Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

It’s like Sundays of old when everything was shut.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

evening y'all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Hi Emily

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Hi Emily

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2934597e0ef6f42ce30741f270cc2041c52fb4300d&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Quiet thread, didn't realise it was starting last night! Not much craic other than Winny liking tables so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Mod Announcement:

announcement-10452423.jpg

Good Evening Alexandrians!

We are glad to inform you of those who will be guarding the walls tonight as selected by your glorious leader.

Would:

Gabriel WW
    Winifred WW
    Emily WW

Please step forward and prepare to take up their watches in different quadrants - we can't have any nasties getting into our lovely town now can we?

See you in the morning for the daily scheduled announcement.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Oh somethings happening. Good stuff. Do I just wait now for something else to happen?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Or wait. Does that just mean that we are sacrificial lambs?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Hi Clodagh,

I agree we've all been very quiet. This was your first post of the game but you say "still quiet enough" which implies that you've known the thread was open but chose to read rather than post. Why wouldn't you say hello when you first saw the thread open?

Because RL. Strange question tbh, I doubt most people posted the minute they saw they got their pm, which generally is more or less when game tends to start

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Enjoy the nightshift Gabriel, Winifred and Emily. I shall sleep soundly in the knowledge that you are protecting us.

• Advertisement

I think so based on the op. Not sure if scavengers get pocked tonight too but I guess that would make sense

Pretty much I think :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

nothing to report as of yet

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

What do you mean sacrificial lambs?

Security detail means that we are immune from kill and convert for tonight.

Well, that how i read security detail, maybe thats why they double checked with me to see if i was sure i wanted to nominate myself.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »

Well, that how i read security detail, maybe thats why they double checked with me to see if i was sure i wanted to nominate myself.

Lol

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Ha sweet.

Thought I woke be checking into 6 pages of fluff, this is a clean village thus far.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Incorrect I believe.

OP states scavengers are immune from voting and being lynched.

Scavengers and security detail are the only players who can be converted/killed unless one of those chosen is a saviour/walker in which case they can infiltrate the village.

Which aside from the kills/converts could give us a good place to look in those selected few if either of the above scenarios happen so silver lining I guess

So nobody has really discussed much regarding game mechanics?

Just some cage rattling?!

16 players have posted, I’d imagine our baddies are in those 16?

298-F8952-5-B6-C-4428-8558-4-F3-EAAAE79-AB.png

Winnie has been a busy Bee. Nigel , Gabriel and Phil close behind. There’s 4 of our baddies right there, I predict a very active baddy team In Alexandra.

I gave a Phil a lift home tonight from a meeting. He was nice, not so sure the Phil in this village is gonna be as nice.

Don’t understand this scavenge and security thing (although I have a theory on the security lads that I’m not sure is more beneficial on thread or kept to myself).

gif.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Derry WW wrote: »

Winnie has been a busy Bee. Nigel , Gabriel and Phil close behind. There’s 4 of our baddies right there, I predict a very active baddy team In Alexandra.

I gave a Phil a lift home tonight from a meeting. He was nice, not so sure the Phil in this village is gonna be as nice.

Don’t understand this scavenge and security thing (although I have a theory on the security lads that I’m not sure is more beneficial on thread or kept to myself).

gif.gif

Care to start the conversation regarding game mechanics Derry?

Conor WW wrote: »
    Care to start the conversation regarding game mechanics Derry?

AllAdolescentBlackrussianterrier-max-1mb.gif

So Rick chooses 6 people each day, not sure exactly what their roles are asides from being able to be targeted. So I presume Rick doesn’t or won’t choose himself in one of these 6 which means anytime he chooses 6 people the wolves might be able to narrow down a pool he’s hiding in?

I was thinking if he should pick the remaining of the 6 in reverse tomorrow but then I remembered won’t 2 of them be either dead or converted? So there should only be 5 left. Is it unwise to keep choosing the same people? Like if the undead can only convert the chosen ones wouldn’t we know by day 2 that at least one of them was a convert? Maybe I’m reading this mechanic wrong but it does look like you can be chosen once for the scavenge and security detail.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Good morning :)

What do you mean by this?

On a related point is anyone else finding the mobile site is not working for searching people’s posts?

gif.gif

Ooh look at you with your fancy picture of the post table! /joke

Seriously, I’d say we probably have one to two wolves actively posting and a couple more who will spend the game being more low key if other games post apocalyptic compounds are anything to go by

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

So Rick chooses 6 people each day, not sure exactly what their roles are asides from being able to be targeted. So I presume Rick doesn’t or won’t choose himself in one of these 6 which means anytime he chooses 6 people the wolves might be able to narrow down a pool he’s hiding in?

I was thinking if he should pick the remaining of the 6 in reverse tomorrow but then I remembered won’t 2 of them be either dead or converted? So there should only be 5 left. Is it unwise to keep choosing the same people? Like if the undead can only convert the chosen ones wouldn’t we know by day 2 that at least one of them was a convert? Maybe I’m reading this mechanic wrong but it does look like you can be chosen once for the scavenge and security detail.

That's not why Rick won't pick himself tho, he won't pick himself because only picked people can be munched or converted unless certain criteria are met.

Let's say Rick picks a wolf; in this case the wolves can munch outside the picked group but they won't unless there is a very good reason.
    For example if I am munched then we know for 100% that one of the picked was a wolf. The wolves will not want to be that exposed.

Let's say Rick picks a walker, in that case the walkers can convert whoever they wish and for them it's less complicated. However the walkers are either a tiny group or a single player and so the chance of them being picked and them then picking from the far larger group and hitting Rick are far lower than picking one of the selected few.

So Rick, at this point, is far safer not self selecting.

That’s a really odd and dangerous post. OP is pretty clear that if a wolf or walker is picked then the entire village can be targeted. Not really sure how you missed that tbh.

From a mechanics point of view that’s something that both helps and hinders us imho. While it potentially limits the target pool if Rick can pick well it also limits te chances of bad v bad kills which will matter with the walkers in particular. It also makes it harder to reason why someone was killed since it could be days until baddies can get a target they want

Good morning everyone. Hopefully things will pick up a bit today. How many people have we left to check in does anyone know?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    That's not why Rick won't pick himself tho, he won't pick himself because only picked people can be munched or converted unless certain criteria are met.

Let's say Rick picks a wolf; in this case the wolves can munch outside the picked group but they won't unless there is a very good reason.
    For example if I am munched then we know for 100% that one of the picked was a wolf. The wolves will not want to be that exposed.

Let's say Rick picks a walker, in that case the walkers can convert whoever they wish and for them it's less complicated. However the walkers are either a tiny group or a single player and so the chance of them being picked and them then picking from the far larger group and hitting Rick are far lower than picking one of the selected few.

So Rick, at this point, is far safer not self selecting.

This! The wolves would be crazy to munch outside the selected unless there was a big reward such as killing off a key role. It leaves them too exposed.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    That’s a really odd and dangerous post. OP is pretty clear that if a wolf or walker is picked then the entire village can be targeted. Not really sure how you missed that tbh.

From a mechanics point of view that’s something that both helps and hinders us imho. While it potentially limits the target pool if Rick can pick well it also limits te chances of bad v bad kills which will matter with the walkers in particular. It also makes it harder to reason why someone was killed since it could be days until baddies can get a target they want

If Rick picks 6 people today and 6 different people tomorrow, if he chooses a walker and wolf , theoretically by tomorrow the wolves or walkers might know Rick is in a shorter list of the village minus walkers/wolves minus those he’s picked. If he does the same on weds that’s an even smaller hiding place. This was my point , should Rick keep choosing different people or even just pick some of the same?!

I don’t know, presuming Rick is on his own, I just thought discussing thus on thread and giving him some ideas might help. I know when I have a role in a game it’s no harm having people make suggestions and discuss merits of how I use my power.
    Cue somebody using this as night 1 reason to get me lynched :pac:

This! The wolves would be crazy to munch outside the selected unless there was a big reward such as killing off a key role. It leaves them too exposed.

But walkers can. So let’s say Rick accidently picks a walker today and tomorrow and he picks 6 different people each day. By tomorrow walkers can discount at least 14 people from being Rick which could be 21 or more by weds.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Morning folks, sorry I couldn't make yesterday.

So Gabs, Wini and Emily were on security last nite and three more will be sent off on scavaging? Will we hear who those three are?

And the wolves & Walker can only select out of those 6 to munch/convert unless there is a wolf in those 6?
    Is that the basic gist?

Have the scavengers been sent out already or is that this evening? Does that mean there is only a pool of three of munching?

Advertisement