Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    did mary get lost?

Could be wrong but I think it's 5 that she is supposed to get there

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I really don't see Rick putting himself in the firing line this early, I mean I could be wrong of course but it seems overly risky, I think a wolfs would always kill from the 6 even if picked so not to give themselves away, and while a walker would convert inside if picked its a small chance of happening,

Which unfortunately seems to have been the case imo

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Patrick is my lock wolf of the day, for his whole im confused schtick.

lock-of-the-week.jpg
    Riona WW wrote: »
    I'm also confused!

Generally I am in most games until a day or two in though. Nothing wrong with being confused
    Henry WW wrote: »
    If Patrick is an actual newbie they're going to be totally bamboozled now haha

This is interesting to me. Angus was seer app and Patrick was NRV.

Lets say Henry is a wolf, indulge me...... Henry could be saying this knowing Patrick is a goodie. It makes him appear vindicated when Pat is revealed good.

Just a thought

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I really don't see Rick putting himself in the firing line this early, I mean I could be wrong of course but it seems overly risky, I think a wolfs would always kill from the 6 even if picked so not to give themselves away, and while a walker would convert inside if picked its a small chance of happening,

Which unfortunately seems to have been the case imo

So you think the walkers converted from outside the 6? Still leaves a walker within them as that is what was needed for the walkers to be able to go outside the 6.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Ehh nope. I’m responding to Phils post that the wolves will try to kill a walker for us. Frankly I’m not convinced they will, regardless of whether it’s a good move for them

Please :)

• Advertisement

So you think the walkers converted from outside the 6? Still leaves a walker within them as that is what was needed for the walkers to be able to go outside the 6.

I just dont see Rick putting himself in the firing line that easily or early but its only a hunch, and yea if it is the case it was outside the 6 there is still a walker there, thats why lynching there is a good option

Mary WW wrote: »
    Comments like this make it hard for me to belive the "i'm a n00b shtick", along with answering all your own confused questions

Can I ask Mary, why was it so hard to believe Patrick wasnt a noob.

Hindsight is a great thing, so please dont feel like I accusing you. Just playing Devils Advocate.

While I can see where you are coming from, you are quick to pile on here dont you think?

Nigel WW wrote: »
    This is the strongest thing against Pat so far imo, not sure I buy the confused thing to condemn a wolf but fluffy add nothing but comment on events posting is noteworthy.
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    I asked if you had played in any of the recent games not the past Walking Dead game. It was in those games people made to point of the confused thing being a wolfy action, wether one believes this or not.

However I did ask in general earlier if anyone played the first TWD game, and if there is anything similar to this one of note we should be aware of?

130pm Monday and Nigel is all over Patrick.

Now I think its fair to say that any little thing can be seen as wolfy on day 1, however to be fair to Nigel he goes in so hard I dont think hes a wolf.

In terms of if I was a wolf, Id say it once, let my feelings know and move on. Clodagh and Mary could be seen as more wolfy at this part of the day than Nigel in my opinion.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Can I ask Mary, why was it so hard to believe Patrick wasnt a noob.

Hindsight is a great thing, so please dont feel like I accusing you. Just playing Devils Advocate.

While I can see where you are coming from, you are quick to pile on here dont you think?

Mary be like...

giphy.gif

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Mary be like...

giphy.gif

Im not fully caught up so can you elaborate on what your saying here Abi?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    That group of 4 has a walker we can lynch one vig one and the wolves can munch one giving us a final lynch tomorrow and killing the walker before the next conversion.

It's a 25/33/50/100 percent chance of killing a walker.

If you were a wolf would you go along with that?

I wouldn’t I’d go hunting for RVs and let the village do the leg work

Look, at the risk of repeating myself I’d prefer if we went hunting wolves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Barbara WW wrote: »

If the wolves don't go hunting walkers they're in trouble because the village won't do it all themselves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Barbara WW wrote: »

Liam WW wrote: »
    If the wolves don't go hunting walkers they're in trouble because the village won't do it all themselves.

Tbh I agree with both of you. Unfortunately for the moment containing the walkers is the priority. Lynch has to be from the 4 I think

You agree with us both, I think we're making opposite points. Barbara wants to go after wolves (I think) and I think we should go for walkers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

LIAM ISO

Post before selected for security 5 - Minimum post requirement set by mods(1st post just before N0 munch @ 09:25)

Post between N0 munch and D1 Lynch 0

Posts after D1 lynch but before N1 munch 4 ( Starts after 9am this morning)

Posts after N1 munch 13 (as at 3pm)

Notice Liam is more confident in his answer to Gertrude below -
    This scenario cannot happen as they cannot munch outside the selected if the selected are all villagers.
    From OP

Only the six players selected are available for the kills or converts… unless….

Should Rick select a wolf, or a walker for either detail then they will be able to infiltrate the camp and kill or convert who they choose.

___

I presume that if a walker is chosen they can convert anyone and if a wolf is chosen they can kill anyone, and not that if either a wolf or walker is chosen both get to do their thing.

But Gertrude I will remind you that wolves have tricks up their sleeves apparently.

And for whoever wanted that image of myself, I don't do dunes.

Edited out GIF

Then after conversion has taken place he's less sure

Not necessarily. If Rick sent the walker out over the wall then the walker could have taken anyone, I think.

If Liam turns out to be the converted one, please refer to these post of his mentioning only one walker. It may be an attempt to get us thinking there is only one when there could have been two.

So 23 at the start - guessing 4 wolves and a walker. I'm guessing four wolves because the walkers numbers need to gain parity with wolves and villagers. Only three wolves means that they'd pretty much all have to survive till the end to win (or remove the one walker early).

Anyway we're down to 19 now -

13 goodies v 4 wolves v 2 walkers

We need to get every walker to stop them converting people so we've collectively got one munch and two lynches to do it. I reckon the second munch happening at the same time as the conversion would mean the conversion happens as the original walker dies but who knows. So if we only get one (or none) of them we'll have three walkers on Thursday morning.

At that stage we may have killed one wolf, a walker and lost 3 villagers. Which would bring us to (assuming the walkers convert a villager).

10 goodies v 3 wolves v 2 walkers

I know the above has a number of assumptions in it, and we might get lucky and wipe out the walkers before they get a chance to convert but I view the walkers as the greater threat and may be the easier to identify in future as they're the only roles in the game who have nothing to gain from hiding who they are. Once a walker is converted I'm guessing they'll be telling each other who they are. That does lead me to an interesting thought that if they are mindless they may not have a backroom (but surely they'd have to to get orders in).
    My point is that if the conversion and munch both happen at munch time, then if there is only one walker left and they are munched I still think the conversion would go ahead and we would have one new walker, with the original dying.

Could Liam be Rick?
    He seems to be chatting a lot more since Rick has gone. He just posted the bare minimum. Under the radar so it is possible but as I have gone over his post and am typing this up,
    COULD LIAM BE AN ORIGINAL WALKER? It wouldn't surprise me if he was and got very lucky converting Rick from outside the scavenger/security list.

#FFA1

Liam
    Henry
    Abigail

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

130pm Monday and Nigel is all over Patrick.

Now I think its fair to say that any little thing can be seen as wolfy on day 1, however to be fair to Nigel he goes in so hard I dont think hes a wolf.

In terms of if I was a wolf, Id say it once, let my feelings know and move on. Clodagh and Mary could be seen as more wolfy at this part of the day than Nigel in my opinion.

Obviously you came to a positive conclusion on me there but I really would not say I was all over Pat in fact in the quotes you put above I was saying I didn't buy people saying he was a wolf just cos he said he was confused. I was also checking if he had played recent games as if he did he might understand why people were were using that confused line of thinking as the thoery that saying your confused is a sign of a wolf was something that appeared in recent games even if I think it's a bit silly.
    Im not fully caught up so can you elaborate on what your saying here Abi?

I wouldn't bother, focus on catching up. Abi is just having fun with gifs atm. Pity, I put her no.1 on an FFA and will have to vote soon so i'd have prefered if she didn't just gif since then as it might lead me elsewhere should that be the right course of action

You agree with us both, I think we're making opposite points. Barbara wants to go after wolves (I think) and I think we should go for walkers.

Correct me if I wrong, cause Im not fully caught up, but you have no idea who is most likely to be either at this stage.

Find an evil, doesnt matter who is the priority.

and then he types this and I doubt if he's a walker!!!

Correct me if I wrong, cause Im not fully caught up, but you have no idea who is most likely to be either at this stage.

Obviously finding an evil one way or another is the way to go. I just think it would be ideal to find the walkers first and then deal with the wolves. And no I don't know who is most likely to be either but there is a walker in the other three in the group of four. Unless something freaky is going on that much we know. So I think we should lynch in those three and then see how we get on. That's what I mean by prioritizing walkers.

• Advertisement

Ewan WW wrote: »
    and then he types this and I doubt if he's a walker!!!

I keep telling you folks I'm not a walker.

I keep telling you folks I'm not a walker.

I'm not either Liam. You and I both are advocating for finding the walker within us 4. If we had something to hide, would we be doing that?

Not really, you’re saying we need wolves and village to hunt walkers, she saying if she was a wolf she wouldn’t do that. I agree with both points, I.e. we need this to happen but I’m unconvinced that the wolves will do so

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I'm not either Liam. You and I both are advocating for finding the walker within us 4. If we had something to hide, would we be doing that?

making a very good point here, i mean you could still be bad but none the less ye do get more villy points then abi who was so against it

making a very good point here, i mean you could still be bad but none the less ye do get more villy points then abi who was so against it

Don't forget Henry.

I'm amending my #FFA1

Henry
    Abi
    Liam

Obviously finding an evil one way or another is the way to go. I just think it would be ideal to find the walkers first and then deal with the wolves. And no I don't know who is most likely to be either but there is a walker in the other three in the group of four. Unless something freaky is going on that much we know. So I think we should lynch in those three and then see how we get on. That's what I mean by prioritizing walkers.

Oh it would be ideal, but lets be honest, we have no clue who is who. Arguing over who to catch first is irrelevant. If you think some is evil, say why and vote accordingly.

What an odd position to take. (1) We know where there is a walker, it’s 1 from 4. We know that more surely than any other role in the game (2) if we don’t deal with walkers they keep growing (3) you don’t mind which flavour of evil we get

Explain that to me

So far, Ive read up until 430 yesterday and Henry is the only one Id be happy to put on an FFA. Ive loads to go.

Oh it would be ideal, but lets be honest, we have no clue who is who. Arguing over who to catch first is irrelevant. If you think some is evil, say why and vote accordingly.

Okay but we know there's a walker amongst the four of us (i.e. one of the other three). It is unlikely that there are two because they'd probably have converted outside of us if they had the chance. There may be a wolf or two in amongst the other three, two is very unlikely. So I'm saying we'd vote amongst the other three and I'm leaning towards Henry.

• Advertisement

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    What an odd position to take. (1) We know where there is a walker, it’s 1 from 4. We know that more surely than any other role in the game (2) if we don’t deal with walkers they keep growing (3) you don’t mind which flavour of evil we get

Explain that to me

You are putting words in my mouth.

Out of the 4 who do you think is evil?

Are you happy to gamble on 1 of the 4?

Have you any evil leans in those 4?

Have you any evil leans at all?

My thoughts are if you think someone is evil, sure vote and say why.

If I think some is evil outside of the 4, and then lets say I dont think any of the 4 are more evil than each other, then Ill vote for who I think is evil rather than a 1 in 4 gamble.

But I haven't caught up yet, so Ill put a pin in any thoughts just yet.

Advertisement