Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    How is her messing today yourself?

Clodagh you ask a lot of questions it's an interesting style but I'm not sure what to make of it yet tbh, hit me again?

Helping not yourself an odd autocorrect

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Abigail what did you get in the scavange ?

Something that'll help the village. I'll use it when needed. As I said when I got it, it's not something we want the Wolves to know about. Keep the little feckers on their toes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Something that'll help the village. I'll use it when needed. As I said when I got it, it's not something we want the Wolves to know about. Keep the little feckers on their toes.

You've said it is something you don't want the wolves to know yet you survived the munch, why do you think that was?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Afternoon all, haven't looked at all the scenarios, but is there a chance there could be 2 walkers in the selected 4?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

You've said it is something you don't want the wolves to know yet you survived the munch, why do you think that was?

Honestly ABI if you are a wolf just say and we will kill you last.

• Advertisement

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Afternoon all, haven't looked at all the scenarios, but is there a chance there could be 2 walkers in the selected 4?

Yes but it's unlikely.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

#FFA

1. Abigail
    2. Henry
    3. Ewan

I said I would go for one of the 4 and Liam just slips out of the FFA but could probably easily be in Ewan's place. Neither has stood out to me. Gut has Henry at no.2m he has been quieter today and not posted much of note but a lot had Abi at no.1

Got a prize that would keep the wolves on their toes but wasn't munched. Would be a candidate for conversion for this reason too. Is very defensive about the idea of lynching one of the 4 which I understand as she is one of them but instead of focusing on if the others are dodgy (didn't name a potential walker in her run down of the 4 and the only one she said was bad isn't actually one of the 4 - Wini). Plucked stats out of thin air as it fit the numbers she wants to justify lynching outside the 4 (really don't think the team that converts would be starting with more than 2 personally) and puts forward the easy wagonable option in Mary cos she went scavenging alone.

Haven't voted or anything yet so I hope someone can point out something one of the others did that is dodgy / makes them more likely bad but I guess it's obvious which way I'd be leaning right now.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    #FFA

1. Abigail
    2. Henry
    3. Ewan

I said I would go for one of the 4 and Liam just slips out of the FFA but could probably easily be in Ewan's place. Neither has stood out to me. Gut has Henry at no.2m he has been quieter today and not posted much of note but a lot had Abi at no.1

Got a prize that would keep the wolves on their toes but wasn't munched. Would be a candidate for conversion for this reason too. Is very defensive about the idea of lynching one of the 4 which I understand as she is one of them but instead of focusing on if the others are dodgy (didn't name a potential walker in her run down of the 4 and the only one she said was bad isn't actually one of the 4 - Wini). Plucked stats out of thin air as it fit the numbers she wants to justify lynching outside the 4 (really don't think the team that converts would be starting with more than 2 personally) and puts forward the easy wagonable option in Mary cos she went scavenging alone.

Haven't voted or anything yet so I hope someone can point out something one of the others did that is dodgy / makes them more likely bad but I guess it's obvious which way I'd be leaning right now.

giphy.gif

Honestly ABI if you are a wolf just say and we will kill you last.

giphy.gif

P.S. I'm VILLAGE

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    #FFA

1. Abigail
    2. Henry
    3. Ewan

I like this FFA from young Nigel. I mean I don't know which of the other three it is but it is definitely one of them. If I was to guess I reckon it wouldn't be Abigail, not quite sure why just a hunch.

1wf8i1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

giphy.gif

well that has convinced me to change my mind on everything I said in the post you quoted...

but if it's gifs you like
    giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    How is her messing today yourself?

Clodagh you ask a lot of questions it's an interesting style but I'm not sure what to make of it yet tbh, hit me again?

Here you go

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Interesting comment Wendy. This is the only comment from you to abi I can see

You ended up voting for me however. Apparently based on gut feeling only. Maybe you can give me a bit more on your abi thoughts for last night?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Ok Im catching up finally, Im up until 10am yesterday.

I see Gab died. Felt he was wolfy off his cage rattling early on. Leave it with me and Ill be caught up soon

That group of 4 has a walker we can lynch one vig one and the wolves can munch one giving us a final lynch tomorrow and killing the walker before the next conversion.

It's a 25/33/50/100 percent chance of killing a walker.

Hmm, interesting to see if the wolves want to play ball on this

Brendan WW wrote: »

I see Gab died. Felt he was wolfy off his cage rattling early on. Leave it with me and Ill be caught up soon

Great stuff Brendan, looking forward to your input.

giphy.gif

That group of 4 has a walker we can lynch one vig one and the wolves can munch one giving us a final lynch tomorrow and killing the walker before the next conversion.

It's a 25/33/50/100 percent chance of killing a walker.

Sorry.. what's going on here?....because it looks to me like Clodagh & Phil are looking to team up with the wolves. Are you guys talking the pi**

Here you go

Ive no idea what you are asking, but yesterday I wondered if the traps that killed, Riona?(the walker hunter) could be preset by the baddies or was it random.

If they were pre set was it my a baddie who was out on the road with them, Abi didn't post on thread untill after the trap went off so never boded a direction.

These were just thoughts i'd nothing concrete to go on, bar wait and see. I voted for you on gut, I couldnt vote for Abi anyways as she wasn't here to be voted on.

Then when Winifred posted her thoughts on thread I shared mine.

Just shoot abigal and put me out of this gif posting misery

Brendan WW wrote: »

giphy.gif

Well I’m here to play, finally! Busy weekend and busy in work until now. So I’ve caught up…. My thoughts from Sunday
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Winifred?
    Would posting tables be a way of inflating your post count and trying to look helpful?

Winifred WW 8
    Phil WW 7
    Nigel WW 6
    Henry WW 4
    Abigail WW 4
    Gabriel WW 4
    Patrick WW 3
    Clarabel 2
    Doris WW 2
    Desmond WW 2
    Derry WW 2
    Conor WW 1
    Gertrude WW 1
    Ewan WW 1

8 posts on the first day is hardly inflating a post count. I’ve seen fluffier opening days. A poor attempt at rattling cages.
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    He is top poster, with mainly tables. It was an observation.Accuse him of what?I don't care how you or others see me. I don't care if you have already asked questions, I will continue to make my observations and what you do or don't do, will not affect my methods. In your opinion.. you are entitled to your opinion, even if it is crap. If you think its so nice, why don't you start doing it too.:rolleyes:

Gabs explanation. You did accuse Wini of inflating a post count. So yeah ya did accuse her.

Ooh look at you with your fancy picture of the post table! /joke

Seriously, I’d say we probably have one to two wolves actively posting and a couple more who will spend the game being more low key if other games post apocalyptic compounds are anything to go by

I hate post that speculate on what a wolf would do. Its pointless as you will never know how a wolf can play. Every game is different. Wolves behaviour changes on the basis of circumstances of a game mechanics and the players who are assigned to be bad. Its constantly changing and wolves are always looking to adapt to survive. Not wolfy by Clo, just a pet peev of mine.

Derry WW wrote: »
    AllAdolescentBlackrussianterrier-max-1mb.gif

So Rick chooses 6 people each day, not sure exactly what their roles are asides from being able to be targeted. So I presume Rick doesn’t or won’t choose himself in one of these 6 which means anytime he chooses 6 people the wolves might be able to narrow down a pool he’s hiding in?

I was thinking if he should pick the remaining of the 6 in reverse tomorrow but then I remembered won’t 2 of them be either dead or converted? So there should only be 5 left. Is it unwise to keep choosing the same people? Like if the undead can only convert the chosen ones wouldn’t we know by day 2 that at least one of them was a convert? Maybe I’m reading this mechanic wrong but it does look like you can be chosen once for the scavenge and security detail.

This post seems to contradict the OP. But I agree we should be trying to figure thinsg out as best we can.

Thats the thoughts I had

Now Gab and Derry appear dead from my quick read back (Checked the dead to make sure I wasnt KO'd myself)

• Advertisement

It works in the favour too, only reason for them not to go along with it is if there is a wolf in the group. Don't know if we would be so lucky to have a wolf and a walker but there is always hope.

My initial stab at ffa

#ffa1
    Ewan
    Liam
    Henry

On the basis of a walker in the 4

I’m leaving abi to one side on the basis she’s mot likely to have been peeked by a seer. If we don’t have a better idea by tomorrow she’ll be on the list.

In terms of possible wolves for honourable mention

Winifed feels very omgussy
    Oisin peeked my interest yesterday and I need to go back and look at him too

Ffa May change btw, still trying to pull some pieces together

It works in the favour too, only reason for them not to go along with it is if there is a wolf in the group. Don't know if we would be so lucky to have a wolf and a walker but there is always hope.

But if there is a wolf by that stage they will kill the walker so we are 100% hitting a walker by tomorrow morning.

We just decide who the vig should hit and then the wolves can pick between the other two.

Sorry.. what's going on here?....because it looks to me like Clodagh & Phil are looking to team up with the wolves. Are you guys talking the pi**

Ehh nope. I’m responding to Phils post that the wolves will try to kill a walker for us. Frankly I’m not convinced they will, regardless of whether it’s a good move for them

Probably not much point second guessing what the wolves will do, we just play how we as a village think best and we see if they help us out in the morning.

One thing Ive noticed from my read back, and its been a staple of previous games, people are very concerned with figuring out game mechanics rather than catching wolves or analysing people splay. (I cant speak, I just turned up).

This gives wolves a great place to get active. No ones fault, its the nature of these complex games which have a heavy element of mystery.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

HENRY ISO

Post before selected for scavenging 5

Posts after being selected but before N0 munch 0

Post between N0 munch and D1 Lynch 23 (mostly to do with scavenging trip they were on, questions and answers to general stuff

Posts after D1 lynch but before N1 munch 0

Posts after N1 munch 7 (as at 15:00 )

Posts that now pique my interest because I'm wondering if Henry chose me for security based off it.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    We need to think this through.

IF the walkers got to convert last night then there’s a 50/50 chance that Emily or Winifred was converted.

IF the walkers were able to convert outside of those 2 it still leaves either Emily or Winifred as an original Walker.

IF IF IF the walkers didn’t get a conversion last night we are possibly sacrificing an innocent
    Henry WW wrote: »
    Why?

Can you do the sums for me?
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    They would only be able to convert outside of those selected if Rick had picked a walker to start off with.

When Riona died, he also straight away noticed that she was the one that put the location order in. He then said nothing else apart from stating that Abi had the prize. How was the prize won again? I must go back and look.

Could Henry be Rick? A very good contender for the role that's for sure. Hasn't said anything to rattle any cages, disappeared between both lynch/munch phases when the walkers would be putting in their conversion request (saying both as we didn't know when it would happen).

Doing Liam next.

Probably not much point second guessing what the wolves will do, we just play how we as a village think best and we see if they help us out in the morning.

We should play your best game. Dont speculate to how wolves may play, judge players actions and speculate "would a wolf likely do this".

• Advertisement

did mary get lost?

Advertisement