Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Ill just pull you up on using the phrase 'for sure' here.

Nothing is for sure.

Op is pretty direct on this angus. If ricks alive then only the 6 are eligible unless a wolf or walker is in the group. It’s possible there’s other hidden stuff but that’s what we know right now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    source.gif

Hey folks,

Could someone explain why a wolf would be mad to munch outside selected ones? I don't really get it.

If the wolves munch outside the selected six, then the village will know we defo have at least one wolf in those six and will look closer at these and put a wolf in the villages sight and could possibly leave them open to losing a member.

(I for one also encourage more selfies from you Liam :) _

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Should Rick select a wolf, or a walker for either detail then they will be able to infiltrate the camp and kill or convert who they choose. - From OP

Forget most of what I said.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    It tells Rick my opinion on whether he should pick himself or not.

Its a fair point.

but we could have left it until after munch today in case the baddies slipped up, there were only 3 selected today.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

The below is for the three security guards

Say it is three villagers:
    - munch inside and we don't know much
    - munch outside and apparently there's a wolf inside the three (and in this case there is not)

Say it is villager, villager and wolf:
    - munch one of the two villagers, then we don't know much
    - munch outside and apparently there's a wolf inside the three (and in this case there is)

The above all depends on whether the three actually block kills.

How do you mean block kills, the point is that they are the security and are stopping the wolves getting into alexandria, in doing so they themselves are vunerable.

• Advertisement

The Saviours - Led by the mysterious figure known as Negan, this group want nothing more than to destroy Alexandria and all who live within. They will have a munch each night - and may also have some tricks up their sleeves to assist them.... - Also from OP

I don't think we should be blanket clearing or concluding that there is or is not a wolf in a group of six based on whether there is a kill or not.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Morning all

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Its a fair point.

but we could have left it until after munch today in case the baddies slipped up, there were only 3 selected today.

I refuse to play a game with the assumption the person I'm playing against is mashing the controller with their nose.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Op is pretty direct on this angus. If ricks alive then only the 6 are eligible unless a wolf or walker is in the group. It’s possible there’s other hidden stuff but that’s what we know right now

So nothing is for sure then :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I refuse to play a game with the assumption the person I'm playing against is mashing the controller with their nose.

Well, we are technically playing against zombies....

Just sayin...:pac:

• Advertisement

The below is for the three security guards

Say it is three villagers:
    - munch inside and we don't know much
    - munch outside and apparently there's a wolf inside the three (and in this case there is not)

Say it is villager, villager and wolf:
    - munch one of the two villagers, then we don't know much
    - munch outside and apparently there's a wolf inside the three (and in this case there is)

The above all depends on whether the three actually block kills.

This scenario cannot happen as they cannot munch outside the selected if the selected are all villagers.

Also just a reminder that 1pm and 5pm are also key times, so might be a good idea to be around for these if you can

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Well, we are technically playing against zombies....

Just sayin...:pac:

You wash that mouth out with soap Clodagh :pac:

Zombies don’t exist in the walking dead universe, they’re mindless walkers :P

Angus WW wrote: »
    So nothing is for sure then :D

When is it ever in this game :D

If the converts have to pick from the scavengers and security, is that where we should be focusing for the lynch after their immunity has expired?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I just had a thought there. If I’m right I presume wolves have discussed it or been warned to be careful.

If walkers can convert anybody doesn’t that mean wolves can’t disclose their identities to each other? Which means wagonomics is probably not ideal or gonna tell us much? (Not that i know how to make sense of that anyways).

Does that also mean that wolves will be like individual wolves on thread?

I’m asking by the way, not implying. I’ve played on wolf teams where we had to be careful what we say in our BRs and it’s not easy to strategise.

This scenario cannot happen as they cannot munch outside the selected if the selected are all villagers.

From OP

Only the six players selected are available for the kills or converts… unless….

Should Rick select a wolf, or a walker for either detail then they will be able to infiltrate the camp and kill or convert who they choose.

___

I presume that if a walker is chosen they can convert anyone and if a wolf is chosen they can kill anyone, and not that if either a wolf or walker is chosen both get to do their thing.

But Gertrude I will remind you that wolves have tricks up their sleeves apparently.

And for whoever wanted that image of myself, I don't do dunes.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    If the converts have to pick from the scavengers and security, is that where we should be focusing for the lynch after their immunity has expired?

That’s actually not a bad idea. Theoretically one of the remaining 5 has to be a walker. Either a converted one or one that was chosen by Rick. And potentially one is a wolf aswell so our chances of hitting a baddy in tonight’s lynch are at least 1/5 and possibly 2/5

Ewan WW wrote: »

We should keep an eye on them as either one of them is their only choice for conversion
    Or one of them was already converted, so yes but we don't know as it's every other night for conversion and the op is not clear over when the first conversion is. I very much doubt that of our group of three one will be munched and the other converted so I think no conversion or no munch this morning as in one or the other not both.

Derry WW wrote: »
    I just had a thought there. If I’m right I presume wolves have discussed it or been warned to be careful.

If walkers can convert anybody doesn’t that mean wolves can’t disclose their identities to each other? Which means wagonomics is probably not ideal or gonna tell us much? (Not that i know how to make sense of that anyways).

Does that also mean that wolves will be like individual wolves on thread?

I’m asking by the way, not implying. I’ve played on wolf teams where we had to be careful what we say in our BRs and it’s not easy to strategise.

Anyone in a room that hasn't been already converted would be mad to tell the others who they are on thread.

But they will need some sort of cohesion.

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    That’s actually not a bad idea. Theoretically one of the remaining 5 has to be a walker. Either a converted one or one that was chosen by Rick. And potentially one is a wolf aswell so our chances of hitting a baddy in tonight’s lynch are at least 1/5 and possibly 2/5

Just to cveat this - we don't know when the conversions start - from OP:
    Conversions will happen on a pre determined night by the mods and continue every second night from that point going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Mod Announcement:

announcement-10452423.jpg

Good Morning Alexandrians!

Unfortunately we have some bad news for you, Gabriel WW will not be rejoining us after guard duty. He was found with his head smashed in quadrant 4 as he diligently watched the walls.

On examination of his body we learned Gabriel WW was an NRV.

May his determined spirit be with you always.

In other news, 

Would:

Henry WW
    Abigail WW
    Riona WW

Please pack their things and get ready to head out and find some supplies for us? It's a big bad world out there, be careful.

We will return with the locations they can visit today shortly.

Scrap that idea then.

Mod Announcement:

announcement-10452423.jpg

Good Morning Alexandrians!

Today our scavengers have the choice of three options to visit, two of which they can pick - or not, entirely their decision.

We have:

The Forum Games Tavern

bar.jpg

Army Barracks

army-991282.jpg?r=1532091996068

And Carewswood Garden Centre

photo0jpg.jpg

If you decide to visit the locations above, can one of our scavengers please embolden the first location by 12pm, and the second by 3pm.

Thank you for your time, and good luck out there!

Note: Any locations not visited today can always be selected on subsequent days.

Lynch form is open

Everyone afraid to be the first to post after the munch?

Good to see we have autopriest in play this game.

I wonder do the scavengers just discuss on thread or do they get a backroom. I suppose pick location 1, see what happens and then decide if they want to visit another location?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

So the death was always going to be Me, Gabriel, Emily, Riona, Abigail or Henry unless there was a wolf amongst us yeah. Just want to try and get on top of the mechanics as early as possible

So the death was always going to be Me, Gabriel, Emily, Riona, Abigail or Henry unless there was a wolf amongst us yeah. Just want to try and get on top of the mechanics as early as possible

I think in this case it would have only been between You, Gabs and Emily as the scavengers were not announced until after the munch. Unless the wolves got told in the BR?

No just the three security, that was the n0 pick. Now you can be voted for but not munched tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

If there is a wolf in the 6, there was a possibility someone outside the 6 would die.

There could still be a wolf in the 6 and one of the 6 was targetted.

Advertisement