Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    But walkers can. So let’s say Rick accidently picks a walker today and tomorrow and he picks 6 different people each day. By tomorrow walkers can discount at least 14 people from being Rick which could be 21 or more by weds.

And I wasn’t suggesting Rick self selects, just that he considers selecting some or all of the same 6 tomorrow, in reverse.

The players sent into the wild cannot be the same chosen on consecutive nights.

The security detail cannot be the same chosen on consecutive days.

So just swap them around tomorrow and pick whoever survives and put the security in scavanage and vice versa.

Only thing with that is I think you are guaranteeing a walker will be in tomorrow’s group. Suppose it’s all about what is more important. Rick remaining hidden or us getting more potential info.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Morning all,

I think the posts above are not helping the village, the wolves obviously will be smart enough to know all this, but no need to help them.

I know you are trying to help Rick also, but we should just hope he knows how to best play it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Morning all,

I think the posts above are not helping the village, the wolves obviously will be smart enough to know all this, but no need to help them.

I know you are trying to help Rick also, but we should just hope he knows how to best play it.

I'd disagree on that, the wolves are a team and rick is on his own. Giving him more options that he might not see for himself is a good thing IMO

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Guys can we not point out on thread things that the wolfs would be stupid to do?! There's always the chance that they are stupid and hadn't actually thought of that!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Hello everyone!

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I'd disagree on that, the wolves are a team and rick is on his own. Giving him more options that he might not see for himself is a good thing IMO

Yeh, like What exactly have I said that helps the wolves? I’m serious, can somebody explain what I have posted that maybe gives Wolves a hand?

I don’t know what Rick knows or the dynamics of his powers. I can guess stuff but that’s all it would be at this stage. I’m just trying to help him out. If I’m a wolf I am certainly not choosing the lowest profile way of keeping my head down.

I think if we play the game trying to hide speculation, we will be even more in the dark, which is an advantage to the wolves. Rick will know what he knows and will decide if and when to reveal, but in the meantime, a discussion around how things may work will help us, imo.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Morning all,

Rick is on his own and needs people to bounce ideas off, the wolves are not hampered in this way. Are you seriously saying we shouldn't discuss strategy!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

This! The wolves would be crazy to munch outside the selected unless there was a big reward such as killing off a key role. It leaves them too exposed.

Correct, which means we don’t do silly things like clearing people if their group was munched

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Correct, which means we don’t do silly things like clearing people if their group was munched

Can't clear anyone because walkers !!

• Advertisement

Yeah isnt going to be any clearing in this game.

It actually looks really stacked against us, as a village.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Guys can we not point out on thread things that the wolfs would be stupid to do?! There's always the chance that they are stupid and hadn't actually thought of that!

In my humble experience there’s maybe a 1 in 20 chance the wolves collectively will do something really stupid

Probably a 1 in 3 chance someone in the village will do something really stupid because we’re not talking or they’re not listening

I say we talk

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

If Rick picks 6 people today and 6 different people tomorrow, if he chooses a walker and wolf , theoretically by tomorrow the wolves or walkers might know Rick is in a shorter list of the village minus walkers/wolves minus those he’s picked. If he does the same on weds that’s an even smaller hiding place. This was my point , should Rick keep choosing different people or even just pick some of the same?!

I don’t know, presuming Rick is on his own, I just thought discussing thus on thread and giving him some ideas might help. I know when I have a role in a game it’s no harm having people make suggestions and discuss merits of how I use my power.
    Cue somebody using this as night 1 reason to get me lynched :pac:

I get that but I think this early in the game there is no reason for Rick to put himself in harms way, he may need to self-select later in the game. Or as you suggest further on try using the same people.
    But walkers can. So let’s say Rick accidently picks a walker today and tomorrow and he picks 6 different people each day. By tomorrow walkers can discount at least 14 people from being Rick which could be 21 or more by weds.

Not really as they don't know for certain Rick hasn't self-selected
    Morning folks, sorry I couldn't make yesterday.

So Gabs, Wini and Emily were on security last nite and three more will be sent off on scavaging? Will we hear who those three are?

And the wolves & Walker can only select out of those 6 to munch/convert unless there is a wolf in those 6?
    Is that the basic gist?

Have the scavengers been sent out already or is that this evening? Does that mean there is only a pool of three of munching?

No mention of scavengers being sent out and I would think we would be told as we ere told about the security detail. Would lead me to believe it is one of the security team that will be munched this morning.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Hello angus, how are you? Do you have any thoughts to share with us?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

We don't know if the walker is one man or not also
    Phil WW wrote: »
    Rick is on his own and needs people to bounce ideas off, the wolves are not hampered in this way. Are you seriously saying we shouldn't discuss strategy!

Someone said the wolves would be mad to munch outside the selected if they have the chance. How is discussing this helping Rick?

Phil WW wrote: »
    Can't clear anyone because walkers !!

Also true, and as their numbers rise the chances of risk picking one increase. Any thoughts on how many walkers we start with? 1? 2 at most I’d guess

Yeah I thought that too. Don’t know what the village is packing yet though so let’s see what we’ve got before we get too downbeat

Hello angus, how are you? Do you have any thoughts to share with us?

No not really. I just landed on thread this morning and havent read back yet.

You seem to be making sense so far.

I dont like that post from Dessie for a few reasons.

Firstly, it aims to purposefully stifle conversation.

Secondly, it seems a bit faux worried.

Thirdly, i dont like the assumption the wolves are smart. They might be, but i dunno seems a bit slippy.

Oh and im very well Clodagh; thank you.

Yeah I thought that too. Don’t know what the village is packing yet though so let’s see what we’ve got before we get too downbeat

Fair point.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

source.gif

Hey folks,

Could someone explain why a wolf would be mad to munch outside selected ones? I don't really get it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Morning all.

Derry I’m with you on the mechanics part.

At the very least it will slow down the game for the village by picking the same six in reverse order tomorrow. That cannot be a bad thing.

And I used sacrificial lamb because I understood that there would be the possibility of a wolf/walker to infiltrate the village and one of the security detail could block this and die for the good cause of that happened

Someone said the wolves would be mad to munch outside the selected if they have the chance. How is discussing this helping Rick?

If the top of my head: it gives risk an inkling that selecting a different 6 each night might be best- if there’s overlap the wolves and walkers have an opportunity to kill in the village pile and also to potentially frame any player in the overlap. Also it gives the maximum punishment to wolves or walkers who don’t take the opportunity when they have it since they’ve no guarantee it will come around again.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

+1 on this, have seen it too many times people clearing themselves on mechanics we didn’t understand.

I think if there is a wolf or walker in the chosen six they will take the chance to kill/convert. There will be five other people for them to put the blame on, if I was a wolf that’s what I’d do considering the walkers can multiply you’d be mad not to take the extra hit when you got the chance.

Not saying that will clear anyone if nothing happens though just in response to the above speculations.

On the hiding Rick in the group, there’s nothing to say Rick won’t choose one of those duties for himself. In the tv show he goes out scavenging and on guard duty, it would be a good way for him to hide amongst the group and not be seen as the odd one out.

I’d be weary of selecting the same six people just in case there was a walker or saviour in those selected few laying low until numbers dwindle and then hit us when we least expect it.

Liam WW wrote: »
    source.gif

Hey folks,

Could someone explain why a wolf would be mad to munch outside selected ones? I don't really get it.
    Because that tells us for sure that there’s a wolf in the set of 6 (assuming ricks alive and we have autopriest)

Liam WW wrote: »
    source.gif

Hey folks,

Those selected ones have the potential to become a core later, i think? Few caveats and variables around that i would imagine, given conversion mechanics; but id say thats why.

Because that tells us for sure that there’s a wolf in the set of 6 (assuming ricks alive and we have autopriest)

Ill just pull you up on using the phrase 'for sure' here.

Nothing is for sure.

It tells Rick my opinion on whether he should pick himself or not.

If the wolves munch outside of the 6 we know there is a wolf in that 6. Rick might even know if it’s 1-3 (if wolves or walkers are limited to picking a player from either scavengers or security each day). I think that’s just a good bookmark for us to get used to the village. The baddies will know this so I don’t see the downside to us discussing it on thread.

Voldermort will kill us whether we say his name or not.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

The below is for the three security guards

Say it is three villagers:
    - munch inside and we don't know much
    - munch outside and apparently there's a wolf inside the three (and in this case there is not)

Say it is villager, villager and wolf:
    - munch one of the two villagers, then we don't know much
    - munch outside and apparently there's a wolf inside the three (and in this case there is)

The above all depends on whether the three actually block kills.

Advertisement