

Same reasoning as myself Clodagh. Hmmmm. Interesting.

Anywho....im on training all day for work so ill pop in and out, assuming i survive munch, but wont be much use beyond that.

Sorry to Pat for him getting killed, but i thought he was being wolfy.

I may have found a little something. I’m going to keep it to myself for the moment. It’ll come in handy later.

I didn’t know you came out in thread. Read this again:

I didn’t know you announced you got the prize on thread. I was worried walked might turn the prize owner and they might be able to use it agaisnt us , that’s why I posted “do they get the prize aswell” if they turn you.

I’m playing on my own so I miss things. But everything I’ve written , I’ve explained and can be explained.

You chose me as your lunch target for some reason you couldn’t explain at the time, went back through my posts and put together the flimsiest reasons possible to consider me a wolf. I’ve responded to everything you said.

So come on, since you won’t respond directly to my response, at least explain to me how I am protecting one of my wolf friends when we think the wolves have to protect their identities from each other.... And how is coming up with a strategy to work with the wolves to kill a walker make me a wolf?

Our posts are overlapping so I don’t think we’re seeing each other’s responses before replying.

We’re assuming the wolves don’t know each other but we don’t know for certain and as a wolf that is a theory that would work in your favour. You were the first to suggest keeping the same people and it wouldn’t be the first time a wolf used a mechanic we dont fully understand against us.

You said about the walkers a couple of times which is fair enough pointing out once but it’s not something we can rely on so doesn’t need to be said again. It’s putting something out there that’s already been said to come across as helpful when it doesn’t really help things as I said we can’t rely on it for definite

• Advertisement

That’s not what you said though, you didn’t say anything about Abi being converted so yeah that’s my read on it from what you posted.

This whole woe is me thing is growing tiring to be honest, it was the same thing with the lynch last night. This is Werewolf, everyone gets accused or voted for, no need to be defensive about it, just have a conversation without throwing your toys out of the pram.

It’s not about you being active or not either it’s what’s in your posts and what you’re saying. If you can’t get that from what I wrote then I don’t know what to tell you.

I won’t be around properly until five as I’m working but I’ll pop in on lunch and break and then will be here for the evening and will look into other people and do my best to help things yes

I don’t mind being accused of being dodgy, but you can’t defend most of your “reasons” for finding me wolf. I’ve addressed every one of them and just double down and ignore it. Carry on.....

Advertisement