Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Morning all.

I’d be up for individuals going(or at a push two). It seems like we aren’t going to find out what they get from the announcements so the other scavengers won’t know either.

In that case if it is a baddy who goes then they be talking rubbish about their prize(potentially like abi).

I’m good to go if people want

I wouldn't see the point of two, either one or all IMO

Look it seems like the majority would like individuals to go, I'm not wed to either idea.

So how about between now and 10 people post up the three people they would like to see sent out, be they who they trust or who they dont.
    Whoever gets the most votes goes on the first trip, next most goes second etc

My preference would be

Barbara
    Abbi
    Doris

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    You don't need to be here to go, we just nominate someone and off they go

well then sign me up.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

There more I think about it I don't like the idea of sendng those we trust the least.

If they got an item we first have to just trust it is what they say it is, if they say what it is at all. Then we potentially have to believe how it's used (say they got a peek for example). The item could be anything if there is one, I personally don't want to be giving the people I trust the least protection for example.

I'd say go with someone you are not majorly sus of. If they die, it sucks but maybe they were a well hidden wolf. If they don't I'd be more confident in them using whatever they scavenge in the best interest of the village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Abi is the last person I want to see sent.

That’s all I know for sure now.

And why before 10? Would be not be better off waiting until after the munch?

• Advertisement

Abi is the last person I want to see sent.

That’s all I know for sure now.

And why before 10? Would be not be better off waiting until after the munch?

We get asked immediately after munch, I don't want someone doing a Mary

Nigel WW wrote: »
    There more I think about it I don't like the idea of sendng those we trust the least.

If they got an item we first have to just trust it is what they say it is, if they say what it is at all. Then we potentially have to believe how it's used (say they got a peek for example). The item could be anything if there is one, I personally don't want to be giving the people I trust the least protection for example.

I'd say go with someone you are not majorly sus of. If they die, it sucks but maybe they were a well hidden wolf. If they don't I'd be more confident in them using whatever they scavenge in the best interest of the village.

I've gone for people I trust

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

ok, if you want to go with a mixture, My nominations

Abi - Don't trust

Babs - Seems helpful, somewhat trust

Myself, Des - I know I'm good, only one I can trust if we find something, if I die, so be it.

I've gone for people I trust

Can you explain why you trust Abbi and Doris?

I'm not rushing to lynch her (although yes like most of the village I voted for her yesterday) but I wouldn't be proposing Abbi to go and scavenge items when she got one a day and a half ago and we still don't know what it is. Could be for very good reasons but there is def a question mark of her and items atm.

We get asked immediately after munch, I don't want someone doing a Mary

I get that. But anyone doing a Mary should instantly go to the top of the lynch pile. No Roled goodie would be doing that.

I see that as another way of filtering out pontential baddies

• Advertisement

Can you explain why you trust Abbi and Doris?

I'm not rushing to lynch her (although yes like most of the village I voted for her yesterday) but I wouldn't be proposing Abbi to go and scavenge items when she got one a day and a half ago and we still don't know what it is. Could be for very good reasons but there is def a question mark of her and items atm.

TBH I dont have a great read on anyone good or bad, so I'm saying I trust these two but by the end of the day they both could be on an FFA, I'm that fluid

I trust Abbi cause she looks like she was telling the truth about her prize, I know it doesnt make her good but I always like to give points where people tell the truth
    Doris is just gut

If it was an FFA someone would call it pathetic reasons but thats where I am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

giphy.gif

I get that. But anyone doing a Mary should instantly go to the top of the lynch pile. No Roled goodie would be doing that.

I see that as another way of filtering out pontential baddies

But Mary wasn't a baddie when she did it yesterday. People just do strange things, we see it every game and you think wow that makes you look really wolfy

I'd take away temptation. I dont see the downside to having it wrapped up by 10?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Awh Guys I want to scavenge :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Day 1 locations - Riona was killed
    Day 2 locations - Mary was converted

Would it be safe to assume that today would be a kill? I say go in pairs and then hopefully if there is a prize it goes to the person unharmed.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    ok, if you want to go with a mixture, My nominations

Abi - Don't trust

Babs - Seems helpful, somewhat trust

Myself, Des - I know I'm good, only one I can trust if we find something, if I die, so be it.

I don't get suggesting people you don't trust (see my post above).

Here are mine:

Nigel: Me, I'm good, but wouldn't be the biggest loss to the village

Wendy: im not suspicious of so hopefully she would use an item in the villages interests but she has been a little under my radar and if she died I wouldn't be shocked if she was a well hidden baddie

Clodagh: Similar to Wendy but a lot more active (the highest poster)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Would it be safe to assume that today would be a kill? I say go in pairs and then hopefully if there is a prize it goes to the person unharmed.

I already said I think this is the best approach. Even with conversion we have a degree of quarantine but I’d agree a kill is more likely today

It wouldn’t say it would be safe to assume anything. So far our visits have given us a confirmed death, a confirmed conversion and maybe two prizes

But Mary wasn't a baddie when she did it yesterday. People just do strange things, we see it every game and you think wow that makes you look really wolfy

I'd take away temptation. I dont see the downside to having it wrapped up by 10?

Yeah I know. But if we had a village consensus beforehand (I know time is against us) that anyone who just goes solo is top of the lynch list I don’t see why a villager would do it

Do we think the baddies set the scavenging kills or is it prebuilt? If we wiped out one team might that help with traps too or would it just continue as normal?

• Advertisement

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Do people think this and the previous video is just one of our beloved hosts having a bit of fun?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I already said I think this is the best approach. Even with conversion we have a degree of quarantine but I’d agree a kill is more likely today

Personally I would say zero confusion is better for the village than a player of unknown orientation being more likely to pick up an item.

with this quarantine you speak of, would it not just lead to a day of arguing over which one of two to trust then potentially we lynch the wrong one and have to wait till tomorrow to get the right one?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Yeah I know. But if we had a village consensus beforehand (I know time is against us) that anyone who just goes solo is top of the lynch list I don’t see why a villager would do it

It’s difficult to find village consensus with anything. Even the voting by thanks is a bit mad, it just never works in my experience.

I think we should send groups as there’s safety in numbers, rarely see them go solo on the show and if they do they end up like Mary

I didn’t see it like that, it’s a solid idea but I still think I’d prefer solo over it

But again not wed to any particular idea

Do we think the baddies set the scavenging kills or is it prebuilt? If we wiped out one team might that help with traps too or would it just continue as normal?

I did theorize that maybe our Walker hunter may have been killed by a wolf power hence the "Simon was here" on the axe that killed her. Simon being Negan's right hand man and mostly memorable to me by also being Trevor from GTA V

If people could put solo or pair beside their nominations that would be awesome

Solo
    Barbara
    Clodagh
    Abbi

I did theorize that maybe our Walker hunter may have been killed by a wolf power hence the "Simon was here" on the axe that killed her. Simon being Negan's right hand man and mostly memorable to me by also being Trevor from GTA V

To follow up on this I think it is more than likely the wolves have some form of powers given we know that the village (including an apprentice) does from who has died so far, and yet unless say this "Simon was here" axe is an example of one then I don't think we have seen a hint of any wolf powers thus far.

Personally I would say zero confusion is better for the village than a player of unknown orientation being more likely to pick up an item.

with this quarantine you speak of, would it not just lead to a day of arguing over which one of two to trust then potentially we lynch the wrong one and have to wait till tomorrow to get the right one?

In max 25% of cases. With kills it’s not an issue. With conversions we might be able to use the prize to help us decide since walkers may not be able to use them based on Mary’s experience. Is a bullet (for example) worth 25% confusion, knowing we may also get wagonomics data on walkers from that confusion?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I vote for pairs:

Nigel & Barbara
    Clodagh & Winifred
    Brendan & Desmond

• Advertisement

In max 25% of cases. With kills it’s not an issue. With conversions we might be able to use the prize to help us decide since walkers may not be able to use them based on Mary’s experience. Is a bullet (for example) worth 25% confusion, knowing we may also get wagonomics data on walkers from that confusion?

It's very easy to pick and choose what the confusion may be but we have no idea. Solo means there is none. If someone dies we find out who they were, good or bad. If someone is converted we know who it is and who we have to kill. If someone gets an item we know for sure who has it and then who uses it if an item is suddenly used etc

Advertisement