Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I’m in work now but will respond to anything on my lunch. Chat to you guys later

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

This is really good wolf theatre Conor and Derry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Angus WW wrote: »

Apart from the fact that wolves sometimes want to seem to be against each other on thread to distance themselves from being teammates (If they have shared who each other are) what is it that makes them both wolves to you?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I don’t mind being run against Conor tonight in the lynch. If I am wolfy because I make suggestions I’m not really an NRV that can do much so better off not on the board then distracting....

tenor.gif?itemid=5491475

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Apart from the fact that wolves sometimes want to seem to be against each other on thread to distance themselves from being teammates (If they have shared who each other are) what is it that makes them both wolves to you?

Like what are they arguing over? Conor throws accusations at Derry and Derrys rebuttal is 'well ive answered all those points'. And Conor counters with basically the same points again.

Its all a bit much ado about nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    On those vote, Liam can you explain your vote for me?

Also, I’m going to be keeping an eye on you for other reasons- someone with five posts where three of those basically just quote the OP doesn’t seem to be helpful to the village somehow

I picked your name at random Clodagh.

What are the other reasons? You've just given one there.

Ewan, you did a review on Patrick last night. Your outcome was very....neutral. You thought he was no more suspicious than anyone else.

So you werent trying to save him nor were you damning him.

Thats not a great outcome from an analysis.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a76de2c79115ce8b2475b2a77fc815527a1080a5&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Next point of business:

We are glad to inform you of those who will be guarding the walls tonight as selected by your glorious leader.

Would:

Liam WW
    Angus WW
    Ewan WW

Please step forward and prepare to take up their watches in different quadrants - we can't have any nasties getting into our lovely town now can we?

source.gif

As a guard i just want to point out there are 4 quadrants and only 3 guards.

That was a flavour joke btw.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    We’re assuming the wolves don’t know each other but we don’t know for certain and as a wolf that is a theory that would work in your favour. You were the first to suggest keeping the same people and it wouldn’t be the first time a wolf used a mechanic we dont fully understand against us.

I can't see a scenario where the wolves are telling each other who they are unless they are a lock for lynching, so both these statements are wide of the mark for me. The OP pretty much tells them not to tell each other

ALL roles, both evil and good can be converted by the walkers. Should one be converted they will lose access to their living abilities and become a mindless zombie. Any backroom they may have had access to in life will be cut off.

FWIW I really like Derry's defence this morning. He has addressed the points made against him.

Of course it is easy to not look like a wolf in this game because if I'm correct in assuming they dont know each others identities then they can't be protecting each other, so everything has to be viewed in that light

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I can't see a scenario where the wolves are telling each other who they are unless they are a lock for lynching, so both these statements are wide of the mark for me. The OP pretty much tells them not to tell each other

ALL roles, both evil and good can be converted by the walkers. Should one be converted they will lose access to their living abilities and become a mindless zombie. Any backroom they may have had access to in life will be cut off.

FWIW I really like Derry's defence this morning. He has addressed the points made against him.

Of course it is easy to not look like a wolf in this game because if I'm correct in assuming they dont know each others identities then they can't be protecting each other, so everything has to be viewed in that light

Anti-spew. Interesting.

Like what are they arguing over? Conor throws accusations at Derry and Derrys rebuttal is 'well ive answered all those points'. And Conor counters with basically the same points again.

Eh Conor and 2 other people voted for me last night and I asked them to explain. To be fair to Conor, at least he made an effort to Cobble something together. But had I gotten one more vote I might of been dead.

I responded to every one of Conor’s points because I’m a villager making sure that if I am lynched nobody can say I didn’t try or didn’t respond to any of the accusations. That’s all I can do as a villager, defend myself.

That’s why I also explained to abigail why I made my suggestion. I didn’t know she had come out on thread as prize winner and I explained my concerns (walker converts her and takes the prize).

I also explained my rotating players theory. If people don’t agree with it, why didn’t they discuss/debate it with me yesterday? I was here all day. Waiting until lynch time to use this agaisnt me and give me no opportunity is suspect or lazy villager play. I’ve been a lazy villager before, in fact I’m quite often a very lazy villager so I’m not speaking from ana ivory tower.

If lynched , I’m happy I’ve done all I can as a villager.

Was wondering if you had anything more concrete that’d make you say they are wolves. I getthenack and forth could be staged if they were but I’d need to elaborate on that if myself before calling someone a wolf. Personally I think Conors first post about Derry made me look at him a little differently which I doubt would have been the goal of a staged interaction.

You are also being very defensive Derry.

Morning Nigel.

Lots of white knights in the village this morning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Morning all. I see it's very heated in here already.

Derry WW wrote: »

That’s why I also explained to abigail why I made my suggestion. I didn’t know she had come out on thread as prize winner and I explained my concerns (walker converts her and takes the prize).

In fairness that wasn't very clear from what you said last nite, I certainly didnt pick up on it until this morning

Anti-spew. Interesting.

Nice shade based on nothing

You are also being very defensive Derry.

And this means ???

I don’t like these sort of posts. Basically insinuating something negative on the poster without engaging them on anything they say....

Have you anything to add this morning or are some people just going to use this as an opportunity to get their post count up with nothing of substance to their contribution?!

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    In fairness that wasn't very clear from what you said last nite, I certainly didnt pick up on it until this morning

Can you at least see from my explanation that I didn’t know she had come out and my reason for suggesting it? A goody who wins a prize and doesn’t announce it on thread is not a good luck and with the potential of them being converted by the walker it’s even more dangerous for us.

Morning Nigel.

Lots of white knights in the village this morning.

Actually I said conors post made me think Derry more wolfy, not exactly white knighty (while also hoping you had more on them that’d make them wolves like you suggested) but thanks for the shade.

And this means ???

I don’t like these sort of posts. Basically insinuating something negative on the poster without engaging them on anything they say....

Have you anything to add this morning or are some people just going to use this as an opportunity to get their post count up with nothing of substance to their contribution?!

tenor.gif

Im not insinuating anything. Your posts are very defensive. Doom and gloom about being lynched and being happy you have done what you can. Its super defensive. TBH, as i said, i think the whole thing is an act on one or both parts, so no im not engaging in the waffle. Im looking bigger picture.

Post count up? Ive the biggest post counts in the game. Now you are just flailing.

If you cant step back and see what im contributing here, i cant help you, bud.

Actually I said conors post made me think Derry more wolfy, not exactly white knighty (while also hoping you had more on them that’d make them wolves like you suggested) but thanks for the shade.

Im trying to get a reaction from Conor and Derry here; and Babs and yourself have stepped in nicely to dilute any such reaction. Well; not from Derry he gave me a reaction, but opportunity is gone for Conor.

Hence, white knight. Providing cover for Conor (for you) and for Conor and Derry (for Babs).

Yes. Conors post, that I’ve cleared up, does give people an easy excuse to vote for me tonight, I would agree with those sentiments....

Anywho; work training starts in 3 mins so good luck lads.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    I picked your name at random Clodagh.

What are the other reasons? You've just given one there.

Wait, your vote was just a random pick. No analysis, no gut feeling, nothing sticking out for anyone on thread....I don’t know whether to laugh or cry tbh, I do t know what to make of that

I gave two reasons btw, you not posting and the absolute fluff that appears when you do post

Im not insinuating anything. Your posts are very defensive. Doom and gloom about being lynched and being happy you have done what you can. Its super defensive. TBH, as i said, i think the whole thing is an act on one or both parts, so no im not engaging in the waffle. Im looking bigger picture.

Post count up? Ive the biggest post counts in the game. Now you are just flailing.

If you cant step back and see what im contributing here, i cant help you, bud.

Yes, my posts are defensive, what is the appropriate way for a villager to respond to flimsy and innacurate narratives against them?

I’ve seen wolves cool as cucumber when under pressure. Being defensive is neither wolfy or villagey on its own, this is just my style of playing. I don’t see how being defensive tells you anything or is relevant to everything else I’ve said.

Can you at least see from my explanation that I didn’t know she had come out and my reason for suggesting it? A goody who wins a prize and doesn’t announce it on thread is not a good luck and with the potential of them being converted by the walker it’s even more dangerous for us.

Oh I knew immediately you didn't know that Abbi had claimed the prize

• Advertisement

Im trying to get a reaction from Conor and Derry here; and Babs and yourself have stepped in nicely to dilute any such reaction. Well; not from Derry he gave me a reaction, but opportunity is gone for Conor.

Hence, white knight. Providing cover for Conor (for you) and for Conor and Derry (for Babs).

Or I was genuinely hoping you’d have something on one of them being wolfy. I’ll leave it though as this is developing into exactly what you accused them of, a back and forth over essentially nothing (although I do think there may have been more substance in their initial situation and hope that if it’s genuine we see it revisited.

Advertisement